Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Twisted Throttle Open House & 10th Anniversary Party on Saturday, May 19th

Re: Twisted Throttle Open House & 10th Anniversary Party on Saturday, May 19th

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Where are you coming from in Central MA?

I might be game to tag along....
    I'm south of you in Spencer, and live very close to the junction of Route 9 and Route 31. Perhaps you could come down and meet me somewhere around here so I don't have to go north and back track?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

I wouldn't expect you to head north only to go south. Maybe I'll bounce down the slab and meet you/.5Skwid/R7 somewhere closer to the nice roads. Depends on if my Dad is tagging along on his FJR.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER!!!

Registration gets you lunch, a discount on purchases, and a chance for Raffle prizes

Clay, Feel free to meet me at my house, or the McDonalds on 146A, or the location Mahhhhhhhhk mentioned. I am about 5 minutes off exit 7 of rt 146. You would be going this way anyways to get to 146A.

146A/McDonalds location meet should probably be about 11, depart no later than 11:15? But I will check google maps to get a time estimate from point to point to be sure about time frame needed.

Last edited by Half Squid; 05-17-12 at 09:55 AM.
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Clayton,

I'm about 30 to 40 minutes from that McD's at 146/146A, so if you want a little semi-backroads ride over to there to meet Mike I can get you there. If this is good for you, plan on getting down to the Cumberland Farms store at the junction of Route 9 and Route 31 south in the center of Spencer MA around 10:15.

If you want a faster ride I'm about 20-25 minutes from there via mostly slab.

Ken, & Clay I can show you a few back roads from my house to Mc Yucks and then the venture over to meet Mark. If you want to go that route I can give you the address or directions via PM.

Or we'll meet up at one of the other locations.

Let me know what your plan is.

I'll be leaving my house at 10:30. The Mcyucks slabbin it is 15 minutes tops, back roads only 20-25. Nothing spectacular. Still beats the slab though.

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

I'll let you guys know. Still waiting to hear back from my Dad. He has a wake to go to in the morning.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

So what's the plan? If you leave 146A around 11:15, that'll put you at 116/12 at around 11:50-12? Puts as at the event around 12:45ish-1 To late, early, good time?

Quote Originally Posted by Half Squid View Post
    DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER!!!

Registration gets you lunch, a discount on purchases, and a chance for Raffle prizes

Clay, Feel free to meet me at my house, or the McDonalds on 146A, or the location Mahhhhhhhhk mentioned. I am about 5 minutes off exit 7 of rt 146. You would be going this way anyways to get to 146A.

146A/McDonalds location meet should probably be about 11, depart no later than 11:15? But I will check google maps to get a time estimate from point to point to be sure about time frame needed.

Yamaha

I'm good with that time. My Dad will be tagging along.

Tired. Just got home. Left the house at 9:00. ~400 miles on the Wee today, even hit the Kanc at the very end.

Not sure if I'll be taking the Wee, the Rex or the Vmax. My ass will tell me that tomorrow morning.

McDonalds on 146A, is that the one right off the 146 Blackstone exit?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

146A is an exit off 146, about the last one before you hit RI.

If you & your dad want to stay off the main roads I've got some decent semi-twisty backroads to get us from my town down to there with just a couple of miles of the 146 slab. It would take about 1:20 to do that. If you're pressed for time, the heavily-traveled roads are perhaps 10 to 15 minutes shorter. Your choice.

Let me know if you want to meet up, you'd have to plan on meeting at that Cumbie's in Spencer (9 & 31) by 9:15 - 9:30.

If any East Bayers want to head down there, I'll be meeting up with a few riders at the Crossroads Convenience on the corner of Fall River Ave. and Cole Street in Seekonk at 10 am. We plan on catching the 11am stunt show.

We should definately leave at 11- 11:15. See you between 11:50 & 12 Mark.

I'll be at the 146A McDonalds for 10:45 ish ready either way.

www.tailofthedragon.com

Well, it's 8:17 and I have no word from Clayton. I will go to the meeting spot I suggested at 9:15 and wait for up to 20 minutes. After that, I'm taking off to meet you at that McD's.

Im in for a small group ride if no one minds? im just over in douglas.

We aren't going to make it to Sterling. Shooting for McDonalds.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Lifer

A huge success as far as I could tell. Rode down in the cage after morning graduate commencement to put the Givi luggage set up together for my VFR. Great people, excellent service.

