Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Memorial Day Weekend Rides.............

All in all it was a Great weekend riding. Saturday a couple of us got together and rode the central VT area but not before stopping in ta see Mikey at Home Depot in Keene. Leebo broke off at the intersection of RT100 and 30 and Nathan and I pushed further north on RT100. We headed down in to NH on some pretty nice roads back into Ma. to end what I would call a perfect day of riding.

On Sunday Nathan and I hooked up with Mike and Lee at Home Depot in Keene NH and headed toward VT. The weather looked bleak as we turned our sights west on RT9. By the time we were a stones through from RT91 on NH9 Lee decided to head back. He was on call with his job and the potential of riding in the rain got the best of him I think. Lee ya shoulda hung in there. A half hour up 91 the weather got a lot better.

Anyways, the plan was to slab it up VT91 to get into a different part of VT and that’s what we did. After stopping in White River Junction for a great breakie we headed north on a rather noice road. We had spits of rain and a lot of dry road. We stopped in Barre VT ta fuel up and take a break and the idea of staying over night became a reality for Nathan and I. Mike had obligations home and had to head back. If you are ever in Barre VT, be on your best behavior. The po-po are abundant.

We were outside when the policemen cam out and I made the comment, "Well, the food had to be good or it was free. Which one was it?" For some reason I don't think the comment went over to big.

Mike parted off and Nathan and I pushed north toward the North Kingdom of VT but not before we made reservations for the night. Seems as though there are a lot of cows up this way in VT (and we ain't talking bout your GF).

We were shrouded by threatening skies as well as blue sky. The landscape above was as interesting as the roads were riding.

After going as far Newport VT (6 miles from the Canadian boarder), we headed back south to Waterbury VT where we had made reservations.

Today was certainly a bit moister than Sunday but still was a day to remember traveling on roads I have never been on before.

Adventures and scenes like this is what riding is all about.

Wayne-o

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

3 children died late this past week in Barre. That may be why the po was so abundant. I ride through there whenever I head to NH or ME and I always see at least 1 in the center butnever 4. Prolly cause of the three kids (I think ages 8-11). Died in the river.

Bras cause cancer.

hope you guys had fun. that trip down 89/91 sucked. i think the vt cops were trying to make a years revenue i one weekend. they had a road block complete with drug dog on 91 south. i don't think they liked my exhoust when i took off. i even short shifted i wish i could have stayed on the ride longer. 14 was fun when it wasn't raining or i didn't have some punk in a civic on my ass in traffic.

btw vt has a lot of cows. mmmoooo