Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Add me to the crash list

Re: Add me to the crash list

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    you can get another SV cheap if its what you want. better off buying another than trying to piece this back together if it twisted.

sorry to hear about the crash. they really aren't any fun no matter how many times you do it.
    yeah side/front hit to the front wheel= bad for bikes, they are just not built to be crashed and rebuilt.

I dont want another sv, maybe the 1000 if ones for cheep, but I'm more in the mindset for a big twin, though everything is an option at this point, hopefully they dont try to make me keep the sv though. still wanna stay sporty though

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Dichotomous; 09-16-11 at 06:19 PM.
    theres just something about a blue bike

aparently roadside can't do an evaluation on the bike for me, as they are not a dealer. He was very sad about this, as he had seen my bike a couple minutes after the crash happened and knew it was me. He did offer to help any way they could, but 2nd opinion style estimates were not something they could do.
    Still definately my favorite shop, maybe next bike will be something they sell there.

I'm sure Cyclewise could do it, since they're a Suzuki dealer, if you can get the bike down there. Also a great shop.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Yeah, Cyclewise did my crash evaluation after I got rear ended

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

never been to cyclewise. maybe I'll take a look soon.

I go to the doc today to get checked out for some hurts that started post er visit.

cyclewise is pretty far, thats down in new haven, thats not really feasable

decided I do not want a 600cc supersport, dont want and rev to the moon, and they are too tight for my generous frame. Though the finding out of this involved tossing a leg over one, and an icepack later at home from that action. Chris over at roadside (I seem to remember him being the owner, but it says sales on his card) was insistant that he would help with me getting back on a bike. now, yes I know he is trying to sell a bike, I'm not neive anymore.... but it still seemed like an honest and warm gesture, so good on them.

If you need a hand getting your SV down to Cyclewise let me know. I live about 10 minutes from there and work in Richmond.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

You can always borrow my small motorcycle trailer anytime too

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    If you need a hand getting your SV down to Cyclewise let me know. I live about 10 minutes from there and work in Richmond.
    I may at that depending on the insurance companies. I do want a good thoroug estimate to replace the gsxr front end, and a quality shop would be key for that. me putting into $$ the cost wouldnt work out as well as a shop saying that parts are x amount and labor x amount. But I could get that almost free hand quote as well.

Heal Fast, inside and out...

Just the right amount of wrong... hehehe...

other drivers insurance broker tells me I deal my medical through my insurance, which is paid back from theirs. which doesnt seem quite right. Anyone know this?

the broker seems slimey, but then again, its part of the job so yeah, I get it. anyways, aparently their entire agency has a slow response time, cause, well, I hear these things about "24 hrs" meanwhile it was morning on thursday, mean its been roughly 102hrs since this happened.... which I will let them know, especially since they were contacted thursday about it. I didnt rest on it, nor will I.

Quote Originally Posted by Dichotomous View Post
    other drivers insurance broker tells me I deal my medical through my insurance, which is paid back from theirs. which doesnt seem quite right. Anyone know this?

the broker seems slimey, but then again, its part of the job so yeah, I get it. anyways, aparently their entire agency has a slow response time, cause, well, I hear these things about "24 hrs" meanwhile it was morning on thursday, mean its been roughly 102hrs since this happened.... which I will let them know, especially since they were contacted thursday about it. I didnt rest on it, nor will I.
    That sounds normal. I believe the insurance companies do it that way so that whatever care you receive counts against your lifetime maximum. I could be wrong though, maybe whatever gets paid for is deducted from that number.

'90 Yamaha XT350

I'm not sure if its law or not but any injuries from a vehicle accident are paid first from your vehicle insurance then your health insurance will take over if the amount goes over your vehicle coverage. and of course your insurance company doesn't want to pay anything so if they can get the other company to pay they will.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 09-19-11 at 07:43 PM.

still no call from them... of course, why would they want to call considering they owe me some money

went to doc yesterday, good news is that my knee is ok, just bruised internally, same with the groin and butt and leg on that side. he says 3-4 weeks and I should be feeling better. my left foot and ankle he oddly didnt seem concerned about, even though the bike fell on it. He says to wait it out a bit for that, likely just some bruising and strain and not bones. could also be more from using that side favoring the other than from the impact.

essentially, I got off wicked lucky as far as moto/car head on collisions go

went to doc yesterday, good news is that my knee is ok, just bruised internally, same with the groin and butt and leg on that side. he says 3-4 weeks and I should be feeling better. my left foot and ankle he oddly didnt seem concerned about, even though the bike fell on it. He says to wait it out a bit for that, likely just some bruising and strain and not bones. could also be more from using that side favoring the other than from the impact.

essentially, I got off wicked lucky as far as moto/car head on collisions go
    Just make sure you keep an eye on things, I was told I could just walk off my knee injury by the first doctor I saw. If things aren't getting better, get a second opinion.

