Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Seacoast Sport Cycle Summer Season Rides...

Re: Seacoast Sport Cycle Summer Season Rides...

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    sure, the road up South Mountain Park, yes, there are twisties, with a lot of desert in between, relatively. I would tend toward the dirt side of the sport
    Offroad is really where it’s at out here, you’re definitely right about that.
    South Mountain road? Fuck that. Dipshit central up there. Up through the mountains to prescott/jerome has some nice spots, but long stretches of boring in between. Sedona to Flag up over the mountain is great, but heavy traffic. It all takes hours to get to from the valley.

I’m content to rip those roads in the wife’s BMW and make her carsick on day trips. Not worth it to take a bike.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Offroad is really where it’s at out here, you’re definitely right about that.
    South Mountain road? Fuck that. Dipshit central up there. Up through the mountains to prescott/jerome has some nice spots, but long stretches of boring in between. Sedona to Flag up over the mountain is great, but heavy traffic. It all takes hours to get to from the valley.

I’m content to rip those roads in the wife’s BMW and make her carsick on day trips. Not worth it to take a bike.
    My mom & dad stayed winters in a gated retirement park in Surprise. He took me up South Mountain, very early in day, wasn't bad going up, quickly changed to dipshit central. I recall nice sweepers between Wickenburg & Yarnell, when we came back from spending a few days at the Canyon, we came down Oak Creek Canyon into Sedonia, didn't see much on our way down to Nogales except a huge airplane boneyard, and a lot of off road country, we didn't spend too much time exploring to the east, roads were twistier, and I said to myself, "I gotta get back here on my bike"

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    My mom & dad stayed winters in a gated retirement park in Surprise. He took me up South Mountain, very early in day, wasn't bad going up, quickly changed to dipshit central. I recall nice sweepers between Wickenburg & Yarnell, when we came back from spending a few days at the Canyon, we came down Oak Creek Canyon into Sedonia, didn't see much on our way down to Nogales except a huge airplane boneyard, and a lot of off road country, we didn't spend too much time exploring to the east, roads were twistier, and I said to myself, "I gotta get back here on my bike"
    I live just south of Surprise. I have yet to explore the east side of the state. AZ is the 7th largest state, I have a lot to explore and no time these days to do it…

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    I live just south of Surprise. I have yet to explore the east side of the state. AZ is the 7th largest state, I have a lot to explore and no time these days to do it…
    I have the time, just need the effort and motivation... Let me know when the time is right.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12