Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Riding to Panama

Re: Riding to Panama

confused, Panama beach FL? or Panama South america? I assume SA because of military police everywhere but just curious, sorry. lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Well, I'll have to say that's about the best first post to a forum I've seen in a long time. I think I would be interested in the ride to Buffalo, and perhaps on to Chicago. Panama, unfortunately, would be very unlikely to be possible for me this year. I did ride my Monster from San Diego to NH, via New Orleans, in October.

PhilB
    A long time? You have only been here for a couple months

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Originally Posted by PhilB
    Well, I'll have to say that's about the best first post to a forum I've seen in a long time. I think I would be interested in the ride to Buffalo, and perhaps on to Chicago. Panama, unfortunately, would be very unlikely to be possible for me this year. I did ride my Monster from San Diego to NH, via New Orleans, in October.

PhilB

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    A long time? You have only been here for a couple months
    He said A forum, not THIS forum! And, you know Doc...there ARE others....!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Sam....I have a list I use here...it's a Word Doc so you can edit it to your own satisfaction!
    That is very good list, I would add to the list, a piece of bendable wire but strong enough to hold metal or anything else, needed nose pliers, copy of passport, suntan lotion I'll add more later when I have more time. Sorry that I have not been able to put my list together but with the one posted is perfect with a few additions. Oh, also plenty of water depending on where you are travelling, I use something called a Camelback.

thank you, Dave

yes, we have camelbacks. I'm not a big fan of them so this is probably the first trip I'll actually use one.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    thank you, Dave

yes, we have camelbacks. I'm not a big fan of them so this is probably the first trip I'll actually use one.
    I hate carrying my camelback on my back while riding, so I got a tankbag that holds a bladder in the bottom. Works great, easy to reach, and nothing restricting movement. I tried tying it to my luggage on my first trip, but the pressure of the straps made water leak out. Having water readily available makes a huge difference for me.

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

A few more days and I am off for the first stop in Toronto Canada, around 550 miles alone, ouch!!! Staying there for 2 days to visit a few places one of them called Badlands, not sure what is there but sounds good. Then on Monday, mad sprint into Chicago, riding alone, another 500+ miles, riding through Canada to Detroit Michigan then into Chicago. Staying there for about a week, then on July 2 or 4th, exact day still not decided, then another mad sprint to Mexico, Guatemala, etc......(with the guys) all the way to the Panama Canal. I will dance across the bridge, dance back on bridge then mad sprint back to Chicago to hopefully catch a group of ladies that are riding to Sturgis SD for bike week. After Sturgis, back to Chicago then to Toronto Canada then home. When done I should have logged around 15,000 miles on my Triumph Bonneville.

Not sure how much blogging here I will be able to do, but just visit my site, I will keep that updated, or Twitter or Facebook. This is my site: http://www.missrider.com/
    Hope to see you there!!!

Have fun! Sounds like a great adventure. I just got back from an 8 day trip on the bike, not sure I could fair well with your schedule. Again, have a great time and good fortune to you.

Safe travels!

Sam

Good luck and be safe!

Unfortunately I won't be able to ride along on any of this as I had previously hoped; I'm in the middle of making arrangements to move here to NH permanently, so my time is taken up.

Hopefully upon your return, you can join some of us on local rides and tell some tales.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Congats on making it to Panama. A dream realized. Just awesome!!!!!

It was cool standing around talking to you for awhile without knowing who you were, crossing paths in Berlin NH of all places. When your friend mentioned you had ridden to Panama I remembered this thread, so I had to ask about NESR. Funny thing tho, I almost stopped at the Irving station on the other end of town...but saw NO shade so I continued along knowing there was another gas station near RT 16.

Hope you guys had a good ride. You mentioned heading home on 93, After we parted ways I realized we were going to go right through Lincoln NH and crossed 93, you mentioned taking 93 home. We went to Hurricane mtn rd and Bear Notch rd, then the Kank back to Lincoln. You could have joined us for one crazy road and one twisty road and a bit less slab, though you were with your friend and headed the opposite direction. If you've never ridden Hurricane mtn or Bear Notch roads, check 'em out.

16,000 miles total you said? Crazy

I just saw Madeline aka Miss Rider posting from Africa. She shipped her Yamaha XT250 dual sport over and is riding around with migrating herds and lions. She posted a river crossing with crocodiles. WOW

Update: Krugar and Chobe NP's. South Africa.

Riding to Panama-screen-shot-2021-03-21-a

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rambunctous; 03-21-21 at 12:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12