Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

VT: Play Ground Ride II: Tuesday 9/23

Re: VT: Play Ground Ride II: Tuesday 9/23

BuckBaaak!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

OMG - this is hysterical!! The new MotoFreak mascot

Great shots, KB and MotoFreak!

Bread-I can see why you need new pucks! Holy shit. . .

"And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post

Bread-I can see why you need new pucks! Holy shit. . .

If you look closely you can see a little spot above my slider from where i touched that down today. I forgot to flip the pucks again ..... whatever - today was awesome!

Flogged.

Yes...wicked awesome ride fellas...so between Bread's excited commentary, and KB's modesty, I will fill ya'll in on todays high points!

First, thanks again Bread for the encouragement. As the caption reads on the first pic, that is the corner I crashed in on the Aprilia a month ago, still scares the shit outta me (and all blind right handers) but I am working through it. And KB, thanks for the pictures, (the ones I took are better...) and the work out!
    Ride Report:
    After we had breakfast and de-frosted, we had a great ride out to T Rd and a good solid 4-5 laps. The camera came out, Bread and I did some show off laps, and KB got a shot of Chicken Strip, my little riding buddy (Wayne, that's for you, our VTSB inside joke!).
    After getting some awesome shots of KB and Mr Bread, I gave em the "lets go" signal, and they pulled in...KB felt he should drop the 250 in the sand, whoops. So it was flooded, and we drained the battery trying to start it, so, me being a nice guy, push-started the Ninjett, and off KB went...1/2 mile down the road he almost got hit by a Turkey, awesome.
    Well, the bike died again at the one way bridge, and would not start, so I pushed, and pushed, and pushed...battery dead! So the construction workers let us jump start the old girl and off to the races again (it took almost 20 min. by the way, and I was sweating my ass off!)...OH, and I forget to mention that some old women pulled half-way out into the street and almost hit Bread, who did a fantastic stoppie and gave her the "IM REALLY MAD AT YOU" finger point!
    We also met Auntie Joy! Uncle Snakes Aunt! Who says hi Jake, and she is glad you are doing well, she was very nice.
    We had a superb day, the weather was perfect, got the rubber scuffed up, and some fantastic photos. Thanks fellas for being awesome!

ps-we miss Tim and Kyle

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Just for Silver Ghost!

and some more of me...cause I am awesome and suffer from vanity and egotism...

Conquering demons...this is the corner I wrecked in last month...

Thanks again Kevin for shooting us! You looked great, just get that ass of the seat a bit more for your LAPS Day, and you'll be racing that thing with Oreo and Pittenger next year!

Last edited by MotoFreak; 09-23-08 at 08:51 PM.
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Goodbye

Hello

Hows the form?

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post

ps-we miss Tim and Kyle
    glad to hear you guys have been having fun over here. We've been crazy busy lately and next monday were heading to Ontario for a trackday. Maybe sometime in the near future we'll meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bread View Post
    Hows the form?
    Looks good bro...you are very consistent, which is great. You are setting up for the corner well, you are looking through it, and the bike is more upright this time...last week you were diggin pretty hard, much better this time around. Make sure to have a control rider follow you at the track too for some feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    glad to hear you guys have been having fun over here. We've been crazy busy lately and next monday were heading to Ontario for a trackday. Maybe sometime in the near future we'll meet up.
    Most Def...I miss you guys...come over for Bike Night (if we get another warm day)!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Oh, and an update on my bike, for those who care...before the last unsuccessful attempt to push-start her, I pulled the headlight and taillight fuses (prior to that, she hadn't been charging--she was running like crap and would want to die each time the brake lights came on). Once she was running again, I had no issues all the way home. I went out after a bite to eat and checked the battery voltage -- 12.91, so the obvious conclusion is that I need to replace my tail/brake bulbs with LEDs.

I'll have to go for another ride tomorrow and check before and after voltages and see, but I think I'm okay for the time being (and my Battery Tender should be arriving Friday, too).

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    I went out after a bite to eat and checked the battery voltage -- 12.91, so the obvious conclusion is that I need to replace my tail/brake bulbs with LEDs.
    How old is your battery? Keep in mind that your bike doesn't "need" LED's to offset a possible different issue.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    How old is your battery? Keep in mind that your bike doesn't "need" LED's to offset a possible different issue.

Just a thought.
    Oh, I'm aware of that...should've stuck one of these at the end of that sentence. The only way in which its an accurate thought at all is that I'm running three 1157s instead of the single stock configuration.

I meant to check vintage as well when I checked the voltage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the battery was original (on a '99 bike). I suppose I should plan on getting one next year, but so far (knocks on wood) it's been functional except when abused.

I may go ahead and add a voltmeter at some point, just to see what happens with the brakes and high beams on and be able to keep an eye on it while riding.

Nice pics, wish I was there with you guys. And that turn with a good amount of gravel freak is cranked over in...that one was sketchy.

Russells corner...I remember that one all too well. hitting it from both ends had me remembering that day. I dragged puck just for freak there tho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12