Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Wachusett Valley Riders Club - Racing this Sunday, Oct 20th in Winchendon

Wachusett Valley Riders Club - Racing this Sunday, Oct 20th in Winchendon

Last weekend's flat track and TT racing in Winchendon was a blast. Anyone planning to go this Sunday? The Adult 100-160cc classes had decent sized grids. All you need is a TTR125 or XR100 or similar. Knobbies were allowed last weekend for smaller bikes, but best to check with Roger.

The poster I have says practice starts Sunday at noon.
    Contact information: Roger Durkee (508)963-0017 or Kevin Clark (413)531-4723.

Links to helmet camera videos:
    Adult 100-160 Oval http://youtu.be/OiTsEdRYr9g
    Adult 100-160 TT http://youtu.be/cPBMOsbAuY4

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travisb; 10-16-13 at 02:17 PM.
    CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77
    SeaCoast Sport Cycle | Dunlop | EBC Brakes | Vortex | Woodcraft | Armor Bodies

Re: Wachusett Valley Riders Club - Racing this Sunday, Oct 20th in Winchendon

How many of these class races do they do a year?

I'm 10 minutes from the place and drive by it every day on my way to work. If I could score a cheap XR100, it would be a fun way to get a little competitive again. But not worth it if they run 4 events a year.....

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    How many of these class races do they do a year?

I'm 10 minutes from the place and drive by it every day on my way to work. If I could score a cheap XR100, it would be a fun way to get a little competitive again. But not worth it if they run 4 events a year.....
    This year there were race weekends Aug 25, Sep 7, Sep 22, Oct 13, and Oct 20. Last weekend was my first, but I assume the 100-160cc class was also run during previous events. Roger or Kevin could provide more information.

Hope this helps,
    Ben

CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77

Rules for the 100-160CC class? Mandatory gear?

I can't find a website or anything.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Hi all, I've been a lurker till I saw this post. I've wondered what would happen to WVRC after Pete Giammalvo passed away. It's great news that the track is open again. I goggled 'wachusett valley riders club' and didn't find anything. Then I got smart and searched facebook for info.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wachu...818?ref=stream

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Rules for the 100-160CC class? Mandatory gear?

I can't find a website or anything.
    I am sorry, I don't have the answers. I recommend that you contact the organizers to ask questions. Their phone numbers are at the beginning of this thread.

Ben

CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77

Here is a list of the races run last Saturday:

Winchendon 1st annual PD memorial
    1. Youth 50cc
    2. Vintage
    3. Youth 65cc
    4. Senior B
    5. Open Amateur
    6. Youth 70-110cc
    7. 58+
    8. 450 Amateur
    9. Sportsman
    10. Adult 100-160cc
    11. Open pro
    12. 250 amateur
    13 47+
    14. 450 open Expert
    15. Youth TT
    16. Adult TT open
    17. Adult TT 100-160cc
    18. Pro TT

CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Hi all, I've been a lurker till I saw this post. I've wondered what would happen to WVRC after Pete Giammalvo passed away. It's great news that the track is open again. I goggled 'wachusett valley riders club' and didn't find anything. Then I got smart and searched facebook for info.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wachu...818?ref=stream
    I have really enjoyed racing there the last two weekends and am looking forward to next season.

Here are some helmet camera videos from 3 races yesterday.

47+ http://youtu.be/6Ti1tWGUCHw
    100-160cc Oval http://youtu.be/N0iWXAtGaTA
    100-160cc TT http://youtu.be/O5s7W7_-Nxg A jump start sent 3 riders to the back of the grid.

I face planted in the first TT practice http://youtu.be/NJfmKhrUiHs

CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77

dang...I would certainly crash excessively in an attempt to go into turns too fast and try to slide in/out

Lifer

That looks like huge fun. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    dang...I would certainly crash excessively in an attempt to go into turns too fast and try to slide in/out
    You would learn to control the slide. A lot is based on body position - staying on the outside of the bike, upright and perpinduclar with your body while pushing the bike down with your outside knee. You would stay loose on the bars and get comfortable in a squatting position while sliding the bike sideways.

CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    That looks like huge fun. Nicely done.
    Thank you. It has been an absolute blast. Ironically, I did some training on the TTR125 to try to improve my road racing skills, or at least to develop some reflexes to use when the bike gets sliding, such as not chopping the throttle when the rear spins. But I always have fun on the small bikes, maybe because you can hold it wide open and the consequences of a crash are less severe than at twice the speed on pavement.

The racing is very laid back in Winchendon and the organizers are trying very hard to keep this appealing to the racers. Next year is supposed to be even better, although details have not yet been announced. The day is fast paced with practice followed by heats, followed by features. There are some 18-20 races, from youth to amateur to pros and these go off in quick succession.

CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77