Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Small Group Rides?

Small Group Rides?

Rethinking doing small group rides...or even solo recreational (therapeutic) rides in these weird times.

I guess the responsible - some argue ‘patriotic’ - thing to do is to stay home.

So, if you see some guy out on a Guzzi V85tt with a cool custom helmet it’s not me...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Hypertarded

Re: Small Group Rides?

I've got a "group" of 3-4 kids ridding up & down my road ALL day on 2-smokers, whoolies, Brap Brap Brap....as long as it's less than 10 ...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Rethinking doing small group rides...or even solo recreational (therapeutic) rides in these weird times.

I guess the responsible - some argue ‘patriotic’ - thing to do is to stay home.

So, if you see some guy out on a Guzzi V85tt with a cool custom helmet it’s not me...
    Any idea if Seacoast is still doing the Ducati kickoff event this weekend? Happy to take a ride Sunday weathers lookin nice.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I've done over 400 miles of small rides so far this year. Usually 2-4 bikes, some with passengers. At stops/breaks, we keep our distances. No one gets to play around with, sit on or poke at another's bike, no one shares anything. We avoid stores, populated stops (stores, scenic lookouts, take-out restaurants, etc.) and the such. I can't speak for the others because I gas up solo before the rides. But I do the common sense thing and wear gloves when fueling up (toss them in the garbage of course), blah-blah-blah. Truth be told, I usually wear gloves anyway when getting gas before all this, just not the disposable ones. I also carry hand sanitizer in my saddlebag.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    I've got a "group" of 3-4 kids ridding up & down my road ALL day on 2-smokers, whoolies, Brap Brap Brap....as long as it's less than 10 ...
    We did one of those birthday parade things for a friend's grandson a couple weeks ago. There was a convoy of Groms & Z125 Pros all going by the house on their back tires. The kid LIT UP when they went by.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I've done over 400 miles of small rides so far this year. Usually 2-4 bikes, some with passengers. At stops/breaks, we keep our distances. No one gets to play around with, sit on or poke at another's bike, no one shares anything. We avoid stores, populated stops (stores, scenic lookouts, take-out restaurants, etc.) and the such. I can't speak for the others because I gas up solo before the rides. But I do the common sense thing and wear gloves when fueling up (toss them in the garbage of course), blah-blah-blah. Truth be told, I usually wear gloves anyway when getting gas before all this, just not the disposable ones. I also carry hand sanitizer in my saddlebag.
    Very similar situation here. I've got a few friends we will meet up and activate the Sena Bluetooth headsets, so at least we can talk. Helmets on the whole time, no touching anything but the button for gas at the station. At least the wives let us out to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by RSV4Slayer View Post
    Very similar situation here. I've got a few friends we will meet up and activate the Sena Bluetooth headsets, so at least we can talk. Helmets on the whole time, no touching anything but the button for gas at the station. At least the wives let us out to do it...
    Meh...Big Shirl's been on the back for a couple spins. Otherwise she has zero problems if I venture out alone. She understands I didn't buy the thing to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Meh...Big Shirl's been on the back for a couple spins. Otherwise she has zero problems if I venture out alone. She understands I didn't buy the thing to look at it.
    Nice, better put a ring on it if you haven't already haha! Since we are being all open and honest I originally got the Street Triple for my wife but she ended up looking at it more than riding it so now I have a second love <3... or 3rd depends on how you count!

I prefer small groups, All I have done is one Solo ride this year so far as I am recovering from a broken collarbone. I am healed enough to ride now!
    Luckily for me my new house just happens to be on one of my backroads I used to take when heading North into NH.

Looking forward to normalcy or something close to it to start riding and the abilty to have a long destination for lunch and gas stops without the worry of this Virus.

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...