Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Run For The Hills Report

Run For The Hills Report

Yeah, the weather was crappy. Yeah, it was foggy. And, yeah, those who had to ride home sunday probably got soaked.

BUT! Those 12 of us who braved the Saturday morning ride went in search of sunshine! And FOUND it in the Manchester area.

Mt Snow to Stratton via a nice twisty road with sweet new pavement. Definitely foggy, but fun (perhaps more so for those of us who already know the road). Then on to manchester behind a logging truck. Coming down into manchester we saw that which we sought and suddenly it was about 150-degrees inside the raingear. Mulligans in Manchester for a killer lunch. Down into bennington. East on 9 from bennington and south into mass. A few bailed and a few went on south into mass - where we found the best weather of the day for the most twisties. I will not divulge the route numbers. A loop back into VT and it was the hotel for food and BEER.

Although the turnout was low since there are a lot of sag asses out there who are afraid to get wet, it was a good time. And good food.

Hinesy and ducatiboy - thanks for a great day - let me know when you're up this way again and we'll catch up!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

Run For The Hills Report

yup yup. that's my little bike. mine was the littlest one there!

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

Run For The Hills Report

You guys should of said Hi! Was that your bikes parked at the Summit Hotel? We set your alarm off when we were leaving Sat morning. U should've come with us.

Run For The Hills Report

Oh now I remember, u guys were in the lot at the snowlake lodge? Green jacket with b+w checkers?

Run For The Hills Report

you're damn right you should've said hello! we were there friday night (no bikes), sat breakfast (with bikes) and sat night dinner/drinking (without bikes).

there's always next year!!!!

ducatiboy - you guys have a good ride home? it was a gorgeous starry night at the hotel during the after-dinner-drinking-hours. no so nice on sunday...i think hinesy and tim got soaked

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

Run For The Hills Report

I blew out Sat night about 8pm. There was a complete fog out on top of the peaks on rte 9 ? How much rain did u get Sun? was it raining all day? Was there any craziness Sat night?

Run For The Hills Report

sat night, doug and paul i left around 10. paul was pretty tired since he'd been up since 5am and we didn't argue. when we left, the table of harley guys was ordering shots by the trayful and they were all just starting to get rowdy. apparently, chuck said that the tabledancing started right after he left...... so, i think it did get interesting!

perhaps we should be asking hinesy where tim disappeared to so early and whether he got back to the room late saturday night or early sunday! hinesy? you out there?

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

Run For The Hills Report

paging Hinesy and Tim
    what happened to Tim ?
    was it
    was it
    was it
    was it
    was it
    what was it? send confidential replies to ducatiboy00@aol.com

Run For The Hills Report

hey, i want some of those confidentials too!!!!!
    sarahdougd@yahoo.com

You didn't hear it from me, but the 99% guaranteed winner is:

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

hahahaha

Nice weekend guys.

Thanks to Sarah and Doug and Paul for leading the best part of the day. You and the Zombie missed out Greg but I certainly understood why you were leaving when you did. It got good from there (coincidence ?) , after lunch especially.

John's (DucBoy) bike is the coolest thing I've ever ridden with. It sounds amazing and the man is not afraid to put it through its paces. Let me know when you come up here man (Beantown) and we'll grab a beer.

Sarah, you get along just fine for someone with a lot less HP. Proof that attitude is everything. I'll definitely come see you guys skiing if we don't hook up to ride again...anyone in for a day trip before it gets too shitty out?

As for Tim... I'll let you find out from the man himself, but when I saw him last my impression was that he had a fun night, but if I had to wager I'd guess .

After everyone left we went up to Nate's (CDROMr) room and hung for a couple of hours. After seeing footage of NJ and NY post storm (flash flooding) I opted to saddle up and ride on in. Left at 1:30 home by 5, went the long way (91 to the Pike) for sanity and safety's sake. No problems.

I hope we get more people next year, and even more who will ride in the shit to get to the good stuff.

Good times!

Hinesy

See you on the road scag!

Run For The Hills Report

Hinesy Great to meet ya too. Lets hook up for another ride within a few weeks?
    Is Tim still in Vt?

cool

I'm def up for a ride, can meet you out at 495 or something.

Tim made it home yesterday, sounds like he hit some serious shit though. As for the i think he was disappointed it wasn't more or at least but hey...he just met the girl!

See you on the road scag!

Run For The Hills Report

maybe go riding within the next few weekends , another go at NH and VT? Let's get some others together. I'm buying a new biz property hopefully this week, the garage needs a new roof, I will roof it myself.
    Have Tim hit my e-mail with the details

Run For The Hills Report

if you boys find yourself planning to come into NH or VT, definitely post it and I'm in - as long as its one of the days I emailed to hinesey.

besides, i owe both of you guys a few beverages!

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.