Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Saturday riding if anyone is interested.

I'll be starting out in the Berkshires EARLY! Early as in 7:00 a.m. in order to avoid leaf peepers, tree huggers, granola heads, and the elderly. I have no route planned as I have a number of places I want to explore but I can assure you it will include roads in MA, NY, VT, and possibly NH. My only requirement for the day is to be in Manchester NH by 4:00 p.m.

If anyone is interested in tagging along, let me know. I don't mind meeting people somewhere so long as we stay West of Greenfield.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A couple of us are heading out of Westfield, MA, but we won't be leaving until around 10 AM. Chance of fog in the AM around here, so better to let the condensate burn off.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

I've ridden in heavy fog at 7am on a nice mild 35* degree day out. Its a good time, I suggest everyone try it.

Having grown up in Windsor MA I'm used to extremely thick fog... Just not the deer that like to hide in it!

I'm still heading out at 7ish in the morning. I don't make it out the Berkshires too often anymore and I want to maximize my riding time.

i'd definitely be interested if i wasn't stuck doing yard work all day. have fun.

I'll be heading into the Berkshires with my group of scalliwags tomorrow, but later than that... we plan to do 116, 8, 57, maybe some other stuff in between.

Originally posted by bump909
    i'd definitely be interested if i wasn't stuck doing yard work all day. have fun.
    O RLY?

What a fantastic 530 miles on Saturday! I was all over NY, MA, and Southern VT. Out early enough to get the high speed running out of the way without interference from too many cages. Discovered some county road in NY that is steep and twisty for several miles and then it just dumps into a rough dirt road... Ooops! Found out that they just paved Whitcomb Hill Rd. in Florida MA. It is greasy right now but it will be fun next year. Discovered that part of the East bound lane of Rt. 2 near the 15MPH zone in Florida washed out and fell off the side of the mountain. I feel sorry for the person that discovered it! The last time I was on the windmill road in VT it was shitty beyond belief. It appears that within the last couple of years they repaved it and it is fantastic! Rt. 9 in VT was all but empty. I might have slightly exceeded the speed limit on occasion!

I even ran into ChR1s and his lady on Rt. 100 in VT enjoying the same roads and good weather.

All in all it was a fantastic day. I never even bothered to stop for food; just gas, facilities (the woods), and to say hello to ChR1s.

I'm hoping for another weekend like this before the season is over. Anyone is welcome to come but the departure time isn't negotiable!

bastid. what's your deal on sunday? gonna ride with us?

I'm soooooo fucking riding sunday. I have to work till probably 830-9am, but if you guys are gonna be heading out west, someone should call me and give me a heads up as to your route, and I could maybe intersect you.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Originally posted by bump909
    bastid. what's your deal on sunday? gonna ride with us?
    As of this moment, I'm busy this weekend but I am trying my best to get out of my Sunday commitments.

9:00a.m. is a little late to get started for a Western MA trip now that the clocks are set back an hour.

Everyone should have joined me last Saturday!

time to ride

i just heard that we are going to see snow by next weekend so lets all enjoy this weekend bc who knows when it will all come to an end as soon as i sign off i will be out on my bike ok y am i still here lol have a good weekend everyone