Huge kudos to Paul from Givi and Matt at TT for making sure I got all the right bits at a great price.

Well worth the drive, I think this is going to become a destination location for me this summer.

Great day. Thanks to Mike (HalfSquid) for taking us down to meet up with Mark (R7) and Todd and one guy on a Hayabusa who I didn't get to meet. Nice meeting you Clayton (TheIglu) and your dad Gary, as well as Tom (bstnboy).

I also met up with Adam (01xj) and a friend of his, sorry I didn't recognize you right away. Just before I decided to leave I also met up with an old friend from SRNE, Ralph Angelo for Lon Giland. Great guy.

Thanks guys, I had a great time there and on the ride down.

They could not have had a better day for this. Perfect temps for riding and browsing their new digs. Burgers and fries hit the spot, nice assortment of vendors and a lovely pair of scantily clad chicas. The stunt show was nuts, Teach knows his shit...........

Lifer

So very cool.

All around great day! Great to see old friends, new friends and get some good roads in before an excellent event! Met the Owner of Twisted Throttle, nice guy. Jaynus introduced me and told me how he got to where he is now and doing great in business! Not bad from starting with just a online group buy and turning into a huge success in a matter of a 10 year time frame! That facility is excellent, and the availability of specialty products, WOW!

Going down there I did not expect to seee a HUGE shop, nor did I expect to see that many people, bikes and vendors!! Even saw Steve and Heather from Lowell bike night and talked with them a bit!

Great turn out, great day!

Good luck Jane with your new career move, and good luck Eric with your new location and thriving business. I will certainly be doing more business with them!

www.tailofthedragon.com

To say they were busy is an understatement. Got there just before 11am and the place was stuffed with bikes already. The showroom was crazy crowded all day. Got to harass Brian and Keven which was cool, didn't recognize any other NESRians though. We had to leave at 1pm due to other commitments, would have liked to had some time to poke at the RAM mount stuff more. I think my WR and CBR both will be getting cellphone mounts in the near future.

Great to see everyone today and ride there. Wow, talk about a huge turnout, I was not expecting that large of a crowd! I went to their open house last spring and it was knowwhere near as packed..I think Jane said there was over 1,000!
    Good company, good food, good vendors and the stunt show was cool to watch

Yamaha

The size of the place and the size of the crowd was quite a surprise to me, too. Strange that as we turned onto that road thy are on, I knew where I was. I have a good friend and coworker who lives just a couple of miles (literally about 2) south of them and I've been in that area many times to visit him. I know some VERY cool routes down there from northeast CT which I found using the GPS in my car to get to his home on Hoxsie Rd. in Richmond.

My only disappointment was the in the core raison d'etre for them being there: Selling stuff. I went into the store 3 times to try and find the right SW-Motech and/or RAM bits to put my GPS on my new bike, but everyone was so busy I couldn't get help and couldn't find it. At that point I decided I'd better just leave. I didn't know Jaynus worked there, but may have spoken to her without knowing because we've never met.

I did see a female TT employee outside in the back of the building as I was walking to my bike and asked that person if Ken Condon was there. No dice, his daughter was having college commencement today. Go Jeanine! Congrats! Great kid, lovely intelligent and driven young woman.

The staff there is great. I envy that they get all the farkles for their bikes for free or big discount. I just don't know if I'd be keen to paint a new bike in black with yellow in exchange. I'm sure they'll continue to improve, and they have the right attitude. They remind me of how the company staff and culture at Bavarian Autosport in Portsmouth NH is, so much so I have to wonder if the TT owners looked at BavAuto as a model of sorts. Go to the October "Show & Shine" at their place and it's similar in many ways, different in ways they have to be for cars vs. bikes.

Fun day guys. I could not get over how many people were there and the size of the place. I was expecting like maybe 50 people, not 1000+!

I was really surprised at the turn out. There was a great mix of riders and bikes. Nice to chat with ya Ken. You were the only guy I knew so I had to find you!

Here's an album from today if anyone is interested. http://photobucket.com/ttopenhouse

I mostly just got the triumph's, duc's and old school bikes.

Great event,nice ride and I got to put a few faces to some of the people here @ nesr. It was a great day all around. thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast