Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

24 Hours of Lemons

Re: 24 Hours of Lemons

The $500 budget doesn't include safety... Containment of fluids is included in safety.

You have plenty of the weekend warrior, "walmart pack o tools" at a motorcycle track day or race weekend also thinking Yamaha is there and gonna sign them to tak over for Lorenzo because even they can't stand him. I've seen more than enough bikes held together with zipties and safety wire that have passed tech.

I'd love to see bikes run for this long on the track. The big thing with lemons races is how many cars are there and how long you are beating on it which leads to the oil problems.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk
    The $500 budget doesn't include safety... Containment of fluids is included in safety.

You have plenty of the weekend warrior, "walmart pack o tools" at a motorcycle track day or race weekend also thinking Yamaha is there and gonna sign them to tak over for Lorenzo because even they can't stand him. I've seen more than enough bikes held together with zipties and safety wire that have passed tech.

I'd love to see bikes run for this long on the track. The big thing with lemons races is how many cars are there and how long you are beating on it which leads to the oil problems.
    Wasn't comparing it to motorcycles of which I am more than aware there are I'll equipped machines all over the place. I agree with you there. I was replying to sheppo's comment about NASCAR and saying that there is a big difference between NASCAR and lemoncar racing.

Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

The "let them drop" comment was in poor taste I think. No?
    I was referring to Dan's nuts with that comment , not about crashing bikes. Sorry if it was mistaken for anything else; I'm sleep deprived and our car had issues all weekend. My state of mind isn't clear at the moment.

I did speak with Tom this afternoon, they plan on being up all night spreading excessive amounts of oil dry.

Last edited by e30addict; 05-08-11 at 05:03 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

degs all my comment was meant to say is that track was built for one reason $$$$$$ and who ever has a wallet big enough can rent it.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Just Registered

Had a great day today. After 15 hours of racing (yes, it's not a true 24 hour race) my team finished 2nd overall and won 1st in Class A - The Good (as in the good, the bad and the ugly.) Today was a much cleaner day for the track as there really weren't any big incidents.

Big thanks to all the cornerworkers, especially TIMMYDUCK. ya'll rock. Nice finally meeting you face to face.

Last edited by Daytona440; 05-08-11 at 08:21 PM.
    If you can't Race it or take it to bed, it's not worth having..

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Congrats

Good luck today 2 wheelers. Take it easy today!

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I've seen off ramps more slick down. Suck it up and let 'em drop.
    new douche of the year award . . .

www.bostonmoto.com
    2009 Zx-6r--17,680 miles and counting!!
    2008 ZZR600 - - - 10,268 miles totaled
    Ride to live, live to ride

The track LOOKED horrific my first lap out. Oil stains in 3, 7,8 and all down 9/10.

Thankfully the track staff had worked late into the night sunday and grip was not an issue.

As for the cars vs bikes pissing match that is underlying in the thread. Cars sucks/ Bike Rock!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Danz19899 View Post
    new douche of the year award . . .

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

As for the cars vs bikes pissing match that is underlying in the thread. Cars sucks/ Bike Rock!

Bikes do rock, and cars will never suck as much as you

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The track LOOKED horrific my first lap out. Oil stains in 3, 7,8 and all down 9/10.

Thankfully the track staff had worked late into the night sunday and grip was not an issue.

you ain't kidding, it did look terrible. First session 3 felt a little slippery at turn in but that also coulda just been cause it was a bit cool in the morning and it was the first session on a green track.

rest of the day was good. Afternoon had great grip even after we had an oil spill. Big thanks to anyone who helped clean it up, Freddy, Nate and I know there was someone else out there with them who pretty much missed lunch and the eSuperbike presentation because they were cleaning a couple spots. Plus all the regular clean up crew (overnight and during the day) all deserve a big thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12