Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

SeaCoast Season Ender!!!

SeaCoast Season Ender!!!

The last Seacoast Ride of the season was a terrific success! Twelve seasoned riders headed out in slightly misty weather that turned into one of those rare fall days with perfect temperatures, blue sky made more blue by contrasting cumulus clouds, a near perfect combination of secondary twisties and sweeping rural highways, a lovely lunch in an ideal little New Hampshire town, and great company and conversation!

Cheese was a perfect sweeper as usual. Until his Chatterbox went AWOL just before lunch! Kenn picked up after lunch and was perfect too. Until his Triumph went AWOL! (Nice job from the rest of the group realizing our sweep wasn't with us and going back!)

Thanks all for joining this ride and everyone else who rode with us this season. It's worth noting that there were no off's or performance awards this year! I attribute that to the folks that participated and a one very understanding LEO early in the season!!!

A few pics from Saturday!

Gathering to leave...

Shirt of the Day...

One of 14 covered bridges...

Mandatory Group Picture...

New location for Trebuchet Testing. (They were starting to reach houses tucked back in the woods at the previous location!) Hoping to win the Pumpkin Chunkin contest in Delaware later this season!

They were repairing the tip of the arm when we arrived late Saturday afternoon. The carbon fiber tip they'd been using broke during a test.

The 'tip' goes on the end of the 'arm'...

The Trebuchet itself wasn't set up while there were doing the repairs! The Discovery Channel is supposed to be filming there today (Monday!) if the finished putting it back together!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

SeaCoast Season Ender!!!

A happy ending

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you ain't first......you're last!

Re: SeaCoast Season Ender!!!

Thanks again Dave for another great ride... all of them this year have been fantastic! Thanks also to your team of sweepers: Cheese, Gadget, Kenn, and one or two others that may have also helped out.
    Let's not forget the scooter-riding boy who obliged to take our group photo!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Super-Dooper User ɹǝʍoןandɹǝʍoן's Avatar

It was fun for the short time I tagged along. My friend on his older gs1000 had some charging system issues on 293 that prevented us from continuing past Bedford. I had to break away because I forgot my wallet, and he was spotting me. But the ride up there was fun, htting all the roads that would wind, mixed with wet leaves and pine needles, oh joy.

current: 06 zx6r, 03 450exc
    sold: 01 gsxr750, 01 RC51, 96 cr500, 98 superhawk, 00 sv650, 78 cb750, 98 dr350, 74 cb125

Nice pics and write up. The bacon t-shirt = winning.

Thanks again Dave !

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post

Mandatory Group Picture...

That kid on his bike was able to keep up?!?!?! I know ride at your own pace, but c'mon....

Looks like you guys had a great time. Didn't realize the covered bridges ride was that day, was out and would have really like to meet up with you.