Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ride Saturday Aug 5- West NH, VT maybe NY

Originally posted by odduc
    OK, I'm in too !!!!

Seeing as how most of our old gang is in on this ride, I just can't pass it up.

See you all in the am !!!!!!!!!

bout time john!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I Dance With Will

well I'm out then...

joking

"fuckit!"

Originally posted by Leebo
    Wayno,
    Wanna meet me at the house or at the 119/31 at 815 or so?
    Lee

For christ sake! Can I at least get out of bed first

See ya there.

Wayne-o

P.S. ...........Oh and fuck you Kham!

joking

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

I had plans for Sarturday but I'm tempted to bail out on go on this ride

Eduardo

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by R-S-V
    I had plans for Sarturday but I'm tempted to bail out on go on this ride
    change it and lets go.

i'll give you a shout tonight.

"fuckit!"

Do you have room for two more? My brother and I would like to go. Early start is fine by us.

RE

Lee...sounds great. But IT'S TOO DAMNED EARLY!!! All you old farts should investigate the many pleasures of SLEEPING IN on a Saturday. I'll probably pass you on your way back!

Enjoy your ride!!

J
    i
    n
    g
    o

"The power of the riff compels me..."

"Can I play with madness?"

Dam...............................I didn't read the options cuz we usually meet at 119 and 31. So.........................................let there be one consistant thing in this thread. We'll meet at 119 and 31.

If Tim is reading this thread..................................Yes, My wheels and bike will be clean.

Wayne-o

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Re: RE

Originally posted by Jingo_Maze
    Lee...sounds great. But IT'S TOO DAMNED EARLY!!! All you old farts should investigate the many pleasures of SLEEPING IN on a Saturday. I'll probably pass you on your way back!

Enjoy your ride!!

J
    i
    n
    g
    o

Are you kidding? I'm 24 and 6am is sleeping in for me. I'm usually up before 5am 6 days of the week.

I've got my alarm set for 6:50, if I even sleep that late, I'll be surprised. See you fellows in the AM!!

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Originally posted by Punjistick
    Do you have room for two more? My brother and I would like to go. Early start is fine by us.

hope you guys make it!

Originally posted by Wayne-o
    If Tim is reading this thread..................................Yes, My wheels and bike will be clean.

Wayne-o
    LOL, mine aren't.

I only just now read this thread. I try to stay away from the rides portion of the site since my bike is out of commission. Why torture myself if I can't go on the ride. I wish I could have made it on this one though.

I hope you guys have a good ride.

I just got home. Was gonna ride around on my own for longer, but the oil light coming on was probably my "sign" to go home and change the oil and do various other services to the bike.

Had fun today, nice meeting some new people yet again. Hope I wasnt too fast/slow/squidly/conservative for anyone.

I think I only did MAYBE 250 miles, but thats only because I pretty much live within 40 minutes of both the "start" and "end" points.

Yep, just got in myself. About 245 miles. Not bad, leaves me time to hit the beer and enjoy the weather for the rest of the day..

Good to meet everyone, hope to do it again soon

odduc, that camera looked like a pain in the ass flooping around all the way home. Better make it worth it and post some of those bad boys you took.

First off I wanna say thanks to everyone that showed up and to Jeff for leading the faster group.
    Hoss, I am already 3 beers in to it I got home parked the bike and grabed the 4 wheeler and the york rake and drug my wifes riding ring.
    It was a good day, no wrecks and no tickets and it was good to meet some new people and ride with most of the SSA group.
    haha
    Lee
    +1 A pleasure to meet you all and thanks for letting me tag along. I'm looking forward to the next invite. Somebody forgot about our two Boston boys as we were heading up Rt. 101 towards Manchester. No biggie. I led them to Rt. 3 and they're on their way south despite a little .... uh ... let's just say your post jinxed the ride Leebo.

Enough typing, 270 miles and it's margaritathirty!

Originally posted by JeffL
    I just got home. Was gonna ride around on my own for longer, but the oil light coming on was probably my "sign" to go home and change the oil and do various other services to the bike.

That's what you get for riding a 2-stroke on a 250 mile ride.

I hadda pretty good time today. The high-lite of my day was leading on 137. My attitude has changed a bit since my get off and experinces over the years. Distance and endurance is a goal of mine now. This leaves the constant adrenaline rush of a constant high speed ride out of the equation.

Great ta ride with some of my old riding buds, Lee, Mike, and John. It was also a pleasure to have met some new peeps too.

If I seemed a bit on the quiet side today I apologize. I was dealing with a few issues.

Good performance everyone and a great time riding.

Wayne-o

I Dance With Will

umm... well? awesome! nice meeting.. . fun chasing the FZR600. Jeff, that's pretty good. you reminded me of Ben.

we finished off with the roller coaster raods.

man... something is screwed up with my bike. there is a lag, like a sec, when reving the throttle and feels like it's loosing power. you know what im talking about? i know for sure it's not suppose to be like that. no wonder i couldn't do the wheelie.

"fuckit!"