'90 Yamaha XT350

Talk to a lawyer, too—getting a second opinion may be extremely helpful in dealing with the other guy's insurance company. Again, I wish I had been more aggressive in seeking medical treatment when I got rear-ended (in a cage, thankfully) back in 2002—I was later told that the "standard" pain and suffering payment is related to the dollar cost on medical care, i.e. spend more, get more. The downside, of course, is that you may have to float those costs until you get reimbursed—but either way, an initial consultation with a lawyer should be free.

And heal up quick. Limited mobility sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    Talk to a lawyer, too—getting a second opinion may be extremely helpful in dealing with the other guy's insurance company. Again, I wish I had been more aggressive in seeking medical treatment when I got rear-ended (in a cage, thankfully) back in 2002—I was later told that the "standard" pain and suffering payment is related to the dollar cost on medical care, i.e. spend more, get more. The downside, of course, is that you may have to float those costs until you get reimbursed—but either way, an initial consultation with a lawyer should be free.

And heal up quick. Limited mobility sucks.
    true, but I am also not going to run up med expenses to make money, I am hurt as I am hurt, dont want to make it sound like I am dying or will have super long protracted grevious injuries, but also dont want to shrugg it off as nothing either.

I mean, I wouldnt have to go through all this had the other driver not hit me, life would be happy and nice and I'd be on my merry way. so I wont let some else's mistake ruin my own, I will fight to make it all right.

true, but I am also not going to run up med expenses to make money, I am hurt as I am hurt, dont want to make it sound like I am dying or will have super long protracted grevious injuries, but also dont want to shrugg it off as nothing either.

I mean, I wouldnt have to go through all this had the other driver not hit me, life would be happy and nice and I'd be on my merry way. so I wont let some else's mistake ruin my own, I will fight to make it all right.
    Yup, that's what I was suggesting. In hindsight, I probably could've whined more when I saw the doctors and got either PT or drugs to smooth things out a little more quickly, instead of toughing it out, and it would've thus been better-documented that I essentially couldn't move my head and neck independently of my upper torso for several days (and had limited mobility for longer than that).

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    Yup, that's what I was suggesting. In hindsight, I probably could've whined more when I saw the doctors and got either PT or drugs to smooth things out a little more quickly, instead of toughing it out, and it would've thus been better-documented that I essentially couldn't move my head and neck independently of my upper torso for several days (and had limited mobility for longer than that).
    oh, well yeah I do intend to go through the PT the doctor refered me for. I am essentially listening to the experts here on the med side of things. They are experts for a reason

bike bandit says my front end is worth over $5800 to buy from them. thats without shipping or install. I printed the shopping cart on that little gem

Lifer

On the insurance claim side, any charges your insurance incurs will be subrogated to the other driver's insurance if he is at fault.

If it is absolutely clear who is at fault, it will be pretty easy. If it is contested, insurance company lawyers will fight about who ends up with the cost.

From your perspective, just make sure your bills get paid and that your policy isn't going to whack your premiums for costs of an accident in which you were not at fault. It's their job to get money from the other guys insurance company.

disclaimer, not a broker, but I managed all claims for a large construction contractor for many years.

Goodbye wife, hello bike! Father Ribs's Avatar

Don't assume your own insurance is looking out for you either. My ex had an accident that was clearly the other driver's fault; their insurance refused to pay saying an invisible third car caused the second car to hit my ex, stopped at a sign and set back 10 feet from the street. Their insurance refused to pay anything, and ours said too bad, until a friend in the industry said at the least our insurance should have paid out under uninsured motorist. Otherwise, some jerk would have got away without hitting us and we would have paid out of pocket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast