Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Road Trip to VIR March 24, 25?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Interested

10 52.63%
  • going with you

3 15.79%
  • too close to loudon opener

1 5.26%
  • bemused

0 0%
  • F'off TuT you annoying bastard

5 26.32%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

V.I.R. - V.I.R. - V.I.R. WHO'S WITH ME?

Re: V.I.R. - V.I.R. - V.I.R. WHO'S WITH ME?

Thanks for the link, Dave

I took schwantz school last year and it allows me to get a provisional race license for WERA, but I never bother sending in the paper work.

I did read this
    "The cost for Cornerspeed's Riderschool at VIR is $390 (North Course) unless otherwise stated or in conjunction with another offer"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Carlton
    My facebook

Sent email Weds. Got reply yesterday. Aaron will be posting up the actual dates next week. Stand by!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Registration forms are posted for March 24th and 25th. I will be the first to get mine in!

Matt...time to start circling the wagons and sorting out details! How can I help....you have my real email!

Welcome to Cornerspeed

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

E-M sent

---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

Right now it looks to be 4 really going and several more interested/going ...so I have to find a trailer that will accomodate our bikes. I have a 6 spot enclosed set-up that I can borrow. but if more are going I would like to have a 10 spot waiting in the wings.

I am considering the rent from a trailer co. thing but would like to stay within budget.

It being such a short trip I would be OK loading up the RV with 6 to 10 riders. It would keep the trip low budget and be lots of FUN with that many people. The RV will open up to allow 6 -10 people to sleep near each other ... not ghey near each other but camping near.

the test run to JGP was a blast with Hoffman. So VIR will be whip-its.

K do you have any thoughts about the trailer situation?

D is looking into the suite rental @ VIR

that's about all for now

thanks D & K

The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

Suites are $99.00/night. Garage is another $100.00/day...but they would only charge us for 2 nights for the garage. (They don't count the check in day or the check out day) I am assuming we would leave pre-dawn on Sunday and arrive late afternoon/early evening. Then depart early Weds morning.

That what you're thinking Matt?

Dave

Muhammad Ali.

directions from my house to VIR

this is the intended route and travel time. Dave I think that will work out to miss the major traffic to leave @ 5 -6 and arrive @ 6 - 7 ... I'm O.K. with an hour or two of adjustment to fit everone's pre trip travel time but ....earlier is better for all

I suggest leaving from my place in central MA because I am able to accomodate a safe place for car storage and the house is only 15 mins from exit 10 on the Pike

Last edited by The Crashing Tomato; 01-10-08 at 12:10 PM.
    The rule is:

So, if Jim and I are riding with you we should plan to be at your place 4:30 ish to transfer bikes, etc. I have an EZup...should I bring that along? It's good to have! Also I have normally bring a core set of tools and misc stuff...

Muhammad Ali.

I know this is probably going to be too much for my budget, but how much is the whole trip going to cost?

Carlton
    My facebook

I was actually thinking of making arrangments to have bikes in the trailer on Sat afternoon so we are not scrambling to transfer gear @ O'dark hundred.

It is the weekend, I know some people might have to work Sat to make up for the time off. People that have to work Sat then (L.I.F.O.) so be it. You would have to be to the house 1 hr prior to leave time

The rule is:

Just got my confirmation from Cornerspeed! I'm signed up for the 24th and 25th!!!!

-kim

drz400sm

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2473/3532494258_79ceb54614.jpg

DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Suites are $99.00/night. Garage is another $100.00/day...

Then depart early Weds morning.
    the only thing with this set up is OK'ing it with the group.

post up your thoughts so I can get the consensus.

My thought is that, as NICE as the garage and suite would be, some people might not have the funds to go if the extra $4 - 500 split by # of people going /using is added to the trip cost. Besides, I would like this to be a group thing and if some people are not going to be able to $$$ for the the s/g then .....what fun would that be? So with that said .... I'm going to decline on the suite and garage.

Hmmmm I have been mulling about what time to leave MA and VIR.

How would people feel about staying the night at my house sat eve and leave in time to get to VIR while it's still light out on sun's arrival?

My thoughts on leaving VIR are to pack up after riding tues go out have a good meal and whatever then leave to be home Wed mid morn that way people going would be able to rig up thier stuff during daylight and be home for dinner wed eve add in thoughts on leaving VIR Wed AM or Tues EVE.

The RV's amenities .. are ... beds/ floor space, tv/vcr/dvd, fridge freezer, stove and oven, (due to the extra lbs, the availability of water at the site, and the clean up -dumping station- I am going to omit the shower and toilet use) ... besides if I remember right VIR has toilets and showers available .... right?

Dave
    +1 on having the additional EZ-up .... plus the RV has a side awning ....as for having tools

*my dad has an exxxcelent set of tools ..... he's a t.v. repair man*

I would just bring your bike specific stuff cuz I have a set that goes in a good space under the RV. it has multiple ratchet and socket set ups plenty of wrenches large and small, screwdrivers, zip-ties, wire, extra bolts for Kermita's shifter , tape .....etc.......

How'd you find that?

The rule is:

Re: DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by TESTINGurTOMATO View Post

So with that said .... I'm going to decline on the suite and garage.

Hmmmm I have been mulling about what time to leave MA and VIR.

How would people feel about staying the night at my house sat eve and leave in time to get to VIR while it's still light out on sun's arrival?

My thoughts on leaving VIR are to pack up after riding tues go out have a good meal and whatever then leave to be home Wed mid morn that way people going would be able to rig up thier stuff during daylight and be home for dinner wed eve add in thoughts on leaving VIR Wed AM or Tues EVE.

The RV's amenities .. are ... beds/ floor space, tv/vcr/dvd, fridge freezer, stove and oven, (due to the extra lbs, the availability of water at the site, and the clean up -dumping station- I am going to omit the shower and toilet use) ... besides if I remember right VIR has toilets and showers available .... right?

Dave
    +1 on having the additional EZ-up .... plus the RV has a side awning ....as for having tools

*my dad has an exxxcelent set of tools ..... he's a t.v. repair man*

I would just bring your bike specific stuff cuz I have a set that goes in a good space under the RV. it has multiple ratchet and socket set ups plenty of wrenches large and small, screwdrivers, zip-ties, wire, extra bolts for Kermita's shifter , tape .....etc.......

How'd you find that?

TuT (me)
    Hoffman (Al)
    DUCDave
    Kermita (Kim)
    JIM (jim)
    Matt...if this is the final head count I am with you. I agree that it would be a lot of fun as a group and hanging/camping together will be cool...assuming this is the final head count! If it gets too crowded then the fun could turn into a fracas...especially given Hoffmans personality

I think spending Saturday night at your place is dooable and a good idea...lets us get an early start to arrive at VIR in daylight.

Have you sorted out the trailer? I will would like to bring this ...

...if there is room. I have lots of Ducati specific chit that we like to have along in the case of a 'get off'. If no room...no worries! Will sort it out!

70 DAYS and COUNTING>>>>!!!!

Muhammad Ali.

Funny I have the same cargo box at work ... should be fine but I would like to confirm a couple of things, like ....... I am waiting on a couple of responses which might take us to 7 going as a FINAL count

I have to confirm the use of a big trailer ..... the 6 spot is a go but would be tight if ya know what I mean fitting gear between bikes and the such

The rule is:

My thought is that, as NICE as the garage and suite would be, some people might not have the funds to go if the extra $4 - 500 split by # of people going /using is added to the trip cost. Besides, I would like this to be a group thing and if some people are not going to be able to $$$ for the the s/g then .....what fun would that be? So with that said .... I'm going to decline on the suite and garage.
    Matt...if this is the final head count I am with you. I agree that it would be a lot of fun as a group and hanging/camping together will be cool...assuming this is the final head count!
    I agree 100% with Dave on this one.

Good idea. It'll also ensure that everything is packed up the night before and we're ready to go.

As you're the driver I leave that in your hands. If you're up for driving after a day at the track all the better. I'd love to be able to unpack bikes and whatnot in daylight.

Are RV's allowed to park overnight at VIR? And if so can we park near the pits/garages? Did I read correctly that the rental garages have a shower/toilet?

me? lose a shifter?

How'd you find that?
    Lucky...that's what it was...lucky. I must have had some good karma points racked up because I thought for sure I'd have to MacGiver something up to get it home.

-kim

drz400sm

I have made this trip 4 times....

81 is a much better route.

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

Hmmm

I agree much better but a just a bit longer (100mi. r.t.) and more vertically challenging esp. with the RV and trailer. it can handle the set up and the hills .... would just kill the mpg

Last edited by The Crashing Tomato; 01-14-08 at 05:49 PM.
    The rule is:

Quote Originally Posted by kermita View Post
    I agree 100% with Dave on this one.

SMART GIRL!!!

Good idea. It'll also ensure that everything is packed up the night before and we're ready to go.

As you're the driver I leave that in your hands. If you're up for driving after a day at the track all the better. I'd love to be able to unpack bikes and whatnot in daylight.

I agree with Kim. (Smart man...!)

Are RV's allowed to park overnight at VIR? And if so can we park near the pits/garages? Did I read correctly that the rental garages have a shower/toilet?

RVS can park right at the North Paddock...and there is electricity too! No need to bring Generator for Tire Warmers. And there is a shower and bathroom available...don't think they are in the garages though...no need to rent a garage to have access to showers and toilets!

me? lose a shifter AGAIN?

(Fixed it for you...!)

Lucky...that's what it was...lucky. I must have had some good karma points racked up because I thought for sure I'd have to MacGiver something up to get it home.
    Looks like the plan is coming together....
    ...now we wait

Muhammad Ali.

Looks like the plan is coming together....
    ...now we wait
    me? lose a shifter....AGAIN?

I think it's time to safety wire! The chances of me finding the shifter again I imagine is quite slim.

Sport Rider-Hands On: Safety Wiring

-kim

drz400sm

From the sounds of things this is going to be a NESR TD in disguise.

The rule is:

I'm out. my shoulder is still fugged.

Received confirmation from Cornerspeed today...in for both days!!!

68 Days and Counting

Muhammad Ali.

Still workin' on it....

I Just printed a 24"36" poster of VIR to hang on the garage wall just to remind myself how pissed off I am that I'm not going

............................................*waits for confirmation from Aaron*

while waiting

*sees resemblance*

The rule is:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast