Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Riding Buddy Went Down

Resident Bosox Aficionado mikem317's Avatar

Riding Buddy Went Down

He's okay though, he put it down on the back of a sedan after the cager decided to U-turn right in front of his bike at 30 mph. Nowhere to go I guess; I wasn't there.

His Duke isn't looking so hot though; scratched fairings, dented tank, broken headlight, fairing and windshield. The front fork is out of alignment too. He wasn't wearing gear and got a few abrasions and surface cuts on his arms, knees and legs. I think he regrets not wearing his gear, but isn't too vocal about it. The insurance company is calling it a total and he's getting enough to cover the lein on the machine. He says his credit is shaky and that he won't be able to even finance another machine, so he needs to save until for a ride next year.

He was the only one I was riding w/ on the weekends and the occasional weekday night. If anyone's up for riding on the North Shore on the weekends (esp. mornings!) let me know!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Regards,
    Mike

Where were you on October 27, 2004? // Got Wallpaper? // Special Discount for Boston Red Sox Fans! // Because even Alex Rodriguez has feelings too...

"Everytime I see a Yankee's hat, I see a swastika just a little off kilter." -- Bill "Spaceman" Lee

Riding Buddy Went Down

WTF? Only enough to cover the lein? He should at least get the replacement value of the bike. If the other guy really did U-turn in front of him, your buddy shouldn't be at fault and the other guy's insurance would cover EVERYTHING!

Are you sure he is telling you everything?

Riding Buddy Went Down

I think somebody should read the fine print or should have before they purchased the policy

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Riding Buddy Went Down

Originally posted by ZX-12R
    WTF? Only enough to cover the lein? He should at least get the replacement value of the bike. If the other guy really did U-turn in front of him, your buddy shouldn't be at fault and the other guy's insurance would cover EVERYTHING!

Are you sure he is telling you everything?
    The outstanding principal on the bike is almost what the market value of the machine is, I guess. I think the Duke is like $7,500 market value, and he owes almost $7,000.

I think he should sue for extra monies for the purpose being for replacement machine.

Regards,
    Mike

Where were you on October 27, 2004? // Got Wallpaper? // Special Discount for Boston Red Sox Fans! // Because even Alex Rodriguez has feelings too...

"Everytime I see a Yankee's hat, I see a swastika just a little off kilter." -- Bill "Spaceman" Lee

Riding Buddy Went Down

Mike, I lost my riding partner as well, but only due to him moving and he rarely has time to go out now. I live in Waltham, so let me know what days your going to ride. I'm going to hit up the lowell bike night this Tuesday if you want to head up.

Riding Buddy Went Down

Originally posted by gsxr0035
    Mike, I lost my riding partner as well, but only due to him moving and he rarely has time to go out now. I live in Waltham, so let me know what days your going to ride. I'm going to hit up the lowell bike night this Tuesday if you want to head up.
    Count me in for the following week. I have a business trip on Wednesday and have to leave out of Logan early.

Email me or post a reply if you want to head up to Lowell on the 13th. I've never been but wanted to go for awhile!

Regards,
    Mike

Riding Buddy Went Down

Sounds good! Would it be easier for you to leave from Waltham after work on Tuesday?

Riding Buddy Went Down

Originally posted by mikem317
    The outstanding principal on the bike is almost what the market value of the machine is, I guess. I think the Duke is like $7,500 market value, and he owes almost $7,000.

I think he should sue for extra monies for the purpose being for replacement machine.
    The purpose of insurance is to indemnify the policy holder, or to make them "whole" again. Collision coverage is based on actual cash value, not replacement value, if you want that type of coverage, you need to state that you want a "stated value policy" like they do on antique cars and shit.

Your friend will have no luck suing for the "sentimental" value of the bike or cost to get a 2006 replacement.

Best bet is to find corupt ambulance chasing lawyer and a bogus doctor to make a bodily injury claim, then we will all have to pay higher insurance rates to pay for the 2006 bike for him. Everyone else does it, so should he.

All I want for Christmas is another rear tire.....

http://www.ratemythong.com/indexhome.php

Riding Buddy Went Down

Originally posted by Cue Ball
    The purpose of insurance is to indemnify the policy holder, or to make them "whole" again. Collision coverage is based on actual cash value, not replacement value, if you want that type of coverage, you need to state that you want a "stated value policy" like they do on antique cars and shit.

Your friend will have no luck suing for the "sentimental" value of the bike or cost to get a 2006 replacement.

Best bet is to find corupt ambulance chasing lawyer and a bogus doctor to make a bodily injury claim, then we will all have to pay higher insurance rates to pay for the 2006 bike for him. Everyone else does it, so should he.
    Good idea. I'll get him to call one of those mid-day TV personal injury lawyers!

Regards,
    Mike

Riding Buddy Went Down

When they settled on my '01 R6 that got stolen July of '04, insurance gave me NADA Retail (www.nada.com) plus 5% tax money. No $ for accessories since manufacturer parts are generally more expensive. They didn't deduct for excess mileage (17K) since I had lots of service records/accessory receipts showing that I took great care of it...

Kevin
    '05 Warrior
    Quincy, MA
    AIM: BostonianR6