Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Group Ride Rules!!!! READ THIS IF YOU PLAN TO RIDE WITH US!

Re: Group Ride Rules!!!! READ THIS IF YOU PLAN TO RIDE WITH US!

A great thread to review at the beginning of group riding season. Common sense reminders before adrenaline and peer pressure cloud judgment on a group ride. Prepare for a crash before showing up then don't crash while on the ride. Have contact info, medical instructions, trailer (or friend with a trailer) lined up beforehand and everything will go far smoother for fellow riders that are trying to help. Lastly, these rules may be modified based on the leader. If you don't wish to comply, simply tell the leader you have a different plan and head off on your own. No hard feelings.

0 Not allowed!

i think the biggest thing here is Respect... respect the road, Respect the laws and most definitely, RESPECT the other Riders... dont be an asshole and do things to f-up anyone else' ride.... love the lemonade stand thing tho... classic

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by landricscustoms View Post
    i think the biggest thing here is Respect... respect the road, Respect the laws and most definitely, RESPECT the other Riders... dont be an asshole and do things to f-up anyone else' ride.... love the lemonade stand thing tho... classic
    You're a n00b. You don't get to think... and you certainly don't get respect.

I kid, I kid.

0 Not allowed!
    Original

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

definitly a good reminder for the season.

Ride safe everyone!

0 Not allowed!

2. FORMATION
    While riding at an easy pace. staggered formation fits the most bikes in the smallest area without increasing the risk factor too much. Once the pack rips into some twisties, the pack should spread out into single-file, giving the entire lane to each rider, allowing them to take whatever damn line they want. Never cross wheels with the rider in front of you, even in staggered formation. You don't want to have to worry about someone being NEXT to you in a turn if you decide to change lines. People take some pretty crazy lines, mainly due to road conditions, but that's the nature of street riding.

This rule could use a second look by some people. Remember to always give space to the guy in front of you. Even at slower speeds threw towns don't ride up next to someone. I know I personally don't like running certain road hazards over and it sucks to have to use extra caution because some one is beside you or up your ass.

0 Not allowed!
    ~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Quote Originally Posted by MattyM View Post
    Just to throw my 2 cents in here, it'll be very rare that an EMT will actually call or look for an ICE number. I'm a paramedic and leave that up to the police/emergency room. My main concern is treating my patient, calling an ICE number will hinder my patient care and isn't practical.

That being said, an ICE number is still a very, very good idea. As I said, I have no problem delegating that task to a police officer on scene.

Medical cards in your wallet are also amazing. I always either check a wallet real quick myself or have someone else on scene check it. If you have a laminated piece of paper there with name, date of birth, medications, allergies and past medical history it makes any EMT's job much easier and can dictate the care they give.

Having both ICE and a medical card in your wallet are both things every responsible person, not only biker, should have, in my opinion.

I have never in 18 yrs. checked someone's phone for ICE but I have on almost every patient I've transported had them either take their info out of their wallet (if conscious) or looked for a wallet for info if they were unconscious. A card with name, date of birth, medical history, medications and allergies is perfect for EMS. Wallet is the best place for that info.. That helmet pouch looks great too but I would worry that it could rip off if the helmet were scraping against the ground

0 Not allowed!

For those that have "abnormal" EKG's that are normal for them, keep a plastic coated miniturized copy in your wallet.

Saves you from being treated for something that is "normal" for you.

0 Not allowed!
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride would do.

After the last time I almost died, my parents gave me one of those RoadID bracelets. Tells phone numbers and morphine allergy and name, DOB, etc. and is pretty minimal on my wrist. I ride with that now, they are cheap, I would suggest them to anyone.

Q for the EMT's, do you guys check for these nowadays? Or is the necklace still the way to go. Hell, I have considered having the info tattoo'ed on me.

oh and these are good rules. Specially the dick-punching. I'd piss myself laughing if that ever actually happened.

0 Not allowed!
    Don't Fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

NEW STREET/TRACK: 2007.5 Aprilia Tuono
    STREET/TRACK: '08 CBR600RR (SOLD)
    '07 VFR800 (SOLD)

my 5+ years on the ambulance a bracelet or necklace have never come into play for medical info. its always been looking in a wallet or purse or on the refrigerator at home. and i wouldnt suggest under the seat on the bike, chances of taking the time to look there are slim since if its a trauma we (emt's, medics, firefighters, police) would be checking the person before trying to pry the rear seat off, unless its cracked open like an egg

1 Not allowed!

I'm pretty sure the hope is that it's in a standard spot for the nesr group so one of the members on the ride can procure the information for ems before they arrive.

1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123