Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Weekend riding

Lifer

Smile Weekend riding

Miles: 825
    Sportbikes seen: Many
    Harleys: Too many
    Cops: Way too many
    Visits with Sheriff at the side of the road: 1
    Performance Awards: 0
    Pictures: Lots
    Damage: Messed up ear

Went up to Vermont friday night, Massachusetts rain chased me. Yay.. 100 miles of dark rainy windy riding in the mountains. Fairly exciting. Got there at like 8:30, went back out in the rain to get some food to cook.

Saturday I went to see this older guy who is a friend of some relatives. He hooked me up with a good ride, ending up at Appalachian Gap. Guess he must have liked to ride hard at some point. Shortest ride of the weekend.

Sunday I went up towards the Canada border, I went up through the Northeast Kingdom. I've never been up there even though I was born in Vermont and have spent a lot of time there. It's beautiful. Check out Lake Willoughby and Lake Memphranagog (sp?) if you're up there. There are some great twisties and fantastic views. The views are better than the other parts of Vermont IMO. At one point I was on this straight that went all the way to the horizon, grass on each side, no cars in sight.. speed limit 50, I did 75 (so probably more like 67-68) and there was a cop hiding at the end of it in some trees. He was pretty cool about it, just told me to slow down. Glad I wasn't going faster though.

Yesterday I started out on the highway. Saw 7 state troopers in about 25 miles. Got off the highway and took back roads the whole way back. Lots of fun but I had gone swimming Sunday night and apparently got water in my ear. All the up and down in the mountains fucked my ear up good from the pressure changes + water.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I Dance With Will

Re: Weekend riding

doesnt sound all that exciting.

Originally posted by benSV

At one point I was on this straight that went all the way to the horizon, grass on each side, no cars in sight.. speed limit 50, I did 75 (so probably more like 67-68) and there was a cop hiding at the end of it in some trees. He was pretty cool about it, just told me to slow down. Glad I wasn't going faster though.

Ben
    speed limit should have been "your vehicle top speed".

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"