Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

STN meet and greet ride 4/26/08

Riding slow bikes slower. Wanderer's Avatar

Re: STN meet and greet ride 4/26/08

Quote Originally Posted by Beez View Post
    Fun ride. But I thought the pace of the medium speed group was a bit slow, I should have gone with theothersean's group. I can't believe how many V-Stroms there were. The flat black one looked straight out ot The Road Warrior. Here's some pics.
    Arg, I bailed on this thinking paces would be too high for my comfort zone - never like feeling 'pushed' in a group. Next time, will have another yellow GS to match yours

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beez View Post
    Fun ride. But I thought the pace of the medium speed group was a bit slow...
    Our group was a bit slow also (well for us anyway), my husband said he dozed off a few times, kinda like being on "cruise control" and our friend who was riding with his GF felt the same way. On a warmer day I would have appreciated more speed, but on that ride it was so chilly that going slower was a good thing. Thanks to one of the fellow riders, I kept much warmer after he landed me his rain pants..what a nice gentleman. It was a very nice ride tho, I'm so glad I went.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

I rode in the fast group (+25) with Sean. We were lucky in that we only had a total of 5 bikes with us. We had a great ride out there. Good thing Sean had a radar detector at one point, otherwise we would have had a nice state issued prize. We rode 202, Leverett Rd, 116, 112, 23 and a whole bunch of other great backroads in the Pioneer Valley.

Special thanks to Sean, Lea, L.T. and the guy on the ZX-6 (sorry terrible with names) for the spirited ride through the Pioneer Valley.

Here are some of my pics from the Orange, MA meet and the Great Barrington location.

2003 Silver VFR800, Stock (for now), OEM hard bags.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatPat33 View Post
    I rode in the fast group (+25) with Sean. We were lucky in that we only had a total of 5 bikes with us. We had a great ride out there. Good thing Sean had a radar detector at one point, otherwise we would have had a nice state issued prize. We rode 202, Leverett Rd, 116, 112, 23 and a whole bunch of other great backroads in the Pioneer Valley.

Special thanks to Sean, Lea, L.T. and the guy on the ZX-6 (sorry terrible with names) for the spirited ride through the Pioneer Valley.
    That's okay Pat. I'm bad with names too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234