Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe
    trip up and let you in on a bit of info.
    First it is only going to be in the low 60's
    so bring some warm gear, and more importantly
    I just found out that route 108 through
    smugglers notch is open!!! Yee-haaa.
    See ya when you get here
    Happy Friday
    Junkyard

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Thinking of taking a day trip over that way on Saturday. Maybe we'll meet up with youz guyz.

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

Vt trip update!!!!!!

just letting everyone know the trip is going well Chip has called me to say everyone is having fun he is cruizing with cheryl due to a loss of a nut and bolt so he is ok wishing he had an extra or some fishing poles but, he said the roads are sweet....

Vt trip update!!!!!!

I always though he might have a screw loose but never thought he would lose it

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Have a safe trip home, in the RAIN

Yamaha

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Russ and I made it to Glens Falls before the rain hit. We came across on Rt, 17 from Vt,, Great road, I liked it better than the notch, we went thru a 7 am and it was empty, roads were cold so we had to be some what reasponsible, We stopped at a Walmart and got Russ some rain gear before in rained just over the New York line. Only had to stop for gas 5 times for gas for his bike to make it home. Rain was light to Albany then it came down hard. We did the last 180 miles at 75 to 80mph,, Not much fun, came home cold wet and tired, 7 hours in the saddle is a long time when the weather is like this.

It was nice to meet everynone,, I had some misconceptions about this group. First I thought it was motorcycle group. I did not know that singing and dancing were part of the skills necessary to belong, Hell you don't even have to ride your bike, JC Russ and I were the only real men to ride up and back.. At the next ride instead of the talk being about what kind of bike you ride everyone will want to know what kind of trailor you have..and I hear the gray ones are the fastest. Had a great time, great to see Mick again and meet everyone else, looking forward to doing it agan..Bob

[Edited on 5/12/02 by plasticweld]

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Just wanted to say it was great hosting y'all
    You are a really nice group of boys and we
    enjoyed your companionship here at Caravan B&B.
    It was quite nice exchanging pleasantries by
    the fire while sipping bevarages by the fire.
    YEA RIGHT!
    Had a great time hangin'n'groovin. So happy to
    get out for a ride on sat. Thanks for letting me
    lead, kept me away from Russ' stink machine
    Glad to hear peoples made it home safe and mostly dry.
    If things go well see some of ya's at the races.
    Happy Sunday
    Junkyard

Junkyard
    '81 BMW r80 g/s DAKAR
    '78 Moto Guzzi 850T3
    '95 MZ Country (for sale)

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Vt was a great time... good food, cool peeps, and GREAT hosts (thanks again Jon and Penny).

NOW for the real update:

Everything started off well.. I met up with Gerard..loaded his gear (I'd picked up his bike the night before) then we went and met up with Mick and loaded up his gear and new R1. Yes we took the big D up with the bikes loaded in my trailer and headed to Stoners.. ALL MY idea.. hell why ride through Boston and run a new set of tires down and risk getting caught in whatever weather from VT all the way back to the cape for no reason.. not like running the slab all the way back after a long weekend is any fun and as you'll soon see it worked out for the best. Anyways the plan was to meet up at the Stone crib and unload and ride from NH to VT on some sweet backroads. We got there for 1pm or so.. got everything unloaded.. suited up in my "scuba steve" suit and prepared to rip it up! Off we went.. well after a quick stop to top off and a few first and second gear wheelies we were warmed up and heading for Vt when 12 miles into our run my rear end kicked to the side mid corner... well thinking all I did was catch a stone while leaned over I thought nothing of it until about 2 mins later my R1 just stopped driving... engine and gearbox seemed to switch fine but it was like someone just took off my chain! I pulled over with Gerard right behind me.. Mick and Stoner soon came back to see what was up... well after some looking and scratching at our heads I removed my front sprocket cover to find that the retaining nut and tab washer were GONE! FUCKITY FUCK FUCK!! Well at least it wasn't the tranny damage I had envisioned in my head! BUT FUCK! So after a few cell calls to about 5 different dealers I could not find a nut to replace it so I was stuck riding BEEETCH with Mick on HIS R1 back to Jay's to get my truck n trailer. Well didn't this just FUCKING suck.. but Mick assured me we'd find a nut on a parts bike of Jon's or up in Vt somewhere... so fuck it at least I didn't bail or damage anything. Well upon arriving back at my bike my AWESOME bro's (Gerard and Stoner and Mick) all decided to ride up in my truck with me even though I told them just give me directions and I'd meet them there.. but being TRUE homies that they are they figured they'd stick with me and not let me have to cage it alone.. SWEEEET for me but kinda sucked for them.. anyways we had a killer ride up.. lotsa fun..lotsa jokes... a few "refreshements" and piss stops every 19.9 miles for bladder boy....

Once we arrived in Vt we met Jon and Penny, Cheryl (Mrs Stoner), Bob and his son Russ (who were already there). We unloaded the three "running" bikes.. and proceeded to start looking for a suitable nut for my R1 on EVERYTHING in sight from Penny's Bultaco to the mountain bikes but nothing would fit properly so we were down to saying FUCK it and just hanging out and drinking and Mick, Gerard and I decided to get up early and head to the local Yammie dealer to see what we could get.

GET THE PARTY STARTED!!

JC arrived on the Tls.. crazy bastard flew up..lol.. including across the section of road that was only made up of fucking baseball sized stones! Now we were complete and ready to PARTY!! Well everything was flowing the stories were starting.. then out came some fucking weird combination of greatful dead music with some regae steel drum beat then fucking A.. some dude starts singing the lyrics with and Elvis voice! (didn't the aliens take him back?) Sounds weird but it fucking was the SHIT! Or was that the Smirnoff Ice? Hmmmm anyways.. just when ya thought we were rocking.. Mick breaks out the Afroman cd... Jay's now found the Messiah! (you know your my Ju ) BWAA HAA anyways.... if ya thought the "high" song was the shit you HAVE to buy this cd!!! FUCKING track TWO ROCKS!!! Well as those of you who'll dare will see on my pics things got VERY amusing as the night went on and the Capt Morgan went down with the ship! So I don't get what others are uptight about.. shit I thought we were all there to have fun.. fuck it if ya can't have fun at night and ride during the day (well if ya bikes working that is.. DOH!)

Ok so on into Sat

Searched EVERYWHERE and found nothing to fit my R1.. oh well.. went back to the BnB and hooked up with Cheryl in the Vette.. rode chase vehicle til they lost us in traffic but we knew where they were going so we just headed up to Newport enjoying the scenery and the roads.... well we got to Newport.. no sign of the bikes... we figured they must have come and gone so we just went to Wendy's (my second favorite redhead after Jen) to grab a bite... sat by the lake chilling (literally!) and ate.. then we figured we'd just head back to the BnB and meet everyone back there... well on the way out we saw Jay and Gerard at the gas station... come to find out Russ ran out of gas on his Gsxr which was spraying the country side with fuel and making everyone that got stuck behind him sick.. turns out he was getting worse gas mileage than my truck towing the trailer and the four bikes! and he didn't realize the day before he had left his tank on reserve so he ran out without being able to switch it...when everyone finally reunited at the gas station we went to a cool little place for lunch (again for C and I) after walking in looking like a power ranger convention we ate (ok well I had a girlie drink (strawberry daqu.) fuck it I wasn't driving) the guys then headed off and Cheryl and I followed Jay back down rt100 to the BnB where once again we proceeded to PARTY it up to Afroman and the DISTURBED version of the Grateful Dead..lol... Russ and Bob were "discussing" whether to head back to NY that night because of the rain that was coming in... I guess Russ didn't want to get his new leathers wet (they looked pretty sweet) but Bob didn't want to ride tired at night.... Bob won.. they left the next morning before the rest of us got up... Jay, Mick and Gerard decided once again to load up in the trailer since the forecast was for rain and Jays bike was starting to act up above 6k... Josh unfortuneately had to ride it home alone... (sorry dude I'll get the 24' trailer next time so I can carry everyone).. but true to the lone ranger theme he left the Caravan with a hearty High Ho silver and lofted the Tl up to the sky as he headed out to Penny and Jon's amusement (along with jealousy from the rest of us who's bikes were stuffed in the trailer saying SHIT if I was riding I coulda done that too! fucker) well it was an uneventful ride home... UNTIL after dropping off Jay.. I climbed back into the drivers seat (I let G drive for a lil bit).... anyways.. I think we were on 93 .. Mick in the passenger seat.. Gerard snoring in the back and me driving... all is cool... light rain dropping... then WHAT THE FUCK.. Mick looks at me and asks me if I cut one.. I look at him and say... uhh no.. then HOLY SHIT my eyes start watering and my brain cells start to fry... DAMMMMMMM... Mick and I make a break for the power windows! We start fucking cracking up.... Gerard is ripping some MEAN SHIT in his sleep!!!! (he gave us a nasty preview of it at Jay's house.. by the way.. ripping one OUTSIDE that when you walked by the area 5 MINUTES later it was still LINGERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) anways the cold air (so he says woke up G.. we think it was the smell...he giggles... GUILTY!!!) several miles later we put the windows back up and all was good... a quick stop at Wally world to get Mick some rain gear...we arrived in Rochester at my dad's house greeted by my babe in her new Fox racing dress WOOO HOOO... load up G's bike in his truck.. unload Mick and send em both on their way.. and that's all she wrote folks

FUN FUN FUN

I did who knows HOW many hours or miles total but I can tell ya it was only about 20miles on the bike oh well fuck it it's still clean and in one piece I only have to wait on the fucking nut n washer to come in... fuckity fuck fuck!!!!

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Sounds like another great NESR event!! Damn, this place rocks!!!:cool

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Fuck...that was me that just posted the pics link

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Thanks for clearing things up Chip. Well put, well said. I'll get my version up later today, but you summed it up nicely. Hope things work out for the R1, I'm calling the dealership today to see how quickly I can get the Tiller ironed out...

More to come...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Bikeless Prick

Vt trip update!!!!!!

and piss stops every 19.9 miles for bladder boy....
    bladder boy = "Jay" has to be... ahh haaa ha

Great pics. Glad to see ya all had a good time. Sorry 'bout your ride Chip... but don't they say that things happen for a reason.

When's the next trip?

Rich

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Chip nice pictures,, Hope your up and running again real soon.. You took the disappointment with your bike real well, I am sure there is a lesson in there somewhere for everyone... Next time I see you I hope to see you pull off some of these wheelies I keep hearing about..

Vt trip update!!!!!!

I had a great time...Thanks to all who set this up and to Jon and Penny for being great hosts....

(note to self: Don't drink a bunch of Harpoon IPA before 10 hours in truck with other people.....Sorry guys))

Jay and Chip...Hope you guys get your bikes fixed soon...Jay looks like you were in no danger of dicing it up this time..

[Edited on 5/13/02 by CBR600GER]

Gerard

Vt trip update!!!!!!

WHO has "tha motha fuckn bambulance" wav???????

Gerard

Gerard

Bikeless Prick

Vt trip update!!!!!!

BTW Chip... I'm a little concerned about your orientation... why so many pictures of "pee-stop and nesr delivery boy"?

Rich

Vt trip update!!!!!!

Mick, i saw a small clip where you mention the bike is for sale? Email me PLEASE!! CryBaby@nestreetriders.com

Yamaha