Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ride Report & winter tips

It was about -15°F at my house this morning from neighbor's accounts, I wasn't up that early, but at 9:30am, after the sun had been on my thermometer a couple hours, it was up to -5°F, by noon time, it climbed to +10°F and I said by gosh, I'm going for a ride it’s a sunny day. With heated grips, hand guards & electric vest, I was toasty warm, till I stopped for gas, my winter gloves are too thick to fumble with the key, credit card in wallet etc, so I ended up having to take my gloves off, which led to grabbing that cold metal gas pump handle, also the swipe at the pay at the pump didn't take so I had to unplug my electric vest, and I was inside in line so long that my heated grips cooled off(a bunch of snowmobilers pulled in at the same time as me) but at least the ride home from the gas station was only 3 miles the cold hands were well worth the enjoyment of getting the "wave" from a whole lot of bikers that are in their cages or on snowmobiles for about an hour & half (60miles±) And the crisp throttle response you get with cold dense air.
    TIPS:
    Keep speeds to less than 60-65mph above that and wind chill blasts right thru a motorcycle helmet even wearing a balaclava. And; Make sure your balaclava covers every part of your face that may come in direct contact with your helmet (especially the breath deflector) ever stick your tongue on bare steel at -25°, when you take your helmet off, so it slowly, breath heavy in your closed shield helmet and allow anything sticking to thaw, don't ask how I know.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

heat wave

+16

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

Your a friggin' madman...must have had that crotch heater on full...

Randy, you have balls the size of Texas to ride in that crap. I won't even ski in it.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Randy you are DEFINATELY the most hardcore mofo I know as far as biking goes.... sorry Mick...

well, today I drove my proposed Kanc ride in my cage to check the route out, other than frost heaves, the route is ok with no snow/ice problems, the lincoln side of the kanc is dirty and that is also the worst of the frost heaves.

If the weather cooperates I plan on leaving my house at 10:30am, anybody want to come along, meet me at Alton Circle at 10:45. if I don't see any bikes, I ain't stopping. MY pace should have me at Kancamangus Pass right about noon time, and in Tilton about 1:45pm

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

NESR Booster

Hey Randy..If you do your Kanc trip maybe we could meet up some place I'll buy ya a hot chocolate or cider. I live in North Woodstock and that's about your half way point.If interested let me know.Anyone crazy enough to ride over the Kanc in the winter on a motorbike......hats off to ya man!!!Rock