Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UMASS Ride, this Sunday July 8th

I had been working alot of Sunday's lately and helped let this ride die off. So this Sunday lets bring it back!

Where: UMASS Amherst. Southwest Circle off of University Dr. Behind the Basketball Courts.

When: Sunday, 12 noon.

Pace: Medium Fast - Fast

Not sure where we are going yet, but 116 is a must! Yes we'll stop for smoke breaks and to eat from time to time.

Who's coming??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2004 GSXR 600

It only hurt a little. Headstrong's Avatar

count on headstrong
    hammadown
    newtreads

Forgive me LORD for I have sinned, I hit a fourth gear jump with fifth gear pinned.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Headstrong View Post
    count on headstrong
    hammadown
    newtreads
    You got your bike up and running buddy?? That's awsome!! Did you get new gear already??

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

What chicken strip??????? NEWTREADS's Avatar

So 116 to 112 south to 20 west to 8 south to 57 east????? all have real fun sections especially 57 right jerry. just kiddin 57 has way too many tar snakes and Jerry tossin uneven pavement. 2 west to new york is cool too but the damn traffic. I just beg you guys.... NO VERMONT

Quote Originally Posted by NEWTREADS View Post
    So 116 to 112 south to 20 west to 8 south to 57 east????? all have real fun sections especially 57 right jerry. just kiddin 57 has way too many tar snakes and Jerry tossin uneven pavement. 2 west to new york is cool too but the damn traffic. I just beg you guys.... NO VERMONT
    Shit did you lose it on 57 Jerry? We rode that section in the beginning of the year and it was bea to hell. Tar Snakes, pot holes, rocks, sand run off that took up an entire lane. It was actually good last year, not sure what happened.

I hit 20 to 112 to 116 to 5 a few days ago and all the roads were good.

2004 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by FastJohnny View Post
    Shit did you lose it on 57 Jerry?
    He actually crashed somewhere between Feeding Hills and Southwick on Rte 57, near my house, not anywhere near the section of Rte 57 you're talking about. I love riding that part, it's awsome, the twisties and the view are very nice. They cleaned the road btw.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    You got your bike up and running buddy?? That's awsome!! Did you get new gear already??
    Yep the bike is back and I have to use my hold gear and my Wifes lid but i'm good to ride

Forgive me LORD for I have sinned, I hit a fourth gear jump with fifth gear pinned.

Why no vermont? There are some siiick roads up there.

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

Quote Originally Posted by hammadown View Post
    Why no vermont? There are some siiick roads up there.
    COPS!!!!!!!!! Bunch of yahoos they will chase till ya crash. I'm surprised they dont throw spike strips in front of bikes. One more ticket up there and my license is gone.

High maintenance priss

Me and a few guys are going to be out doing those same roads on Sat or Sun a.m. (pending best weather day). Leaving from Barre MA around 7-8a. 122w->202s->Amherst (breakfast at Lone Wolf) ->116n/w->8a->143->202->Barre.

Thanks for your post BTW. I've done 112, but I'll have to check out 57...sounds like fun.

I have a couple newer riders w/ me and I have to play to their skills. Our riding is normally slow-ish (+10 to +15mph of posted). I lead and pull away in the corners and slow up on the straights. I won't pass on double yellow w/ this group unless vry safe and/or waved on by the cage.

But I'd like to get an idea of the pace some of you guys ride. Everyones definition of "fast pace" is different. Maybe we could cross paths at some point and ride for a bit.

Otherwise - If you see our group, feel free to wave us down. I'll attach a pic of some of the bikes that will be w/ us.

Last edited by keeena; 07-05-07 at 11:27 AM.

Thats cool. I have no intention on rippin it up. My suspension is shot and I'm soon due for tires, rings and a chain. Until that happens the pace is slower. Meeting for breakfast sounds like a good idea.

Most of us ride quite a bit quicker than 10-15 over the speed limit. Some of these speed freaks are closer 10-15 over double the speed limit. Who cares though? We always wait for everyone before turning off a road.

Did you want to try to meet up with us in Amherst for 12?

2004 GSXR 600

High maintenance priss

Most of us ride quite a bit quicker than 10-15 over the speed limit. Some of these speed freaks are closer 10-15 over double the speed limit. Who cares though? We always wait for everyone before turning off a road.

Did you want to try to meet up with us in Amherst for 12?
    Constantly doing 2x+ the speedlimit is not the kind of riding I do, even if I'm riding non-group. Not that I don't hit double or triple the limit during my own group rides (w/ a couple of these newer riders), but I do it where its fun & safer. Each corner has its own risks...if there are more houses, "blind", more cross-streets, then I will keep throttle in-check. Rocking entire routes at 2x+ speeds is asking for trouble IMO. Then again, I usually never check to see how fast I'm going. Example: rt. 202 between 122 and the lookout point -> our ride on Sunday I was rocking around 100mph thru the entire section and I still felt I wasn't pushing it too much...and that is easily 2x the posted. But thats what I consider a safe stretch...good looks thru turns, no cross-streets, etc... And I happen to know the road well.

Basically I just go quick enough that I'm enjoying myself w/o pushing what I consider a reasonable amount of risk...thats all. 10-to-20 over is what a practical pace is on the "non-pushing it" sections. That make sense?

I'm not preaching to your riding and have my opinions for folks who show blatant disregard for others. But who cares, right? To each his own. Just take responsibility for what you do.

I *would* like to tag along w/ your group to see how your group rides. Ride a bit w/ you guys and I'll decide if I like your style or not. I can give you my cell and I'd be happy to meet and chat if we can get schedules to sync. I can update this thread once I know which day we are going out and what the timing would be. Noon time Sunday in Amherst might work perfect...thats exactly when we finished up breakfast on Sunday when we did a similar loop (went up to N. Adams).

Quote Originally Posted by keeena View Post
    Constantly doing 2x+ the speedlimit is not the kind of riding I do, even if I'm riding non-group.
    I think you misunderstood me. We dont race the streets. We slow down through towns. I personally slow down through blind corners, anytime i see a sign for an intersection, and any time a hill hides the other side of the road and I dont personally know what is on the other side, but I have no problem getting up over double the speed limit if I know the road, can see through the corners, and no one is in front of me slowing me down.

That section of 202 just south of 122 for example, between New Salem and Shutesbury. I usually hit that in the 80-90 mph range.

2004 GSXR 600

That section of 202 just south of 122 for example, between New Salem and Shutesbury. I usually hit that in the 80-90 mph range.
    You are such a squid! Damn hooligan!

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

Our group can be as big as we can get it those of us who ride a little faster like myself can take point and we stop or slow in every town to make sure all riders are there from time to time we have newbies with us and cater to their riding style. We ride with respect so lets find a time to meet up and ride.

LOL..

2004 GSXR 600

This from the guy who rides the streets with his knee sliders on! Poser!

2004 GSXR 600

High maintenance priss

I think you misunderstood me. We dont race the streets. We slow down through towns. I personally slow down through blind corners, anytime i see a sign for an intersection, and any time a hill hides the other side of the road and I dont personally know what is on the other side, but I have no problem getting up over double the speed limit if I know the road, can see through the corners, and no one is in front of me slowing me down.

Cool - thanks for the add'l detail. Like I said, everyone has a different definition of lazy, moderate, fast & arrest-me pace. Your description sounds similar to what we do. Thats a nice stretch of 202, eh?

I'll PM you my cell and update thread on Saturday once weather and plans firm up.

keeena, you sound really high maintence. you contradict yourself and sound like a priss. do us a favor and ride by yourself. we are basically a group of people with vastly different skill levels who respect our differences. not a big deal. if you dont wanna ride 3x the speed limit, guess what... you have a free will... you dont have to. please spare us all the worry of having to deal with a overly finnicky slow-goer and pick another group.
    cheers
    publicon

Quote Originally Posted by publicon View Post
    keeena, you sound really high maintence. you contradict yourself and sound like a priss. do us a favor and ride by yourself. we are basically a group of people with vastly different skill levels who respect our differences. not a big deal. if you dont wanna ride 3x the speed limit, guess what... you have a free will... you dont have to. please spare us all the worry of having to deal with a overly finnicky slow-goer and pick another group.
    cheers
    publicon
    WTF??

Keena, I went on rides with FastJohnny, Hammadown, and Headstrong (have yet to ride with NewThreads I believe... ) I was able to keep up with them just fine. Most posted limits on those routes are somewhere around 40 MPH, we were going between 20-40 MPH faster, which is IMO a good pace without getting you in too much troubles. Headstrong was the fastest of our group and he was always running around somewhere ahead, coming back and catching up with the rest of the group...LOL I can attest to this group as being safe to ride with, they don't do stupid shit in populated area (towns, villages) and I found them safe to ride with, it was a great time. They're all coming on our ride of August 4th, can't wait to ride with them again.

I would go this Sunday but I have family from Canada at my house right now, and they're leaving on Monday.

cheers
    publicon
    So are you coming then? I was kicking myself for not checkin out your bar last time. I love my beer, and heard you guys have like 40 something beers on tap?

2004 GSXR 600

High maintenance priss

cheers
    publicon
    What the hell? I'm just cautious when getting a bunch of riders together who don't know each other. I am up front with that and I do not beat around the bush or bullshit. Please don't misconstrue as being high maint/priss. I am selective and particular...that is true. Thats my personality. But you don't know me from a fucking hole in the wall...so relax. And I don't see how you think I'm contradicting myself. As discussing with FJ, I was just sorting out the descriptions of riding styles.

If my descriptions didn't seem to jive with what you guys do (or whatever reasons are), then theres much more polite ways of saying "no thanks". I don't need to jump in your group or turf. Fine with me. I didn't know this thread was private and only for the "UMASS Group". Sorry for mentioning that I will be riding out there too, and that if our routes crossed that we could hang for a bit.

You guys enjoy your ride (really), fingers crossed for good weather.

-K

Keeena...he's the only one who commented in that manner...just join up one of the rides they start on Sunday, I'm sure you'd enjoy yourself.

My other half has Sunday off, so I'm obligated to stay home or suffer a couple days of evil glares. Hopefully I'll be able to join up with you guys again soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast