Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SPEEDING TICKETS

SPEEDING TICKETS

Hey, can one of you regular ticket collectors tell me am I screwed wit two tickets aleady this season or what??

I just got my second ticket in two months always on back roads, I never get them on the highway. But back roads are my favorite....damn it.

Anyway in all my years of riding I never had such shit luck, if I get another ticket do I risk loosing license for 30 days? Some one told me the other day they have increased it to 3 tickets in a 12 month period buys you a 60 day suspnsion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    508-653-8604 h 508-395-9812 c

Corrado Building & Remodeling, Inc.
    14-A Waushakum St
    Framingham, MA 01702
    508-875-6201
    www.cbrinc.com

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

SPEEDING TICKETS

Don't know what the time period for suspension is but it's 3 tickets, written warnings or combo of the two in one calender year. So you really need to fight and win the tickets....

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

I Dance With Will

SPEEDING TICKETS

pussy cops huh? make your life miserable.

"fuckit!"

SPEEDING TICKETS

Originally posted by Rice-rocket1
    ... So you really need to fight and win the tickets....
    Or slow down...

I Dance With Will

SPEEDING TICKETS

Originally posted by VinceF2
    Or slow down...
    cant slow down so fight. :

"fuckit!"

SPEEDING TICKETS

Originally posted by VinceF2
    Or slow down...
    shut it just cuz you have a get out of jail free card...

If you get another ticket this year you will lose it for 60 days...

Then I think 5 in 3 years is 90 days....

You should have fought the first one...once they see a ticket on your record you are pretty much garunteed another ticket....

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

SPEEDING TICKETS

Get a sex change.

I got pulled over for 59 in a 35 on a back road in my home town in Southern Vermont about two weeks ago - no tix on the license. All he did was point out that my motorcycle endorsement is missing from the VT DMV's computer (fixing that right now) and give me a verbal warning.

And all I had to take off was my helmet.

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

SPEEDING TICKETS

I'll be in court on July 19 for 90 in a 55. My defense is that I was passing a long line of cars as quickly as possible(truth). I drive quickly past cars so as to avoid being forced off the road by drivers who don't bother to look before moving into the left lane. Yes, I have had several situations where a cage driver has nearly forced me off the road. So, basically, on a motorcycle, defensive driving is a must. Keeping your obstacles in front of you, where you are better able to react and avoid accident, is just good defensive riding.

I'm sure youz guyz will let me know if my defense is a good one.

SPEEDING TICKETS

Speeding to pass is not considered a valid defense. Been there, tried that sorry to say, best bet is go to magistrate for first hearing, when the find you responsible, appeal and hope the actual cop doesn't show.

Cheers,
    Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

SPEEDING TICKETS

I think that I will actually go before the judge on July 19. From what I understand, the cop could have taken my license and impounded the bike, but I was not belligerint with him. I guess all I can hope for is a judge who is sympathetic to motorcyclists. Yeah, RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!
    As long as he doesn't suspend my license and the fine is not too outrageous, I guess I'll have to take my lumps.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

SPEEDING TICKETS

Originally posted by lrrs167
    I'll be in court on July 19 for 90 in a 55. My defense is that I was passing a long line of cars as quickly as possible(truth). I drive quickly past cars so as to avoid being forced off the road by drivers who don't bother to look before moving into the left lane. Yes, I have had several situations where a cage driver has nearly forced me off the road. So, basically, on a motorcycle, defensive driving is a must. Keeping your obstacles in front of you, where you are better able to react and avoid accident, is just good defensive riding.

I'm sure youz guyz will let me know if my defense is a good one.
    99% sure NH law only allows you to pass a maximum of two cars at a time to avoid the chance of the second car pulling out to pass the third car while you are passing all three (or the 15th passing the 16th while you are passing all 48 cars etc.). Kinda sounds like the law is already in place to prevent you from getting hurt form the one thing you plan to use as an excuse. Ouch.

SPEEDING TICKETS

He got a must appear in court ticket. The Officer will be there and good luck fighting those.

