Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222333 ... LastLast

Burlington Bike Night (Every Tuesday from 5:30-8pm)

Re: Burlington Bike Night (Every Tuesday from 5:30-8pm)

11x17 is the more optimal poster size...from a designers pov anyway ;D!

Glad to see you guys are having fun, and that Tuesdays are going strong! I missed BN out here because I sold the MilleR...I know, sad story, but it was time for her to go. A really cool guy from GA drove out to pick her up on his way to LA. Its nice to know that someone who appreciates fine motorcycles has bought your bike and will have as much fun on it as you did.

You guys rock! Ride fast and take chances!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Damn, Richard came from Sharon? Crazy. That must beat Jopo's ride in I would think.

As for the contests; I think that if we are going to do them, we should do a few before asking Donny's to donate. I'd be willing to buy the winner of a contest a slice. No biggy

Tommy R.
    '06 GSXR 1000
    '03 FZ1

Quote Originally Posted by korndogg View Post
    Damn, Richard came from Sharon? Crazy. That must beat Jopo's ride in I would think.

As for the contests; I think that if we are going to do them, we should do a few before asking Donny's to donate. I'd be willing to buy the winner of a contest a slice. No biggy
    Its pretty close. We ride roughly the same distance overall, we both get around 150 miles round trip. His takes less time because he can just take 89 all the way there, whereas i have to take backroads and stuff. Estimated time for him: 1h 15 minutes. Estimated time for me: 2h/ 1h 40m (going 65). Arrival at bike night: Priceless.
    Theres things that money shouldnt buy. But for everything else, theres tommy. lol

Sorry i couldnt make it to bike night. I couldnt fix my things on time. I ended up working on my bike from 1pm-12am. Still havent gotten it completely fixed. I may just bring it to the bike shop tomorrow D: but idk. I found the noise is coming from the front sprocket..

~2007 Yamaha YZF600R~
    Mods: Flush mount turn signals, 2bros c-2 exhaust, Puig Carbon black windscreen, Michelin PR2's, Custom Icy Pearl white paint job w/ my own sharpie design, Ride it shorty clutch and brake levers

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Sounds good. I'd also suggest keeping it very lighthearted and casual.
    --mark

You read my mind. I am all about keeping that open, informal, unpretentious atmosphere. Badges/Name tags just make good conversation starters ... definitely keeping it light...in fact, I use paper from the recycle bins to make the name badges.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCVermont View Post

You read my mind. I am all about keeping that open, informal, unpretentious atmosphere. Badges/Name tags just make good conversation starters ... definitely keeping it light...in fact, I use paper from the recycle bins to make the name badges.
    lol, can mine say 'Elvis' ? +1 on casual, laid back, informal etc

So for the regular members, if anyone happens to want an "@btvbn.com" email addy I can set that up and give you the login link and/or smtp/imap info for it. I get them all free with the domain... no ads, free AV and Spam blocker so I figure why not right? They are aliased to "@burlingtonbikenight.com" as well so email to either will go to you. I know some people won't want them, but if you do just PM me and I'll set it up.

Looks like you guys had a good night, sorry I missed it!

Did you guys discuss the whole contests thing in any more detail?

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

John we need to discuss the radio ad more!!

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Glad folkgirl stopped by also. Always nice putting a name with a face (even though I'm not always good at it.. )

Tommy R.
    '06 GSXR 1000
    '03 FZ1

UPDATE - on the rear wheel status.
    So i fixed it. It makes a sound, and apparently, its normal o.o'. lol The sound before though was not normal, the rear wheel wasnt aligned causing the chain to rub against the front sprocket. I did however align the rear wheel and its awesome now.

I installed some flush mount turn signals, but i think i did it wrong. Idk, didnt come with instructions so i improvised.

Also, i got the new can in today, its sooooo awesome. Louder than stock, but not too loud. So im HOPING to be there next tuesday, i may peek my head in (not the one down there, the one up top) if i have time, but i have a hang out date :3

Also, i have a t shirt, its an XL. It has a logo at the front :Motorcycle superstore. Its a white t, i dont wear it. I won it from them awhile ago. They asked for my size and i told them l, then they gave me an xl. Its big wide, not long. I was thinking, if we have this contest thingy, i can donate it? Never worn, got it last season. Still have alot of tread on it. Want to sell because im moving and i cant carry it around with me.

Sorry for the long post, but another thing. Im looking to support local communities. So heres the deal. I need new tires on my bike soon, i check the tread, and i just hit the tread markers. Im looking to buy mich pr2's. Im also looking to replace my sprockets and chain. If the price is reasonable, ill go to any local dealership and get it done? of course it has to be done in a day, cause i work 6 days a week. >< Preferably on a tuesday.

If i go online, i can get a did gold xring chain, and a 14/47 sprocket set up for 200$. I can also get the tires for about 250 shipped.

~2007 Yamaha YZF600R~
    Mods: Flush mount turn signals, 2bros c-2 exhaust, Puig Carbon black windscreen, Michelin PR2's, Custom Icy Pearl white paint job w/ my own sharpie design, Ride it shorty clutch and brake levers

Jo, check out the daily rider!

Tommy R.
    '06 GSXR 1000
    '03 FZ1

Quote Originally Posted by korndogg View Post
    Jo, check out the daily rider!
    I checked their website. I may be wrong, but it only shows restoration and repair...? of vintage bikes and vehicles?

EDIT*** Also, does anyone have a passenger helmet i can borrow? If i can borrow it, ill treat them to a meal? But i mean, the meal will be given in newport, vt. I have the hook ups here

Last edited by jopo16; 06-30-11 at 03:02 AM.
    ~2007 Yamaha YZF600R~

I have a passenger helmet you can borrow. It's a Hawk medium. However I'm not gonna be at Bike Night on Tuesday. I'll be going to MA for family matters Tuesday afternoon. I can send it with Foster if that works

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Quote Originally Posted by jopo16 View Post
    If i go online, i can get a did gold xring chain, and a 14/47 sprocket set up for 200$. I can also get the tires for about 250 shipped.

That seems a little hight for the chain and sprocket. I would think you would be more around 150ish.

Also, i have a t shirt, its an XL. ... Want to sell because im moving and i cant carry it around with me.

You want to get rid of a t-shirt because you can't move it?

Haha!

Missed you at BBN, see you next week?

depends how aggressive you are in corners, but I have found shinko 009 rear and 006 front to be very sticky for road use, and wear like iron. and cost about $120 for a set. thats before installation and online. but I dive pretty deep in turns, and havent yet worried about my 009 on the rear

theres just something about a blue bike

Quote Originally Posted by catamount View Post

You want to get rid of a t-shirt because you can't move it?

Haha!

Missed you at BBN, see you next week?
    lmao i was bashing on craigslist. Because i ALWAYS see that on the craiglist ads
    And hopefully, ill be there, but like i said, i have a hang out date, i might drive through there though.

Last edited by jopo16; 06-30-11 at 09:19 PM.
    ~2007 Yamaha YZF600R~

Quote Originally Posted by Dichotomous View Post
    depends how aggressive you are in corners, but I have found shinko 009 rear and 006 front to be very sticky for road use, and wear like iron. and cost about $120 for a set. thats before installation and online. but I dive pretty deep in turns, and havent yet worried about my 009 on the rear
    I was suggest not to get shinko's for my bike. Though they are fairly okay, ( my buddies call em stinko's ) i rather invest money into something that i know is def durable and stuff. Im not bashing on shinko, but i mean on the thundercat forum, they suggest certain tires that do well on the bike. So i trust them.

~2007 Yamaha YZF600R~

Jopo16,
    (a) those are good prices for tires and chainset,
    (b) bring 'em down to the Daily Rider on Pine Street (we do all sorts of work - our website is just hopelessly out of date,
    (c) Shinko tires are not really as crappy as the prices suggest. I have a pair on a personal bike of mine and I'm pretty darn happy with them. No one I have ever met needs Pilot Power-level sports tires, so mid-range is fine for 99% of the folks on the road, but if money's tight, Shinkos are perfectly acceptable tires. I would actually sooner sell you a pair of those than basic Dunlops, which have been coming into the shop with scary cracks lately.

-Paul from the Daily Rider

+1 on the Shinkos. They're a lot better than their price point or nickname would suggest.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    That seems a little hight for the chain and sprocket. I would think you would be more around 150ish.
    Well i mean im not going to run aluminum because those just wear fast. If i did, it would be cheaper. Im getting steel sprockets, and gold d.i.d. chain, i think a 520. Its going to be expensive i can imagine.
    A d.i.d. gold chain itself is expensive -http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ing-Chain.aspx

And thats not including a rivet link ( i think ) Then the front sprocket would run around 20-30 bucks right? and then the rear sprocket, like 30-50? maybe more (idk). But i think thats a pretty good deal. Dudes on the thundercat forum say that the 14/47 set up is the best thing they've done to they're bikes. It sacrifices mpg, but you dont ride out the clutch as much.

Sorry this is kind of from bike night. ><

~2007 Yamaha YZF600R~

Well i mean im not going to run aluminum because those just wear fast. If i did, it would be cheaper. Im getting steel sprockets, and gold d.i.d. chain, i think a 520. Its going to be expensive i can imagine.
    A d.i.d. gold chain itself is expensive -http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ing-Chain.aspx

And thats not including a rivet link ( i think ) Then the front sprocket would run around 20-30 bucks right? and then the rear sprocket, like 30-50? maybe more (idk). But i think thats a pretty good deal. Dudes on the thundercat forum say that the 14/47 set up is the best thing they've done to they're bikes. It sacrifices mpg, but you dont ride out the clutch as much.

Sorry this is kind of from bike night. ><
    front sproket should be about $20, anymore and you are getting ripped off, rear steel stock deal should be 40-50, 110 link 525 (520 is lighter, but wears really fast on a sportbike) should be around $110 or so, so thats under $200, "quality" of chain will be the biggest expense, though the gold will add

Well i mean im not going to run aluminum because those just wear fast. If i did, it would be cheaper. Im getting steel sprockets, and gold d.i.d. chain, i think a 520. Its going to be expensive i can imagine. <

Gotcha, yeah, some bikes steel is more, others it is less. It's odd. I run aluminum on mine and I ram the hell out of it with no problems (750) but I also have my sprockets custom milled and then hardened so who knows... I pay around $100 a pop for my rear sprocket.

I found the DID chain, gold, 114links shipped for $120. Front sprocket shipped for $17 and rear sprocket, 47 tooth steel shipped for $45 so $182 which is pretty much what you are saying so go figure.

They also offer a Gold DID chain that is the low profile one but still a 520, has a tensile strength of 8440lbs (more than the standard profile VM surprisingly) and comes with the rivet clip. That would knock another $25 off bringing you to $157.

Is there a strong inclination towards DID vs EK or something? EK has a gold 520, X-Ring, standard profile also that has a tensile strength of 8500 (more than either of the DID chains) and is only $90 shipped. That would bring the total down to $152.

I have run both and had no out of the ordinary stretching on either. I think the EK may weigh 4-5ounces more....

NOT trying to tell you what to do, just throwing this out in case you are trying to save some cash money. Hope it isn't more annoying than helpful

a major part of the chain wear is the width of the chain, 520 is small for most sportbikes, used for racing because its lighter so it spins faster. but for street use anything under 525 is gonna just wear faster with no performance benny.
    jason what size chain is on the 750, is that a 530? that would go a long way to wearing performance.

also you gotta take into account the engine config when considering chain strength. an inline4 has 3 times as many power pulses per RPM as a 270 twin, so it evens out more. my bike (an SV with a 270degree twin) stretches chains really funny, and has odd wear on front sprokets really bad, and its probably because for normal riding we'd be using roughly the same torque, but your engine would spread that same impulse out over 3 hits vs mine at 1 hit. so at x-acceleration when y-torque is used on both bikes, the twin wears each section of the chain 3x more.
    then again each power pulse is more spread out, so the chain "rests" more till it gets pulled with another pulse, though the length of resting and active chain is roughly 1:1, so that might not help terribly, however the actual links contacting the sprokets is far less, so that might help a lot.
    unless fewer "harder" pulls is harder on the chain assembly than more "softer" pulls are (would you rather get hit once by tyson or 3 times by de la hoya? and how does your chain feel about this?)

or just go 525 for middleweight, 530 for bigger bore, clean and lube every 5-600 miles, keep an eye on chain tension, and probably last 20-30k.

Even my V-Strom 650 has a 525 chain. I wouldn't run a 520 on a sportbike unless that's what's spec'd from the factory, which seems unlikely.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021