Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Route suggestions to NH

Route suggestions to NH

Hello everybody! I'm hoping this is the right section for some suggestions on routes to take to NH. basically i'm trying to go from Rockland, Ma to Loon Mountain on some good twisty roads and as little straight line highway pavement as possible. So far it seems like hitting Rt-16 N to Rt-112 will be a decent ride but getting to NH seems like it won't be much fun. Any and all useful recommendations will be appreciated. The twistier the better, I need to burn through the edges of my tires before i buy new ones.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Route suggestions to NH

I can't help with a route through MA, but I also wouldn't waste my time on 16.

This is really only a semi-twisty route. Getting real twisties requires (mostly) getting off of the numbered roads.

Starting in Haverhill, take 121N to Auburn. When you get to the stop sign in Auburn, don't follow the signs for 121, but go straight on Hooksett road. Then, pretty quickly turn right onto Old Candia Road (which turns into 43).

43 will merge with 107. When they split apart again take 107N. Stay on 107 until you get to Route 4 in Epsom. When you get to Route 4, just go straight at the stop light. I don't know its name, just stay on that road until you get into pittsfield. In "Downtown" Pittsfield you'll be on Main. Turn right on water street and just stay on that road up the hill to 28. At that stop light go straight. There's nothing particularly good about that road, but stay on it until you hit 129.

Turn right on 129 until you hit 107 and take a left onto 107N. Stay on 107 until you hit 140 in Gilmanton and follow 140W towards Belmont. Stay on 140 until you hit 3/11/132. Follow signs for 132 (it will be a right, then a left). Stay on 132 until you get to Ashland. There turn right onto 3/25 and take that until you run into 113 on the left. Follow 113 to Conway and hook up with 112 west to Loon.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

If you make it to 16 get off exit 15 (rt11). Turn left and take 11 to farmington. Then 153 to Conway. 112 to loon. Done.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Last edited by RandyO; 09-02-13 at 07:20 AM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    . Stay on 107 until you get to Route 4 in Epsom. When you get to Route 4, just go straight at the stop light. I don't know its name, just stay on that road until you get into pittsfield. In "Downtown" Pittsfield you'll be on Main. Turn right on water street and just stay on that road up the hill to 28. At that stop light go straight. There's nothing particularly good about that road, but stay on it until you hit 129.

Turn right on 129 until you hit 107 and take a left onto 107N. Stay on 107 until you hit 140 in Gilmanton and follow 140W towards Belmont. Stay on 140 until you hit 3/11/132. Follow signs for 132 (it will be a right, then a left). Stay on 132 until you get to Ashland. There turn right onto 3/25 and take that until you run into 113 on the left. Follow 113 to Conway and hook up with 112 west to Loon.
    North Road

Rt 132 is kinda rough

I recommend Winona Road as a diversion, 175 is also a nice ride

also if cutting across thru 113, divert on 113A thru Wonalancet

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    North Road

Rt 132 is kinda rough

I recommend Winona Road as a diversion, 175 is also a nice ride
    That's not right at all, 132 is in much better shape than Winona that now has about 1/2 mile of washboard. Take 132 over Winona anyday or River rd.

And they are also doing construction work on/near the tiny underpass.

Last edited by G21forme; 09-02-13 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    That's not right at all, 132 is in much better shape than Winona that now has about 1/2 mile of washboard. Take 132 over Winona anyday or River rd.

Hmmm,,,,you're not just trying to keep this as your own little gem are ya!? Was on Winona early this season and aside from the sand, which seems to be there year round, it didnt seem rough to me...!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Hmmm,,,,you're not just trying to keep this as your own little gem are ya!? Was on Winona early this season and aside from the sand, which seems to be there year round, it didnt seem rough to me...!
    Rough is subjective, compared to 132 and river rd it's rough. Since they closed the exit 24 southbound ramp I have to take 132 to 104 to get on 93s every other morning. And Winona rd on the weekends depending on were south I need to be.

Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Dave forgets that he has 17" of suspension travel.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post

I dunno, I know Winona isn't perfect, every time I take 132 I wish I didn't go that way and can't say that for Winona road

Another alternative to Rt 175 is heading over to Bristol and take West Shore Road around Newfound Lake then then Groton/North Groton Road to Halls Brook Road, 25 to 118 into Lincoln

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I also like to take Sandwich Notch Road and Tripoli Road but I wouldn't recommend that route for someone on a sportbike

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    follow 140W towards Belmont. Stay on 140 until you hit 3/11/132. Follow signs for 132 (it will be a right, then a left). Stay on 132 until you get to Ashland.
    My secret diversion and Tilton traffic avoidance route

After crossing 106 at the light then stop stop sign where 140 makes a left, go straight Church Street to Hurricane Road, Union Street, then a hard right onto Silver Lake Road, cross the bridge then a right onto River Road, At Route 3, take a right and jump right across to the center turn lane, then take left on Grange Road to Lancaster Hill Road to 132 about a mile out of Tilton

http://goo.gl/maps/Dn0Rh
    http://goo.gl/maps/KMs74

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by RandyO; 09-02-13 at 11:23 AM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO
    I also like to take Sandwich Notch Road and Tripoli Road but I wouldn't recommend that route for someone on a sportbike
    I did sandwich notch on the sv1k once. That was rough. When I got the ktm I went back. Way more fun