Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Any rides in RI or Southeastern MA?

Re: Any rides in RI or Southeastern MA?

Quote Originally Posted by JonT View Post
    im local! was actually just at URI... yesterday(maybe?)... i dont go there, i go to CCRI. Im just starting out riding, so i dont do anything too dumb... just speed. but i speed on everything... car, bicycle, snowboard... i just enjoy speed.
    This is my third season riding street bikes, rode various dirt bikes for years but nothing too serious. I have a tendency to speed on just about everything I do as well, however I've been taking it easy on my bike down in RI because there are cops EVERYWHERE. I'm from middle of no where VT, where I get some nice twisties and public highways where there are very few cars, let alone police. And then the back roads? Fun

What do you ride?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by khuygie88 View Post
    This is my third season riding street bikes, rode various dirt bikes for years but nothing too serious. I have a tendency to speed on just about everything I do as well, however I've been taking it easy on my bike down in RI because there are cops EVERYWHERE. I'm from middle of no where VT, where I get some nice twisties and public highways where there are very few cars, let alone police. And then the back roads? Fun

What do you ride?
    too and from work.... other than that, it all depends. i just started riding so im trying not to ride the same road twice.

from portsmouth

95 Yamaha Seca II- Sold
    02 Ducati ST2

ok, maybe i just been out on only windy days, but lately i been wondering. how the hell do people wheelie on the high way and not get tossed off the bike from the speed and the wind pushing on you, and the wind pushing you side to side?
    practice skill and sometimes by hanging way the hell off the bike

Quote Originally Posted by crowspeed07 View Post
    practice skill and sometimes by hanging way the hell off the bike
    don't do that shit in plymouth. i could very well be the one coming to scrape your ass up. and if you run up my ass on 195 i'm not gonna be happy either. sunday mornings in an industrial park, have a blast. i know this sounds uppity, but seeing a bunch of peeps riding like you're describing makes my blood boil.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    don't do that shit in plymouth. i could very well be the one coming to scrape your ass up. and if you run up my ass on 195 i'm not gonna be happy either. sunday mornings in an industrial park, have a blast. i know this sounds uppity, but seeing a bunch of peeps riding like you're describing makes my blood boil.
    You think...I didn't want to be the first to post that, but I'm not riding with people doing stupid sh1t

CCS #31

There is a time and place for everything....................... I say if the guys you are riding with aren't ok with people acting like asses then you shouldn't. Just my .02

2002 Honda RC51
    2001 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax/Allison

[quote=khuygie88;885041]This is my third season riding street bikes, rode various dirt bikes for years but nothing too serious. I have a tendency to speed on just about everything I do as well, however I've been taking it easy on my bike down in RI because there are cops EVERYWHERE. I'm from middle of no where VT, where I get some nice twisties and public highways where there are very few cars, let alone police. And then the back roads? Fun

What do you ride?[/QUOTE]

too and from work.... other than that, it all depends. i just started riding so im trying not to ride the same road twice.
    i dont think i answered your question correctly.... 2004 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote Originally Posted by DB Duramax View Post
    There is a time and place for everything....................... I say if the guys you are riding with aren't ok with people acting like asses then you shouldn't. Just my .02
    Oh agreed 100% I've done a highway wheelie, I just don't agree with it anymore after I met the race track. It's just foolish, specially when you catch the idiots doing it without any gear on

Last edited by MaRce1o; 03-26-10 at 12:22 PM.

CCS #31

I screw around, but if I am with guys who aren't into it or are uncomfortable with it, I don't.

2002 Honda RC51

I do too, and it's the same deal, when riding with other people I always keep in mind that they're with me, I do something stupid we all get busted...it sucks, has happened before

CCS #31

Quote Originally Posted by crowspeed07 View Post
    I live in mattapoisett. usually do alot of rides to plymouth then we do 3a up to boston ride around there. as long as your not a complete idiot riding and pay attention your more then welcome to come. but your warned now i ride with mostly stuntriders so there are highway whoolies. thats why ya gotta be able to pay attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo07R1 View Post
    I do too, and it's the same deal, when riding with other people I always keep in mind that they're with me, I do something stupid we all get busted...it sucks, has happened before
    I clearly say it could very well happen so anyone around here that wants to come along on the ride knows. Your not into it stay the fuck home ride with others who ride more so along your style. Thanks for the concern about scraping me off the road but i have never once mentioned me partaking in any of these activities i do however say I RIDE WITH MOSTLY STUNT RIDERS. Please go preach your do as i say not as i do to someone else because i personally don't give a shit what you do and don't do while riding. Someone asked who lives around here and rides. Guess what i fall into that category. But from the beginning im letting anyone who may want to come along know what they may see because if they don't want to be around it they aren't surprised mid ride.

Quote Originally Posted by DB Duramax View Post
    I screw around, but if I am with guys who aren't into it or are uncomfortable with it, I don't.
    Thank you finally someone who isn't the god among men of riding and a gear nazi. If i wanna ride in my bathing suit who cares its my concern not anyone elses. Were all adults we make and live with our choices. This exact response from duramax is why i said it from the get go so no one is surprised by what a ride could bring. And alot of people would be surprised about the time and place. these arent just the yutt uggh guys trying to impress cars. unless youve ridden with a group like this please keep your comments to yourself. I can just as easily assume anyone in full leathers is automatically out there ripping corners with no regards for speed or the safety of others on the road. But guess what id just be assuming and we know what comes of that

Last edited by crowspeed07; 03-26-10 at 03:58 PM.

Lighten up, Francis.

Go do your wheelies and stoppies where you aren't going to piss anybody off is what I was really saying. That shit has no place on a nesr group ride. Nothing personal at all.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lighten up, Francis.

Go do your wheelies and stoppies where you aren't going to piss anybody off is what I was really saying. That shit has no place on a nesr group ride. Nothing personal at all.
    I've read the nesr rules and if i go on an nesr ride I plan to follow them just like anyone who goes on a ride with another group should. But i'm inviting some people if they wanna come riding closer to my area. But just like the street rides on here have rules the rides i go on have people doing things that people need to pay attention and know so its not a surprise. Some people don't wanna ride with groups that may get them into trouble Which is fine that's why its said ahead of time. And in all the time riding ive never seen someone randomly bust out a highway stoppie with this group of riders.

i dont think i answered your question correctly.... 2004 Suzuki GSXR600
    Yeah, it was late. I'm on a Yellow '02 SV650, looking to upgrade to a GSXR 750 but that won't happen til next spring, likely....

i'm in westport..............hold on, whats up dbag....

I feel like the ugly duckling of NESR with the extended swingarm. Everyone meets up to hit the twisties & I'm stuck (my choice) to be unable to rip on the twisties. I can keep up but I can't slam it down. Anyone interested in a straight ride lol jk

PCIII, Ignition Moduel, Dynojet Quickshifter, -1/+2 Driven Sprockets, Flapper Mod, Extended Swingarm, HID, Nitrous, Custom Map, Corbin Seat, Lowering Link, Galfer Brake Lines, Greggs Flush Mounts, Comp Werkes Fender Eliminator, Speedo Healer, R6 Throttle Tube, Hyperflo Exhaust, Powder Coating.

Quote Originally Posted by MJD41985 View Post
    I feel like the ugly duckling of NESR with the extended swingarm. Everyone meets up to hit the twisties & I'm stuck (my choice) to be unable to rip on the twisties. I can keep up but I can't slam it down. Anyone interested in a straight ride lol jk
    I'll ride with ya. lol

GSXR750 GS650 Street Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by MJD41985 View Post
    i'm 8"over myself, still can hold my own, nothing like regular length bikes though. Can i ride with you mr rc51 dbag guy..............???

Last edited by zx12rider; 03-26-10 at 07:19 PM.

i dont care if i ride with people doing wheelies but they better ride behind me so if they crash it doesnt affect me.

95 Yamaha Seca II- Sold
    02 Ducati ST2

Quote Originally Posted by zx12rider View Post
    i'm 8"over myself, still can hold my own, nothing like regular length bikes though. Can i ride with you mr rc51 dbag guy..............???
    Chewy!!!!

2002 Honda RC51

Posting Freak

Im in Westerly... Always down for a ride. PM me for contact info or if your going riding ever.

If anyone is from S. RI near me, maybe we can go get a tag today if it warms up, and i'm not stuck at work till 5.

2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Ebony Edition
    Miles my first (this) season: 5800
    KAWASAKI RULES WOOOOO!

its freeeezing today and I suck at wheelies. baaad bad bad. Good at twisties, bad at wheelies.

Navy sending me on field trip until next weekend, its supposed to be 70 then, lets get something planned!

Don't Fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

NEW STREET/TRACK: 2007.5 Aprilia Tuono
    STREET/TRACK: '08 CBR600RR (SOLD)
    '07 VFR800 (SOLD)

Looks like the later part of the week is going to be good, Sunday looks awesome too!!

2002 Honda RC51