Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sothern NH/VT Ride sun 7-14

Hey all,
    Had a great ride today, it was great to see everyone. Sorry you couldn't make it Randy. We hit some great roads and I only saw 2 leo's all day. Only thing that could have made it any better, would have been no traffic. See ya all next time.
    Steve

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '04 600RR

Stonner, i need to second the complement man, here i thought you were just a poser, every time i see ya you just start that thing a lot and rev it.

but then you did an excellent job leading this weekend, keeping a great pace, even thoguh it was probably relaxed for you,,.... you got some incredible patience man. i hope i can have tha much self control one day. it was sweet cause i got a chance to get comfy with the group and tehn really let loose and tear it up a bit. as teh day went on the pace picked up quite a bit, and it was perfect all along, i got some great exposure to some sweet S's and shit and had a ball doing it.

Thanks guys!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Patience is a MUST when leading a group ride! But it was really no big deal for me. Most of the rides I do, I lead groups on. It's a rare occasion that I actually get to FOLLOW a group, but it does happen once in a while...

It was a pleasure leading ya'll around. I didn't wanna pick it up too much, 'cuz summa ya I have never ridden with and summa ya I've only had limited riding experiences with. Either way, that's just the way one is SUPPOSED to lead a group any way...

I had a great time while with ya'll, and the conversation at lunch was amusing to say the least. I ended up trying to not use a map when we split up, 'cuz that's usually a great way to find new routes. I ended up no where near where I wanted to end up, but I found a coupla sweet local roads around the Sunnapee area that I'll make sure I remember...

Sometime soon, I wanna lead a BIG (possibly two-up) ride around the areas where we were. Stop at the same place for grub and what not's...

So, thanks for the kind words. I had a blast!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Unhappy fuck i wish i was closer .

i lead a newbee ride this weekend damm it was slow but fun .i'm sure it was fast for the kid tho

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

TY 4 Suggestions

Stoneman,
    Sorry I didn't call you sooner on Sunday, and had already had a plan to go NORTH

We had a blast riding up to the Yankee Smokehouse and beyond.

We were on 2 of NH's most famous scenic roads but the most fun of the day was your suggestion of the route xxx and xxx-A.

MAN thanks for THAT tip... sweeeeeeet twisties on xxx-A, just wish the pave was fresh on that one... frost heaves, (even though the werent TOO TOO bad) suck.

All in all 550 miles for the weekend, and the FZR's tires are now happily scrubbed to the edges .

Catch youze guyz on another ride!

Glad you took my advice, Jon! I thought route xxx had some freshie pavement, maybe I was mistaken. None the less, I planned on catching you guys later in the day. But after I split from the group I was with, I decided to venture without the aid of a map and ended up getting a bit misplaced in western NH. But I DID manage to find a coupla really nice twisty roads that were definitely less travelled...

None the less, when you're up in my general area, I expect a call from you a bit sooner. Ya kak!!!

I will def. call you earlier next time bro.

xxx DID have some fresh pave, but xxx-A was the frostheavy one... still totally the bomb. Couldnt ask for better curves.. NO DECREASING RADIUS's nice hilly twists. I was PUMPED.

We ended up not getting back to the big lake until 9pm anyway.. and we just shacked up for the night in Laconia and rode home in the AM.

Next time i'll call you a few days ahead.. ok guy?

-J

I second Jon's thanks for the tip!

XXX-A was 'THE BOMB'! I am new to riding those types of roads (my previous riding experience before injuries involved triple digit speeds and wheelies down very straight highways), and all of us agreed that after riding 302 through the notches and the Kang, that XXX-A was the best part of the days ride! Thanks for the tip

Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

No problem guys! Route 302 and the Kanc are great roads if you're into just puttering through and taking in some sites. But as for pure sportbike-type riding, I try to avoid 'em. But if you're lookin' to toss a pillion on and go for the scenic, subdued runs, they're definitely worth it. In fact, Cheryl & I are planning on doing a scenic sorta two-up run soon. Stay tuned...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12