Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ride Report, Rte 153 conditions

I went for a ride today, first to RMS to pick up a spring for my right foot peg, I've been using a mini bungee cord as a bandaid for a while.

from there, I headed back to farm'tn and headed north on 153, I was very surprised, no sand in road to speak off , I think less than you see in summer, snow banks are eye level or higher but are winged back and actually make entrance visibility better IMHO, still a lot of salt stains,

Frost heaves at the southern end are starting to subside but there still there, Sun is still at fairly low angle, shadows cast across the road hide some of the heaving.

Some snowmelt into roadway only occasionally, the melt rate is slow so most of the runooff is contained in the roadside drainage, shoulders are still frozen, so cages that are cutting corners are not dragging gravel into the road.

the section around province lake into ME up to south effingham is smoothest, but from there north thru the chicane bridge and all the way to 25 is the roughest, along the river, theres plate tectonics going on, one side of the crack in the pavement is 6" higher than the other

today was a day I got to exercise my legs I had to lift my weight off the seat quite a bit.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Isn't there a lot of sand accumulation where cagers aren't driving?

I found that on the main roads, there isn't any salt in the tire grooves. But the painted lines of the streets and entrances/exits of parking lots have enough sand to make any leaning dangerous.

there's quite a bit of sand on town roads, in NH the secondary & primary state highways are pretty much sand free, what sand there is, I found was always visible and did not pose any problem to leanin ....... BUT on the twisty routes, frost heaves are still abundant and a prudent pace is less than 60mph,

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Worcester area was pretty clear and sand-free yesterday...

Routes 70 , 140 , 20 , 146 , 190 and 290 were suprisingly clean...maybe a good sign for the upcoming season...