Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ducati Experience Tour

Ducati Experience Tour

Ducati is doing a kinda unique demo tour. The closest they'll be to New England is going to be White Plains NY, near the south west CT border. I'm going to be going. They are only demoing their new 1200cc torque tuned adventure and cruiser(multistrada and diavel). It's gonna be a 10 person 2 hour long guided tour on their new bikes. I'm going at 1:30 on saturday (august 13th) and will be riding a Diavel. You can sign up online, but there are only 100 total spots, 50 on saturday and 50 on sunday. They also want proof of insurance, a full motorcycle license and full gear from you to ride their bikes.

http://www.ducatiusa.com/ducati_experience_tour_2011.do

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Tunertype; 08-03-11 at 05:58 PM.

Re: Ducati Experience Tour

So went to the Ducati Experience Tour yesterday. It was alittle disapointing from what I was expecting. I was expecting 2 hours on a Ducati.. Instead I got a 2 hour "Ducati Experience" Meaning I got 1 hour of them telling me how awesome Ducati and the Testastretta 11° is and photos and 1 hour riding a Ducati. Still the Diavel I drove was pretty nice and comfy. I drove a Diavel Carbon(1200cc, 460lbs, 162hp, more low end grunt than a 1200 superbike, extremely low seat height, standard controls, carbon fiber bits and lightened wheels 22000$).

Sitting and being lectured to:

Me on a Diavel with a pretty girl(this is what life would be like all the time on a Ducati):

Me and all my Ducati Friends(again what life would be like if I had a Ducati):

I've resisted the "Red Bikes" long enough...

applicable thing to your thread is that I got the Multi 1200ST, and when I took it in for it's first service my sales guy threw a Diavel fob at me and said, "You've got some time to burn, see what you think of it". WOOOT! Just took it and blasted off for an hour or so, SOLO no babysitter. Yeah, you get treated different all the way around.

My wife is all into the Ducati events and we're planning a Italy Red Bike tour that also does the MotoGP stop there. A Ducati group is doing the Isle of Man TT and we're setting plans for that as well. So it definitely broadens the whole "bike experience". All kinds of snooty stuff involving these bikes is available.

Of course I could have gotten 3 other bikes for the price of the multi and everytime you turn around you find something cool with Ducati on it that costs a grand$, but I still have my other bikes to keep me in touch with my ghetto side!

Liked your pic's and descriptions, the thing about my test ride on the multi was that it could not in any way scratch the surface of making me realize what was available, programmable or how versatile this bike would end up being. Did your ass get sore on the Diavel? At 1st I thought it was going to be comfortable, not so after almost and hour.

2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200ST
    CanAm Spyer RSS SE5 (Wifey's)
    DRZ400S
    Pitster Pro X4i MiniMotard
    Yamaha TTR

Die Livin'

Riding slow bikes slower. Wanderer's Avatar

If it tickled your fancy, mine is for sale

The Diavel was comfy for the 1 hour ride and felt like it would have been great for a few more hours. It is crazy low though so it feels a bit strange whem at a stop light. The ride down on my current bike however was not as comfy.. Need a better seat. I don't have the cash for a nice Ducati yet. I also really like the looks of the Ducati street fighter in orange.