Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VT Report 9/20

VT Report 9/20

Well today was, how do I say it.. Just Ok... The leaves have started to fall and the Sunday drivers were out a day early Everybody was on the road today so the roads were all jammed up. I think the reason so many people were out were due to the very nice day it was, the tons of yard sales , the Flea Markets and Festivals in almost every fucking town. This must have been the busiest day for activities in history, not to mention the people out to pick apples and pumkins.. On a good note the scenery was very nice, going at a slower pace lets you take in some good sights. These were all great roads, just make sure you miss the traffic!! The best part of the whole day was the ride home hitting route 8A, that road is awesome! Caution too all.. it had a lot of leaves about a foot into the road along the sides and 1/2 of the corners have a piles of sand spread through the whole corner..

Six of us started and met for breakfast, which was good btw. When we hit route 100 we parted ways, Three guys , Trackdog, jsven007,Masterpo. continued north on 100 for a sleepover! How cute! I hope they had less traffic..
    Myself, Kham & Iglu headed south heading eventually for rt 8A then rt2. The ride home was a little better with traffic.

330 miles and a sore back.. Doh..
    Also a bad day for close calls.. I saw three close calls for crashes, All were the cages faults for not paying attention to their surroundings. Oh and we had two close calls with getting caught speeding. One was me in the lead going to pass a cage coming up to the townsend forrest section on 119, I had to get in front of this car prior, so as I passed a EPA cop in a F150, he flipped on the lights and was pointing and waving at me, but he never turned around to come after us? Kewl! Maybe he didn't feel like writing up 5 tickets! Sorry guys I almost got us busted...

Dont know what my problem was today but i felt like shit and rode like shit..

Anyways nice to see ya'll & nice meet the new faces. Good riding with everyone dispite the cage infestation...

Mike

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Lifer

VT Report 9/20

Well the track day will make up for some of that frustration won't it?

That's one of the reason I'm liking doing a little more "touring" type riding.

Out of the 10-12 days of riding I've had up in VT this summer, maybe 1/2 has been like you described.

You gotta just keep riding up there and eventually you'll have some awesome days.

It's still better than working though, even if the cops follow you around and the tourons try to kill you.

Ben

re

I got you beat Mike. 450 miles today riding in NH to ride the Kank. It wasn't a bad day traffic wise up there. It was nice to hear 5 Rc51's in a pack together. What a sweet sounf. There are a couple of pics on RC51.com if you want to check them out. Anyway, I am exhasted and going to bed, talk to you later.

Bruce

Re: re

Originally posted by mycirus
    I got you beat Mike. 450 miles today riding in NH to ride the Kank. It wasn't a bad day traffic wise up there. It was nice to hear 5 Rc51's in a pack together. What a sweet sounf. There are a couple of pics on RC51.com if you want to check them out. Anyway, I am exhasted and going to bed, talk to you later.

Bruce
    So much for moving the G/F in huh? How did ou manage that?

I'll be around tomorrow if you can get out to play for a while, I'll be sleeping in a bit seeing It is 2:30 and I just got in.. It was Good night at F1 Racing and the Foxy

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

re

You are thinking of Jmie Mike, TYhis is Bruce. Today I have to work so I am not able to ride. We are riding next weekend though if you want to come along.

Bruce

VT Report 9/20

Tons of traffic, but 8A made it completely worthwhile. Did you guys see my back end kick out after that one lane bridge on 8A? Thing just went completely out.......FUN!!!

Thanks Mike, was a great ride!!!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Re: re

Originally posted by mycirus
    You are thinking of Jmie Mike, TYhis is Bruce. Today I have to work so I am not able to ride. We are riding next weekend though if you want to come along.

Bruce
    I knew that just had a late night so I my mind is a little fuzzy today...

www.tailofthedragon.com

VT Report 9/20

If I've told you guys once, I've told you a hundred times

SATURDAY IS THE WORSE DAY OF THE WEEK FOR TRAFFIC

that is one of the reasons you rarely see me ride on saturday, on saturday I do what everybody else does my run around errands.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

VT Report 9/20

I ride on Saturday/sunday because I have a job during the week......

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

VT Report 9/20

only saturdays are worthless, sundays are ok

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

VT Report 9/20

Three guys , Trackdog, jsven007,Masterpo. continued north on 100 for a sleepover! How cute! I hope they had less traffic..

We followed Route 100 north to Route 17 (Best rte in NE?) and slept in Burlington, VT for the night. Moderate traffic on Route 100, but little traffic on Route 17. Sunday we rode over to 118/25, but did not see any NESR members. We were there exactly at 1PM, and we rode 118 three times. Then we did the Kanc a few other routes before hitting i93 to home. Traffic was very heavy on i93, stop and go. Damn sightsee'ers hogging the road. Around 700-800 miles for the 2 days.

Justin

Last edited by jsven007; 09-21-03 at 07:38 PM.
    14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...

VT Report 9/20

Thanks Mike, was a great ride!!!
    Yes, I wanna give a big thanks to Mike for organizing and leading the ride! A huge thanks to Gary also, for leading on Sunday. Great meeting everyone. I think Kham has the best 600 that is made!

I Dance With Will

VT Report 9/20

i would have gone up to meet you guys w/ one other rider, but just dont wanna go alone. god damn 118 3 times? i envy you.

Originally posted by jsven007
    I think Kham has the best 600 that is made!

"fuckit!"