We got home a while ago but the first thing we had to do was eat some food! Cheese, thanks for getting us back on track and for bending my brothers rearset back into shape.

Yup we had a little incident. Nothing major. I had just stopped at a stop sign when all of a sudden I felt and heard a bang. Next thing I knew I was on the ground Luckily it was a back road and the cars behind us stopped right away. Neither of us were hurt which was good. My brother bumped into my rear tire I guess He says that he had the front brake to the hand grip and just had no stopping power. We'll have to check for air in the line. My bike eascaped unscathed thanks to my ridiculously long frame sliders. His bike wasn't so luckly but the damage was minimal and mostly cosmetic. The left mirror broke off, left turn signal popped the lens, and the left rearset got bent towards the chain and was rubbing.

It was nice meeting everyone (some new faces and some old) I had a great time and after 400 miles it's time for a few I'll post up some of the pics I took later. Looking foward for the next one

Sorry to hear that Harrison went down. Wierd that he'd all of a sudden lose the front, did it work fine the rest of the way home?

I'm finally in the house, showered, and ready for some food. Got home, pulled and cleaned/gapped the plugs, changed the oil and filter, synched the carbs, and installed my new rivet link for my chain. Still need to get my new rear shock mounted at some point, maybe this week.

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves. I guess my philosophy while up in the lead is if you are behind me, you can always choose to go slower (like Hoss even said, he let Rob/Cheese pass him at some point), but you cant necessarily go faster. I just like to keep a pace where I'm plenty comfy, that most sane people would enjoy, but if its a bit much, you've got a turn signal, and a hand to wave people by, use them. We arent gonna just take off and leave you stranded wondering where we turned next.

We're all big boys, I have to assume people can make their own decisions, and not just follow blindly. No incidents (besides Harrison ), so all went well. Although odduc did kind of have to take one for the team, and hang back while that VT trooper tried to kiss his rear tire.

Any feedback on my 'lead'? I'm still really new to riding, and since I end up knowing alot of the roads in the areas I end up going with people on group rides, I usually end up the unofficial lead of the group, which I dont mind at all. Just curious if anyone had any compliments/gripes/complaints, as I really do like taking the lead and want to make it fun for everyone while still having some fun myself.

i had a good time today! met some more cool people, reconnected with some old friends, talked bikes. all good

i hope my bonzi run up hogs back on the way home wasn't to much. i may have gotten carried away or not i guess it depends on your point of view

Originally posted by mikeb
    i had a good time today! met some more cool people, reconnected with some old friends, talked bikes. all good

i hope my bonzi run up hogs back on the way home wasn't to much. i may have gotten carried away or not i guess it depends on your point of view
    Were you trying to recreate the ride done by that 250 Ninja you were talking about?

I Dance With Will

Jeff, your lead is perfect at least for me. keep up the good work.

most of us hve been to group rides know the "ride your own ride". don't worry about what is said here because it's all a joke.

"fuckit!"

did it work fine the rest of the way home?

I used the rear, I'm not fucking trusting the front brake until I check it out.

It's funny, I have been bitching about that front brake for at least 2 months, having the feeling that something was wrong with it. I was just waiting till winter to do all the services I had planed.

The only thing that broke was the mirror, everything bent back/buffed out/poped back in.

Sorry to hear that Harrison went down. Wierd that he'd all of a sudden lose the front, did it work fine the rest of the way home?

I'm finally in the house, showered, and ready for some food. Got home, pulled and cleaned/gapped the plugs, changed the oil and filter, synched the carbs, and installed my new rivet link for my chain. Still need to get my new rear shock mounted at some point, maybe this week.

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves. I guess my philosophy while up in the lead is if you are behind me, you can always choose to go slower (like Hoss even said, he let Rob/Cheese pass him at some point), but you cant necessarily go faster. I just like to keep a pace where I'm plenty comfy, that most sane people would enjoy, but if its a bit much, you've got a turn signal, and a hand to wave people by, use them. We arent gonna just take off and leave you stranded wondering where we turned next.

We're all big boys, I have to assume people can make their own decisions, and not just follow blindly. No incidents (besides Harrison ), so all went well. Although odduc did kind of have to take one for the team, and hang back while that VT trooper tried to kiss his rear tire.

Any feedback on my 'lead'? I'm still really new to riding, and since I end up knowing alot of the roads in the areas I end up going with people on group rides, I usually end up the unofficial lead of the group, which I dont mind at all. Just curious if anyone had any compliments/gripes/complaints, as I really do like taking the lead and want to make it fun for everyone while still having some fun myself.

man leading a group ride is a little nerve racking. atleast to me it is. i think you did great. traffic sucked and you got around it the best you could leading such a big group. i'll give you an A-

sorry to hear about your get off harrison. glad your ok. the bike can be fixed.

kham how many miles on your bike now? maybe time for new plugs?

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by mikeb

kham how many miles on your bike now? maybe time for new plugs?
    ~ 17700. I checked the plug at 15k and looks fine. I regap 1 little bit. I think might electrical related.

"fuckit!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast