Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

It's that time again

Talking It's that time again

I know it's short notice and I usually post this a few weeks in advance but I forgot to this year and have been busy

Thursday night 8/17/06 some friends and I will be riding in the Rhody Rovers motorcycle rodeo at the Washington County fair in Richmond, RI.
    I take care of organizing the quad riderz every year so if you go, be sure to cheer us on so they invite us back again next year for the 5th year
    Basically we make a small MX track in the truck pulling ring, few jumps, some burms, couple areas to roost some dirt on the crowd (the kids go crazy when roost hits them), it's usually a pretty good time. I've got 6 riders showing up on 4 wheels and who knows how many dirtbikes will be there.
    The show starts at 7pm and will usually run until 11pm or so, the fair will be on all day.
    I'll be on the Yellow YFZ 450 with blue Yamaha riding gear if you want to say hello... and maybe get a autograph

Exit 3 off I-95 in RI
    East on 138 for about 1.5 miles
    Bear right onto 112 and follow the signs for the fair entrance.

There's also a big fire works display at 9:15

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Re: It's that time again

It's coming up again. This will be a first for me as a member of Rhody Rovers. They let quads in eh? Maybe I'll get my buddy in on this too.

when are you doing a ride to the Vanilla Bean ?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by B440 View Post
    It's coming up again. This will be a first for me as a member of Rhody Rovers. They let quads in eh? Maybe I'll get my buddy in on this too.
    The Washington county fair wanted the quads there, and paid us to show up. I think we did this for 3-4 years in a row before the Rhody club decided they didn't want to be associated with quads and pulled the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Faceplant View Post
    Once I have a bike I can trust to ride more than 30 miles from my house

Yamaha

Hmm, no quads. Makes sense; RR wants to promote their sport. Quads have no place in legal RI riding areas.

Vanilla Bean? I ride past it every day going to work. Got some great twisty roads out there

Quads have no place in legal RI riding areas.
    Do you really want to open that can of worms??
    There's a reason there is no legal riding in RI ( I don't think 2 events per year, by state permit only, should be considered legal riding in RI), it's because know one wants to work together. Everyone supports their own sport, and wants nothing to do with others! Keep going in the same direction, who knows, it may even get harder and harder to get those 2 permits a year.

RIOHVA was a perfect example, it got strong quick, there was progress working with the state with such high member volumes...then it fell apart because the groups separated again and they no longer had those big numbers. I remember Stepping Stone Ranch like it was yesterday, huge turn outs, big donations to land owners the first 2 years, everything went great. 3rd year, no 4x4 truck guys? Some bogus insurance reason if I remember correctly, but still a quad and bike event. Following year, it all ended with a bike exclusive event...now there is nothing. Great Job!

I got tired of waiting for clubs/groups to realize this and bought my own land, cut 5 miles of trails on it, wheel my bike out of my basement and ride whenever I want and however I want. That is the only way to ride in RI legally

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    ...That is the only way to ride in RI legally
    Or if you live near Pulaski/GW Management. No quads allowed there. Only registered bikes or trucks.

Ya I still have a RIOHVA T-shirt from one event when I helped cut the trails at Stepping Stone. It doesn't work. I wouldn't want quads or trucks on bike trails, and I'm sure they feel the same.

Or if you live near Pulaski/GW Management. No quads allowed there. Only registered bikes or trucks.
    Having a plated bike and riding around on fire roads is not my idea of dirtbike riding, which is what's allowed at GW area...along with sections of Arcadia. If you're going off those roads, you are illegal...may be tolerated, but still not legal

It doesn't work. I wouldn't want quads or trucks on bike trails, and I'm sure they feel the same.
    Thanks for confirming my post above

What you should have said was, it works, but I am to ignorant to share.

It works in NH, it works in Western Ma, hell, it even works at Hatfield & McCoy in WV, and with the exception of Hatfield & McCoy, Big River management area alone is comparable in size (8,319 acres) to many multi use parks.
    To say it doesn't work, is wrong! To believe it doesn't work, is ignorant!

Yamaha

It's not all rainbows and unicorns up here. We are certainly much farther along than RI but trail bikes are still discriminated against up here. Many riding areas, especially up North, only allow ATVs and don't allow trail bikes on their land. The new Ride the Wilds 1000+ miles of interconnected trails in Coos county doesn't allow trail bikes on any of the private land sections although I'm not sure how much fun you can have up there considering the speed limit is only 10mph for OHRVs.

All of our riding areas pale in comparison to the snowmobile trail network though.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

I believe.... I'll stick with; It doesn't work.

You don't call riding around on fire roads "riding", and that's what Big River would be if we had to share with quads/trucks. I'm telling you upfront it doesn't work. You believe it does, and I think you'd be the first one complaining how boring the trails would be. Take your backyard trail and widen it 6ft, then tell how much fun it was on the bike.

Exit 3 off I-95 in RI
    East on 138 for about 1.5 miles
    Bear right onto 112 and follow the signs for the fair entrance.

There's also a big fire works display at 9:15

Hmmmm... this is totally realistic riding distance for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Faceplant View Post
    Mark, let me know if you do this soon.

Once I have a bike I can trust to ride more than 30 miles from my house
    So disappointing.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post

All of our riding areas pale in comparison to the snowmobile trail network though.
    thats because there is little to no environmental impact.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I believe.... I'll stick with; It doesn't work.

You don't call riding around on fire roads "riding", and that's what Big River would be if we had to share with quads/trucks. I'm telling you upfront it doesn't work. You believe it does, and I think you'd be the first one complaining how boring the trails would be. Take your backyard trail and widen it 6ft, then tell how much fun it was on the bike.
    You've once again, missed the point...or are clueless how a multi use trail system works. Yes, your opinion is, it doesn't work, the facts speak for themselves that it does. Prove me wrong if you can. Clough ORV area in NH...are all trails 6' wide?

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Hmmmm... this is totally realistic riding distance for me...

Mark, let me know if you do this soon.

So disappointing.
    Noel, just so you know, this is a 7 year old thread

Like I said, once I get my bike back, or a new one, I'll post up some rides. Until then, see ya at the track in 2 weeks.

Yup, it is disappointing for sure!

Yamaha