SPEEDING TICKETS

When I went to court to fight my last ticket, the prosecutor took me aside and explained that unless I plead guilty, he would push for a 30 day suspension as his "punishment" to me for fighting all my tickets in court. Pretty sure it was a bluff but he was pretty friendly with the judge, won all his cases up to that point that day and I wasn't going to risk loosing my license for a $72 fine, so I plead guilty. Maybe they're on to the "fight every ticket" philosophy. Prosecutor's name is: "Robert Ducharme Esquire" and he has a practice in Stratham but apparently does work for the town of Rye NH, in case anyone cares.

SPEEDING TICKETS

Originally posted by rjh200
    He got a must appear in court ticket. The Officer will be there and good luck fighting those.
    He should probably plead guilty and ask for leniency because he thought he was doing the right thing and won't ever do it again etc. blah blah blah... Judges can be pretty cool.

SPEEDING TICKETS

Yes, I got a "must appear". I guess the cop will probably show up because it appeared as if I was caught in a sting. During the time that it took the officer to write me up, the other two cops involved had pulled over four additional vehicles. As far as accuracy, I don't think I have any hope in fighting that way...LASER.

I agree with MS. I don't mind paying the fine, but I will have a real problem if my insurance bill, next year, is doubled(or more).

SPEEDING TICKETS

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    OMG, what a PRICK.

that's why I posted his name here

SPEEDING TICKETS

Mystery Squid is right about Mass. In mass you have two chances, one before magistrate and one before a judge. In NH, however, you only get one chance and its before a judge. In Mass you can easily push your ticket away at least a year by going to magistrate and losing and then getting a court date a year after your ticket. In NH however they are not as backed up as Mass and you usually get a court date within 2 months where you meet with a judge. No second chances!

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

SPEEDING TICKETS

I mananged to talk to the officer before court and agreed upon what punishment should be prior to going in front of the judge. That might work.

SPEEDING TICKETS

Originally posted by rjh200
    I mananged to talk to the officer before court and agreed upon what punishment should be prior to going in front of the judge. That might work.
    Might work wirth town cops but I bet the State Police will have none of that. Those guys exist almost solely for speeding tickets. It's not like town cops who break up domestic disturbances, talk people out of suicide, deal with freaked out (and otherwise "good") kids who happened to get caught shoplifting at Walmart and so on. Worth a shot though.

Suggest that you will volunteer to attend a safe driver course and agree to plead guilty to a non-moving violation or something. Also, just because the cop does not agree to plea bargaining doesn't mean it won't work with a judge. If you seem truly sorry for what you did and show that you've "learned your lesson" the judge may be pretty nice about the whole thing. I've never tried that and have won most of my tickets with luck and brains but I've seen it done sucessfully quite a bit. Helps to be young or have a perfect recod.

SPEEDING TICKETS

Hey state police do other stuff besides pull people over!

They sit in parking lots and talk too!

Or they stand on the sidewalk at hamtop and herass kids!

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

SPEEDING TICKETS

My case was with a State Trooper for getting pulled over doing 95 ina 55 in what they claimed was a snow storm, but the roads were dry and it was a sqwual. It ended up costing me 360 dollars but I got to keep my license and the way they wrote it up did not go against my insurance.

SPEEDING TICKETS

Originally posted by HBerry
    Hey state police do other stuff besides pull people over!

They sit in parking lots and talk too!

Or they stand on the sidewalk at hamtop and herass kids!
    I think some tutor in spelling too...

SPEEDING TICKETS

Listen jackass...just because I don't proof read doesnt mean I can't spell. (Translated: Im too lazy to think how to spell words and once I type them Im too lazy to hit backspace to correct them)

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

SPEEDING TICKETS

It was just too easy. Can't let those go. No offense.

SPEEDING TICKETS

Wow I said hamtop huh? I am a big fucking idiot, I thought I only spelt one word wrong. That was supposed to be hampton

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast