Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Taking a ride from Northeast Florida to New England and back to Northeast Florida

Taking a ride from Northeast Florida to New England and back to Northeast Florida

This summer, I plan on riding from Jacksonville, Florida to New England and back to Jacksonville. It is my goal to ride in all of the New England States. I have ten days to get there and back. I don't plan on staying in any location for a long period of time.

Does anybdy have any suggested route paths for all or any sections of the ride? And yes, I am ridiing the bike and not trailering the bike. Thanks for the help.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.337 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Sweet! I think you're going to have some tour guides from here for sure!!

Ill offer my place in taunton and help with any naintenance needed. I have a tire machine, all the stands and tools you'll need for most stuff.

Last edited by Degsy; 03-12-10 at 10:50 PM.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.337 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Are you looking to see sights or just great roads? Whatkind of bike do you have?

Littering and........

Re: Taking a ride from Northeast Florida to New England and back to Northeast Florida

Plan some time for northern VT and NH - great, scenic roads.

Re: Taking a ride from Northeast Florida to New England and back to Northeast Florida

In ten days?

Let us know when you get to South Eastern MA .
    NH and VT are totally worth a ride

Live to Ride and Ride to Live

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger157 View Post
    Even if it was t-shirts and jeans, I'd wear ATGATT, you're wearing leather pants,jacket, boots and gloves!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

Hit the kank in NH

This is a pretty good book for New England moto road trips-

Motorcycle Journeys Through New England

and here's list of good New England day trips from another local riding group

New England Riders

NER is a more touring oriented group, a lot more sport-touring, touring (Wing), and cruiser riders, and definitely a ride-to-eat crowd.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

I appreciate the information so far. I am riding a dyna superglide. I know its not a sportbike but its what I got. Rode to the Dragon this past fall and it was a great trip there and back.

With only ten days I would suggest the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. Unless you like Interstates.