Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Add me to the crash list

Re: Add me to the crash list

yeah if I dont hear anything by noon or so, on this the 7th day since the accident, I will call the other company directly. they were notified the next day, so this is quite wrong and seems like this kind of delay must be illegal.

"we tried to call on tuesday" "my phone doesnt show any calls, and why only once and not yesterday?" (there was no answer to that btw)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Dichotomous; 09-22-11 at 01:30 PM.
    theres just something about a blue bike

assesor called, he is going to total it. aparently even just one of my fork legs would total it so the rest is just assurance for totalage. so we'll see the options they give me. but now I get to look more for a bike.

still not sure if I wanna do a dualsport and a small supersport combo, or a big sport touring bike. there's a dr650 for sale for reasonable, and a cbr600f2 for very cheep that would be a very fun project bike, has a cool looking frame too if I want to fighter it.

but there is also a sprint for sale on our boards here with full hardbags for less than the two other bikes together.... so I dont know

so, bike is still at towing shop, just got police report (definitively saying I am at no fault) and waiting on the insurance companies next more, just faxed it over this morning, they will review.
    hoping negotiations dont turn bitter, cause I am way to upset right now for my own good. no response, slow response, half answers....

gonna buy a new one

gonna buy a sprint st!!
    throttle is a touch sleepy, forks need to drop in the triples, but she's a very nice bike, and will be mine once this check arrives, should be early next week, possibly even in time for bike night to show off

A 955 St? Congrats, welcome to the Triumph family

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

well now, dont have it yet, but test rode it and liked it and we shook hands.... gotta get my check, draw up a bill of sale, he's gotta find his maintenance folder, title.... so likely this week.

I have been doing some digging over on the triumphrat website. looks like the gsxr forks I like to stick on bikes stick well on this one too..... and there are some fuel pressure mods, tuning mods, all kinds of stuff to do to keep my busy!

Congrats. Just curious if it is the ST Highsider had advertised. Was going to call the guy Joe yesterday but shit got away from me. If it is I'll scratch that one from my homework

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by tonup View Post
    Congrats. Just curious if it is the ST Highsider had advertised. Was going to call the guy Joe yesterday but shit got away from me. If it is I'll scratch that one from my homework
    yeah thats the one.
    not perfect, but perfect for me, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dichotomous View Post
    yeah thats the one.
    not perfect, but perfect for me, you know?
    Good on you. It looked used but not abused. As for perfect, what in life is? Hope you get good miles out of it.

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

new tire, chain and sprockets (going from 19/43 stock to 18/45, should fix the too tall gearing up well). took half the bike apart to clean and inspect and check things. overall pretty good.

I weigh far too much for the springs this thing has, and the damping is primeval as well. so depending on my level of employment this winter it will get new springs and oil, and a homebuilt reworking of the rear shock, or ohlins rear shock and gsxr front fork.

already got a new muffler to add onto it, should give about +10 hp and -15lbs, so thats good.

whats retarded about this bike is that the saddlebag frame prevents the rear tire from being removed. chain and sprockets you can do completely seperately from anything else, and rear wheel SHOULD come off easy, you know, centerstand, singlesided swingarm, should be cake. but there is just about 1" too little clearance. I may look into raising the bags up a bit to eliminate that problem. and also show off the awsome rear wheel a bit better too, once the HUGE muffler is gone

while pouring out the contents of the forks, found a set of gold valve emulators in there. nice little find.

gonna put a gallon or so of gas in the tank to check the seals of the fuel pump and the fuel level sender, hopefully they hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dichotomous View Post
    while pouring out the contents of the forks, found a set of gold valve emulators in there. nice little find.

gonna put a gallon or so of gas in the tank to check the seals of the fuel pump and the fuel level sender, hopefully they hold.
    Hey, not sure if you already knew about this link or not, but you can plug in your ST VIN and see if the recalls have already been done. Not sure of the year you purchased, but there was a span in there where part of the wiring harness and both of the fuel fittings were replaced under recall.

http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/7094.aspx

That link will tell you if your bike has been repaired already, or not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123