VT Report 9/20

I would have loved to join you guys on saturday but I had errands to do also. Myself, my girlfriend and another friend of mine left Woburn at 6:30am. Got some breffast in Nashua. The headed to route 100.

We blasted up route 100 up to 125. We hit 125 at 10:30 and tore that road apart. Then continued up to route 17 back west to route 100. Again more tearing up.

I love those roads. Well worth the travel. I think next time I would cruise up 89 all the way up to the to of 100 and hit 108 then work my way back down hitting 17 then 125 then home.

All in all a good day no close calls other than me sliding the rear into one of the first corners on 17 cause I was going in HOT.

All said and don we left at 6:30 am and got back at 7:30. 485 miles door to door. With a breffast, lunch, and a few scenic stretch stops, and 5 gas stops for the SUPERHAWK, along the way. I love those long rides and wish I could call in sick and do it more often.

ANYONE FEELING SICK THIS WEEK? Cough cough????

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Lifer

VT Report 9/20

If you're going to talk about Rt. 17, be careful going up there.

I may not visit it again this fall. There was a speed trap there the last time I was there, right at the top by the parking lot.

And a rider died on Rt. 17 last week, so I'm sure the police will be watching it closely.

Ben

VT Report 9/20

Speed trap huh? Damn thanks for the info.

That sucks to hear about someone dying up there though. I never like to hear that.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

VT Report 9/20

That's where my mom had her accident.....

RT.17 is nice, but I guess it can sneak up on ya

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

VT Report 9/20

If you're going to talk about Rt. 17, be careful going up there.

I may not visit it again this fall. There was a speed trap there the last time I was there, right at the top by the parking lot.

And a rider died on Rt. 17 last week, so I'm sure the police will be watching it closely.
    Normally I don't talk about routes, but these routes have been mentioned before. Those hairpins are so sharp I couldn't speed. I think I found myself at the speed limit most of the time. They are very tricky tight corners. My ZRX was like a fish out of water, so I took it easy (which was a good thing). Time for a lighter bike...

We heard about the motorcycle death from a rider in VT also, very sad. Apparantly he overshot a corner and hit a gaurd rail.

Last edited by jsven007; 09-22-03 at 11:16 AM.

MasterPo

VT Report 9/20

Originally posted by rmbbikes

ANYONE FEELING SICK THIS WEEK? Cough cough????

KB

I didn't make it to work today. We did 680 miles on Saturday and Sunday that's enough to make anybody sore.

VT Report 9/20

Sore? After riding the Kanc I was thinking of heading to Mt. Washington. Decent weather made for a nice weekend trip. Glad we decided to to the Green Mtns. to check out Rt. 17. I needed a break from working the weekends And it's probally a good thing Masterpo and 007 ain't much on drinking,..those Guinesse's at the Windjammer were going down too easy
    Might have taken a couple of miles to shake the cobwebs before we hit 17 for two more times. Too bad some of the other guys couldn't make the weekend trip. Took in some great scenery along with a good ride. of which there aren't many left

VT Report 9/20

Hey Masterpo,..you gonna post any of those pics? You sure did alot of posing this weekend .. you should look into a career as a model!. Just kidding, I did my share too! Would like too see 'em though.
    Enjoyed watching you carve out those turns on the 954. And 007 picks up the pace on the Kanc Nice!
    A pleasure in meeting new /and riding with you all again
    Maybe do it again before the end of the season, say Columbus weekend. (can you say Nova Scotia)
    Half Squid, Kham, TheIglu, wish you could've made it. More the merrier, I always say.

p.s. Stay off Lincoln Gap between 17 and 100. the scenery is nice but the road over the 2400' peak sucks Some of it's dirt, complete with washboard(great if you got a dual-sport), and the grade coming down heading east is steep and poorly paved. I enjoyed it ...Nothing ventured. nothing gained so we had to try it.
    LRRS this weekend. I'm going. Will post a thread when I decide if I'm going to overnite it or day trip it.

VT Report 9/20

Hey Masterpo,..you gonna post any of those pics? You sure did alot of posing this weekend .. you should look into a career as a model!. Just kidding, I did my share too! Would like too see 'em though. Enjoyed watching you carve out those turns on the 954. And 007 picks up the pace on the Kanc Nice!
    A pleasure in meeting new /and riding with you all again
    Maybe do it again before the end of the season, say Columbus weekend. (can you say Nova Scotia). Half Squid, Kham, TheIglu, wish you could've made it. More the merrier, I always say.
    With Phalla's 5.0 Megapixel camera, I bet the pictures came out great. Could even make some 8" x 10" photos from the digital pictures...

Phalla is really starting to carve corners on the 954, I remember the days when he had his CBR600F4. We both had huge chicken strips then. Trackdog, I think you were the fastest rider amongst us 3, impressive watching the Superhawk eat up the twisties.

My Nova Scotia trip is posted on this forum, just search under Jsven007 for "An Amazing Trip", 3 Parts. Cabot Trail is well worth the extra miles to reach! I also recommend tenting out, some of the best scenery was at the camp sites! (expect cold weather this time of year though)

Wish Mike, Clayton and Kham could have joined us overnight. Great meeting everyone, will do more rides in the future.

VT Report 9/20

5.0 megapixel! Keep me posted on those pics!

VT Report 9/20

C'mon all you digi-cam users, where are the pictures?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

VT Report 9/20

I'll work on getting some up by tomorrow night too busy to downsize the pics and load right now..

Anyone going to the track this weekend or riding on Saturday Oct 4rth???

www.tailofthedragon.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast