Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So I bought this...

Re: So I bought this...

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    How is it as far as wheel scratches? I'm thinking it's gonna be a good investment for me, but I don't want my wheels scratched up (I know, anal, but what can i say) and my dealer does a great job of not scratching them
    If you pay attention to what you are doing, you will not scratch a wheel!

I bought only because i got tired of shops scratching my wheels! As weel to the fact i dont run oem wheels, i was getting pissed!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Performance: 1397 JE bigbore, Dual Intake cams, Adjustable cam spockets, Sm air box mod,Pc3 usb,Ingnition box w/hub, and Lcd screen, Hindle stepped race header, Dual Fans, 24 volt starting
    Suspension & Brakes: Ohlins road and track forks, Ohlins rear shock, Sprint top mount dampner, PRM top clamp, Dymag Carbon mags, Brembo HP rotors, Brembo Hp radial calipers,
    Show & GO: Topgun undertail, Libertek led lights, Pazzo lever, PMR Switches & Kill,PMR cover. Revolution Custom Paint, Harris Grips.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post
    Picked it up yesterday and got it all assembled. I'm almost ready to start changing tires, I just need to bolt it to the floor.

I tried changing a tire last night without it being bolted to anything, twas not easy but I got it done. Haven't broke out the balancer yet, but thats easier than changing the tire. Let me know anyone needs something switched over.
    I'd be HAPPY to bring some wheels/tires by for changing! Regards, Jake

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Jake, just shoot me a PM and we'll try to set up a time.

Just changed my first one today for Doc. It actually went smoothly for the first actual tire change. There is a bit of a learning curve going from a Coates machine for car tires to bike tires, but its a shallow curve at least. Balancing was super easy.

So who's next?

Thanks man! I owe you!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Keith and I will both swing by with our wheels at some point in the next few weeks! Can't wait!

SVenpointsixtwo
    2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

Thumbs up Re: So I bought this...

Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post
    So who's next?
    Me?

These are tubed so I was gonna try to do it myself but... your machine would probably make it easier...

Already have done 4 tires and I'm getting lot quicker at it. The last two I did for Uncle Snake only took me about 30 minutes now that I have the hang of the machine. Hardest part now is getting the bead to seat because I don't have a a flexible air chuck that will work without the valve stem core in it. I made a smaller air chuck from parts I picked up at lowes, but it still only works with the core in.

Snake will have to let me know how my balancing job was, but I'm positive it was spot on.

Bring on some more!!!!

Thanks again Jason! Michelle will get one more ride in than I'll change the rear wheel and we'll let you know. Jason is the man!!!

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Jason, an easier way to get the tire to seat is use a regular blow gun with a rubber tip on it. Don't put the core in and just use the blow gun to give it the quick shot of air to get the tire to seat. I will usually use the blow gun to seat the tire completely then put the core in and set the pressure.

2004 Honda VTR
    1998 Honda VTR (Track Bike )
    1990 Honda CB-1
    1973 Yamaha RD350
    http://www.ftmsnh.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12