Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202131 ... LastLast

Burlington Bike Night (Every Tuesday from 5:30-8pm)

Re: Burlington Bike Night (Every Tuesday from 5:30-8pm)

Quote Originally Posted by Baggey22 View Post
    If you want help installing it come to Johnson and I'll help ya. I'm free Monday evening.
    Thanks man! I checked over the bike, there isnt any siezed bolts or anything, its going to take me 10 minutes to do the swap and install the new can But thanks anyway adam!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ~2007 Yamaha YZF600R~
    Mods: Flush mount turn signals, 2bros c-2 exhaust, Puig Carbon black windscreen, Michelin PR2's, Custom Icy Pearl white paint job w/ my own sharpie design, Ride it shorty clutch and brake levers

Who did I pass yesterday as you came out onto Ballard road in Georgia? It was a red Ducati with a white tail and aftermarket pipes that I recognized from BN. Thought it might be Connor but it wasn't.

Tommy R.
    '06 GSXR 1000
    '03 FZ1

Quote Originally Posted by korndogg View Post
    Who did I pass yesterday as you came out onto Ballard road in Georgia? It was a red Ducati with a white tail and aftermarket pipes that I recognized from BN. Thought it might be Connor but it wasn't.
    Did it look like this?

Quote Originally Posted by catamount View Post
    Did it look like this?

That was my first thought as well

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

No, it looked exactly like this except red with black mufflers. I know I recognized it..

I thought it was Connor but I asked him already.

Tommy R.
    '06 GSXR 1000
    '03 FZ1

I wasn't in Georgia and my white tail has not been to BBN.

Last edited by Doc; 06-24-11 at 03:31 PM.
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

D'oh. I just flipped through some BN pics, and it WAS Connor's bike I was thinking of... But he has a 996 and I saw a 748. Oops. Different guy I guess..

Tommy R.
    '06 GSXR 1000
    '03 FZ1

So I have to give some props to Land Air. I was running around yesterday trying to find shims for my valve swap, so first I went to Roadside. They only had one that I needed, but I traded them one of mine for $3, bought some brake fluid, and was on my way. Made it over to Land Air, where somebody was actually at the parts desk to help me. He told me some things about the shims that I didn't know, and disappeared out back to go find what I needed. Comes back out a couple of minutes later, hands it to me and tells me I'm all set. He had taken the one I was trading before he even went in the back.

I know it is a small thing, and I know that Roadside earned their $3 (he went through nearly the entire box and measured each one with a caliper instead of trusting the number), but I was still pretty impressed.

Land Air will swap at least one shim for free if you are nice And now I'm back on track to getting the XT done, which I think is part of the reason it was such a nice surprise.

Last edited by NobodySpecific; 06-26-11 at 09:58 AM.
    '90 Yamaha XT350

Quote Originally Posted by NobodySpecific View Post
    So I have to give some props to Land Air. I was running around yesterday trying to find shims for my valve swap, so first I went to Roadside. They only had one that I needed, but I traded them one of mine for $3, bought some brake fluid, and was on my way. Made it over to Land Air, where somebody was actually at the parts desk to help me. He told me some things about the shims that I didn't know, and disappeared out back to go find what I needed. Comes back out a couple of minutes later, hands it to me and tells me I'm all set. He had taken the one I was trading before he even went in the back.

I know it is a small thing, and I know that Roadside earned their $3 (he went through nearly the entire box and measured each one with a caliper instead of trusting the number), but I was still pretty impressed.

Land Air will swap at least one shim for free if you are nice And now I'm back on track to getting the XT done, which I think is part of the reason it was such a nice surprise.
    Was is Brad that helped you?

He's on here (NESR) and was at bike night last week with a fellow Land-Air employee.

Good dude.

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

Quote Originally Posted by tsanterre View Post

He's on here (NESR) and was at bike night last week with a fellow Land-Air employee.

Good dude.

I don't think I helped him.... But I appreciate the positive feedback!!

I know land air has a bad reputation with some of the riders here, but it's truly not the same shop it was years ago. We've got the best staff i've ever seen, a completely revamped service department, and finally a sport bike enthusiast! (that's me...)

I know I can't right any of the past wrongs... but I do invite anyone that's had a bad experience to give us another shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Ok, i'll go back into hiding now... oh and see you at bike night!

Quote Originally Posted by WinVT View Post

I know land air has a bad reputation with some of the riders here, but it's truly not the same shop it was years ago. We've got the best staff i've ever seen, a completely revamped service department, and finally a sport bike enthusiast! (that's me...)

I know I can't right any of the past wrongs... but I do invite anyone that's had a bad experience to give us another shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'm one of the ones that you speak of, and I can attest that you speak the truth. I was honestly impressed.

'90 Yamaha XT350

Quote Originally Posted by tsanterre View Post

Good dude.
    I have had positive experiences with the parts desk at Land Air. A youngish fellow has been very helpful and professional despite the fact I was ordering a $3 light bulb but I do appreciate it.

So bad news. I cut my finger. Left pinky. ><.

No but really, today was my first time adjusting the chain slack on my bike. And now the brake pads keep rubbing against the disc. If i cant fix the problem, i wont be @ bike night >< which = potentially no pictures! What im going to do tomorrow is put the rear wheel back where it was ( because i moved it back ), then just use the adjuster chain slack bolts, and see where that takes me.

P.S. No 250 girl this week. She said next week. I said she could roll on my bike w/ me, but she wanted to bring her 250 so, i dont blame her.

~2007 Yamaha YZF600R~
    Mods: Flush mount turn signals, 2bros c-2 exhaust, Puig Carbon black windscreen, Michelin PR2's, Custom Icy Pearl white paint job w/ my own sharpie design, Ride it shorty clutch and brake levers

Quote Originally Posted by jopo16 View Post

No but really, today was my first time adjusting the chain slack on my bike. And now the brake pads keep rubbing against the disc. If i cant fix the problem, i wont be @ bike night >< which = potentially no pictures! What im going to do tomorrow is put the rear wheel back where it was ( because i moved it back ), then just use the adjuster chain slack bolts, and see where that takes me.

P.S. No 250 girl this week. She said next week. I said she could roll on my bike w/ me, but she wanted to bring her 250 so, i dont blame her.
    It sounds like you didn't get the wheel adjusted straight. Make sure your rear tire isn't crooked. There are notches on either side where you adjust it that you can check it with. If those notches are no good then you can use a piece of string to make a straight edge.

http://www.framestraightsystem.com/M...me%20Check.htm

Just be careful not to play with the rear brake until you get it straight or it will clamp down and warp the rotor....

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    It sounds like you didn't get the wheel adjusted straight. Make sure your rear tire isn't crooked. There are notches on either side where you adjust it that you can check it with. If those notches are no good then you can use a piece of string to make a straight edge.

http://www.framestraightsystem.com/M...me%20Check.htm

Just be careful not to play with the rear brake until you get it straight or it will clamp down and warp the rotor....

'90 Yamaha XT350

Quote Originally Posted by jopo16 View Post

I am saddened by no 250 girl......but more saddened by your bike being bwoken. FIX IT!!! haha, if you need further help lemme know

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

DOUBLE POST!!

BIKE NIGHT!!!! TONIGHT!!!! YAY!!!!!

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Quote Originally Posted by Baggey22 View Post
    DOUBLE POST!!

BIKE NIGHT!!!! TONIGHT!!!! YAY!!!!!
    You slimy no good double posting bas-turd....

Woot! Ride safe everyone.

Parker said he's a terrible person so he isn't going to show up until the creemee run. For me it kind of depends on the weather, since my intake boots are coming in today and I would love to start putting my carbs back together. I will most likely be there though, since a friend (Jason knows him) said he was going to come check it out.

'90 Yamaha XT350

Yeah...it's stupid.... my shift got changed last minute so that i'm working 11am-7:30pm....so i'll swing by after to joing you guys....eat tons of fries for me!

GT2

What night is Burlington BIKE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Weather isn't looking as good today as it was yesterday. 40% chance of rain starting around 4 or so.

But, I'm leaving here soon and heading to williston on my bike. I plan on being there tonight.

Tommy R.
    '06 GSXR 1000
    '03 FZ1

Quote Originally Posted by WinVT View Post

I'll wait till I go in person the next time before refusing to do business with LA finally, but the last few times I've called it was 10 min wait times, NEVER have very common parts (brake master cyl for a brake suzuki uses on hundreds of bike), longer wait times to get parts than to ship online, cost more, and overall just not a good experiance. Maybe a smile while there would change the experiance VS the phone. but when very common brake pads arent in stock but there is a wall devoted to LED turnsignals that arent inspectable....... thats a squidshop. I found it funny that I was sold a bike from LA that LA would not inspect (turn signals). its these things......

but thats a different thread.

theres just something about a blue bike

Yeaaaa...Brad just said that things have changed. Let's turn that frown upside down sweetcheeks and have a little positivism!

Quote Originally Posted by Dichotomous View Post
    I'll wait till I go in person the next time before refusing to do business with LA finally, but the last few times I've called it was 10 min wait times, NEVER have very common parts (brake master cyl for a brake suzuki uses on hundreds of bike), longer wait times to get parts than to ship online, cost more, and overall just not a good experiance. Maybe a smile while there would change the experiance VS the phone. but when very common brake pads arent in stock but there is a wall devoted to LED turnsignals that arent inspectable....... thats a squidshop. I found it funny that I was sold a bike from LA that LA would not inspect (turn signals). its these things......

but thats a different thread.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Thumbs down Re: Burlington Bike Night (Every Tuesday from 5:30-8pm)

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    Let's ... have a little positivism!
    Positivism refers to a set of epistemological perspectives and philosophies of science which hold that the scientific method is the best approach to uncovering the processes by which both physical and human events occur. Though the positivist approach has been a recurrent theme in the history of western thought from the Ancient Greeks to the present day,[1] the concept was developed in the early 19th century by the philosopher and founding sociologist, Auguste Comte.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positivism

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    Yeaaaa...Brad just said that things have changed. Let's turn that frown upside down sweetcheeks and have a little positivism!
    my experience was just a few weeks ago. if things have changed since then I'll change my mind as I wrote. which would be awsome since I prefer honda and suzuki

Last edited by Dichotomous; 06-28-11 at 01:55 PM.
    theres just something about a blue bike