Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Vanson Openhouse 11/18-20

Hey I work there so I'll be frank... It's really just a pre-holiday sale. We're trying something new... You can get most of the specials over the phone & the Internet. This page:

http://www.vansonleathers.com/email_...house11_05.htm

has all of the info.

We make some of the worlds best riding gear and we're in your backyard.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You USED to make some of the best shit in the world until you started outsourcing half of the shit you make.....................not to mention the customer service has gone in the shitter.

Spend 600 clams on a set of pants another 500 on a jacket and all you can give is 10% off and alterations I have to pay for and

Don't get me wrong I love my Vanson shit. I was actually putting all my stuff in the closet and it looks like a Vanson add. 5 Jackets and 1 set of pants not to mention gloves, hats, t-shirts and countless other Vanson garb.

The pants were my last and final Vanson purchase. I purchased them last year. Drove down to Fallriver from NH only to get there to get a measly 10% discount and had to pay for alterations. So I ask why the changes when Vanson used to give a repeat customer at least 20% off, only to get the old "times are tough" routine "We don't give a crap about customer serviceanymore" attitude. I mean I own some Vanson shit and keep coming back because you treated me right in the past. Those pants will be my last Vanson item I purchase.

Not to mention the stunt shows you put on now SUCK.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Lifer

I've never been to the shop but will never buy anything further from vanson. I bought a pair of gloves once, the stiching started coming out after first use, then the leather disintegrated, not even from a crash, just from normal wear in the palms and fingers. Thank god they never touched the pavement in any crash, I'd be missing fingers.

And RMB tells the customer service sucks.

Letting you know nixoid, since I know you always welcome feedback. And letting the members know so they don't end up with rash all over their hands.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Sorry you have so much angst against us.

outsourcing half of the shit you make
    I don't have the exact figures but we have "outsourced" around 500-600 garments this year and in a slow week we produce 250 garments....

TIMES are tough. You tell me how I can make the garments here for a living wage - and sell against stuff made by people who make 1/20th the wage?

I'm not looking for a fight here. These words are my own and do not reflect those of the company. I love my job and love it when I see all of the people who know quality and craftsmanship get their stuiff that they pay a lot of money for and wait a long time for as well. Yup it costs a lot and it takes a long time to make and it hurts us to charge so much and take so long. No you can't dispute that in the end yopu hava closet full of excellent quality leather that looks great and will last a lifetime.

As for customer service.... I don't dispute it lacks a bit but not from me. If you need some help I will help anyone who needs it. I'm not in sales but I will get the right person to help you and see that they take good care of you all the way through the process.

I'm not slinging crap here. No propaganda.

nixoid---how much of a discount are you gonna give us!!! over the normal sale prices?

Originally posted by hessogood
    the leather disintegrated, not even from a crash, just from normal wear in the palms and fingers..
    but WHY was it only your right glove that did this?
    + is that REALLY considered "NORMAL WEAR"?

Appreciate that.

Since I have the attaention of a few people... Does anyone knowof a 2000-2004 FZ1 for sale - preferably with few extras? I need one desperately.

Lifer

Originally posted by hardcore
    but WHY was it only your right glove that did this?
    + is that REALLY considered "NORMAL WEAR"?
    It was both gloves. Started with the right side, probably since I twist the throttle with the right (us fast guys do that). I think I still have them if anyone wants to see the made in china quality. Vanson should be ashamed to put their name on that crap.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

Originally posted by T-595 Greg
    I had a pair of Held gloves that did the same thing...

*shrug*
    i've never tested held gloves. I've seen a pair after one crash and they were shredded. I've crash tested my $30 tourmasters and they're still tip top even after using my hands to stop me sliding in 1A.

Regardless, two wrongs don't make a right. Three lefts do though.

Nixoid I am really not disputing the quality. As far as the quality goes I would rather nothing than nice thick Vanson top quality leather wrapped around my fat ass while I am pavement surfing. I've tested it and it's still in great shape.

I was just very turned off by my last visit to Vanson and there lack of customer respect and commitment that so many of us Vanson customers have come to expect. Then all of a sudden it's gone. Just left me feeling like I got porked.

Used to be that new riders would ask what kind of leather to get I would say "Drop the coin up front and get the Vanson you will not be sorry". Now I tell them to go buy a Joe Rocket

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Posting Freak

Shit.......I just bought a Vanson Jacket about 2weeks ago.it was the Mark 2 Satellite I mention everything under the sun to get a discount but that did not help in any form.the girl told me if you want the best you have to pay for it.Vansons need to really work on the prices if you guys want us poor folks to wear your shit, and for closing if there is any issues with my jacket I will be down there acting a fool.LOL, but all jokes aside Its the best jacket I Have spent money on.

IXS from Superdave. I couldn't be happier.

If I had decided to go Vanson, I'd be owning one less bike right now. Just flat out too much cake for the customer service that you get.

If I spend that kinda money on leathers, I expect that level of CS with it. As someone who has been in the customer service role time and time again for customer who shell out $100,000+ for a product, I know that people get PISSED when you don't bend over backward for them no matter whose fault the problem is. The customer may not always be right, but they are your customer and I'm sure you want to keep them as such.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Originally posted by TheIglu
    IXS from Superdave. I couldn't be happier.

As someone who has been in the customer service role time and time again for customer who shell out $100,000+ for a product, I know that people get PISSED when you don't bend over backward for them no matter whose fault the problem is.

I feel like I got bent over forwards, a bucket of sand dumped into my rectal cavern, and PORKED!!!But at least I can say I have the best!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    I feel like I got bent over forwards, a bucket of sand dumped into my rectal cavern, and PORKED!!!But at least I can say I have the best!

KB
    I'd pay to see a video of that.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Ok I got to speak up here!

Not discounting Jay's seamingly legitimate complaint on product quality all I hear is; sell cheaper, give me more of a discount BUT give me the best quality.

I only own one Vanson jacket and it is the best built and heaviest leather I ever owned. I have owned or still own: Bates full leathers, Dianese full leathers, Alpinestars full leathers, and several jackets. Nothing matches the thickness and weight of the Vanson. Now I got this GSXR jacket very cheap $99.00 becuase it was a clearance sale at an open house Bar-B-Que when they were still in Stoughton. That jacket is still running strong "a little tight now" ok a little too tight but that is my fault I bought it small only size left and "maybe" I put a pound or ten on since.

A business is "in business" to make a profit, I can not attest for customer service or freindlyness. But it sounds like some of you want them to not out-source, keep the quality high, lower the prices, put on better open house events with more stunts etc, keep feeding us for free and oh yah lets not forget give us a big discount becuase we want your product and we ride bikes?????

I agree their prices are higher than many others but so is the quality!!

QUIT YOUR BITCHING YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

In all honesty Jay was that there cheapest pair of gloves, most expensive or mid priced? Just wondering.

508-653-8604 h 508-395-9812 c

Corrado Building & Remodeling, Inc.
    14-A Waushakum St
    Framingham, MA 01702
    508-875-6201
    www.cbrinc.com

it isnt the price or the quality...it is the customer sevice....

Thats the problem....and it doesnt cost anymore money for them to be nice to people...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Originally posted by bigred875
    Thats the problem....and it doesnt cost anymore money for them to be nice to people...
    DING!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

No go back and read each post the customer service is just one side complaint.

508-653-8604 h 508-395-9812 c

Corrado Building & Remodeling, Inc.
    14-A Waushakum St
    Framingham, MA 01702
    508-875-6201
    www.cbrinc.com