Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rode today

Rode today

Sort of a last minute definately not planned ahead of time. A few of us met at the last second for a ride in central and western mass.
    Met in auburn and zig zagged our way up into NH then back down, out rt 2 down to 116 and had lunch at BUB"S BBQ in sunderland ma Then meandered our way back east.

We managed to ride the out skirts of the rain all day, nevfer really got poured on, just a sprinkle here and there. Made somr of the roads just wet enough to give you that little pucker when you hit a wet tar snake.

Mark and I split off from the rest near Barre / Petersham and took back roads back past my house. We hit the "3 step" road a few times I think we both got both wheels off the ground. Pretty weird feeling jumping a street bike even if it was only 6 inches off the ground.

I got 225 miles in for the day with no slabbing it in the morning or on the way home.

thanks guys for this "last minute" spur of the moment definately not planned out day of riding. Hope everyone made it home safe.

until next time

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Rode today

POURING RAIN here. I did go to the gun range though.

Bras cause cancer.

Rode today

345 miles for me today, not bad I guess I did get completly soaked to the skin on the ride home though... and the sad thing is I had my rain gear in my backpack with me

Good ride today and a good little group
    And that's my favorite lunch stop of anything around here

Yamaha

Rode today

Nice routes sean! Thanks for the "Last minute call"
    I logged in 250 Miles with absolutely no slabbing involved! GReat day of riding with no issues! My kind of ride!

Although.....

I felt a little worried following a crash Test Dummy all day. Am I the only one?

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

Rode today

In retrospect, I can't believe the cops didn't get us (or me) today. I saw 3 speed traps on pike on the way to meet this morning. We had the undercover behind us for awhile, the 116 almost-incident, another on Rt 62, and then 2 more speed traps on the last 10 miles of RT 2 before the city. erf.

fun ride.

-sedition

"Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

Rode today

1/2 squid wrote.....
    "I felt a little worried following a crash Test Dummy all day. Am I the only one? "

Well, riding with you I have to be as safe and as visible as possible, its not you personally , its just your bad mojo that tends to bring bikes down to the ground, whats the count up to now?.

Glad to here people made it home save and un ticketed. As for getting wet, if we keep waiting for the perfect day to ride, we would never ride.

until next time.................

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Rode today

I think the R6 is a rain magnet, it seems every time I ride it it rains fucken yellow

For anyone that wants to get out again tomorrow, a few of us are riding to the VBC for lunch about 12:30-1. Not much for riding, just lunch and some bench racing

Yamaha

Rode today

Originally posted by theothersean
    1/2 squid wrote.....
    "I felt a little worried following a crash Test Dummy all day. Am I the only one? "

Well, riding with you I have to be as safe and as visible as possible, its not you personally , its just your bad mojo that tends to bring bikes down to the ground, whats the count up to now?.

Just so happens that you are one of those that got struck by my bad Mojo. Like I told you at lunch I lost count of how many crashes have happened around me on rides.

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Rode today

Originally posted by R7
    I think the R6 is a rain magnet, it seems every time I ride it it rains fucken yellow

For anyone that wants to get out again tomorrow, a few of us are riding to the VBC for lunch about 12:30-1. Not much for riding, just lunch and some bench racing
    Sounds interesting! I'll try to get up early! I like the back routes to the Beaner. I'll be sure to bring my No Limit credit card to be able to get my lunch!

www.tailofthedragon.com

Rode today

I got out for a bit today but I dont have the same fun roads around me.

James

Rode today

I rode 116 this morning at about 11, then headed up into the Berkshires, where me and 4 other guys proceeded to get poured on. Too bad we didnt stay out of the mountains, we might have seen you.

I dont know how it was down here, but up in the hills, it was fucking bitter cold, I dont care what the thermometer says.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Rode today

It was 52 when I left my house at 7:30am this morning, our average temp for the day was 57 and the highest temp i saw was when I pulled into my driveway, it was 67. It was damp today, that's why it felt so cold

Yamaha

Rode today

Either way, I just ran to the store to get a Sparks. I could hardly stay awake 30 minutes ago, now I likely wont be able to get to sleep till 2am because of this thing. Oh so delicious and sugary.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Rode today

Thanks for leading this Sean, it was a great ride. 300 miles for me today, now I just have to find that chain lube...

Eduardo

Eduardo

Rode today

Originally posted by R-S-V
    Thanks for leading this Sean, it was a great ride. 300 miles for me today, now I just have to find that chain lube...

Eduardo
    good luck finding the chain, too!

LISTEN TO SLAYER

Rode today

Originally posted by R-S-V

Eduardo
    get a dremel and cut that rusted POS off. I dont think there is such a thing as "rust be gone"

Other than that nice bike!

www.tailofthedragon.com

Rode today

I have had rust on a chain before, granted not nearly that bad. but an old tooth brush and a good soaking of wd40 got a lot of it off. Wipe off the excess, Then just spray down with chain lube and ride it.................

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Rode today

Yesterday was my first time on a bike for over 1.5 hours since last July (the get-off)...I am *so* sore today. hah. Sean, now, I'm glad it wasn't a 450+ mile ride

LISTEN TO SLAYER

Rode today

I haven't done a lot of street myself, since we go the dual sports. But a few hundred miles for May isn't a bad day of riding, especially concidering we didn't start til 9:30 or so, and the weather was looking to soak us , it wasn't real cold all day but the dampness really gets to the joints, I guess I'm getting old.

Like I said before we will have to get an earlier start on a sunday and head further west to the realy good stuff. Hopefully on a day that isn't threatening rain.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Rode today

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Sounds interesting! I'll try to get up early! I like the back routes to the Beaner. I'll be sure to bring my No Limit credit card to be able to get my lunch!
    Check the weather, I'm out I don't feel like getting soaked 2 days in a row and I just spent 2 hours cleaning a bike

Yamaha

Rode today

I think I'll take the mini out around the yard instead, if it starts raining, I can just pull in the garage. I don't feel like getting wet either.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Rode today

Went to the Mopar Show in Westfield...not on the bike , but it would have made for a good ride on the back roads...maybe next time...

Rode today

Originally posted by theothersean
    I think I'll take the mini out around the yard instead, if it starts raining, I can just pull in the garage. I don't feel like getting wet either.
    Becarefull you dont hit the house on the way back in!

Originally posted by R7
    Check the weather, I'm out I don't feel like getting soaked 2 days in a row and I just spent 2 hours cleaning a bike
    I went mountain biking instead. I am hurting right now.almost 3 hours of riding... Time to kick back and watch SAW II

www.tailofthedragon.com

Rode today

sean, thanks for taking us out for some good riding on saturday. definitely a good group to ride with, too. funny how after the group split up on the way home, we ended up riding right through my old hometown of hubbardston. hit some seriously shitty roads through there, too. some things never change.

i ended up slabbing the rest 495n->93s->95n. slabbing is no fun, but was worse this time since my bolt for my clutch lever somehow rattled it's way out. i had to keep a close grip on my lever just so it wouldn't fall out. hopefully one of the honda dealers around here has the screw i need.

eduardo - i've been thinking about RSVs non-stop now! definitely something i might have to consider at the end of the season. i like the older design as well.. the price might be better for the WAF (wife approval factor).

Rode today

Originally posted by Half Squid

I went mountain biking instead. I am hurting right now.almost 3 hours of riding... Time to kick back and watch SAW II
    mike, i plan on getting back into riding again this summer. maybe i could hit up some trails with you sometime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast