Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Cost of concrete (VT)

Cost of concrete (VT)

Anybody have an idea on pricing on poured concrete by the yard or square foot (application is garage floor).

Have plenty of stone, just need rebar and slab price.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Cost of concrete (VT)

Well its not in VT, but I just got a quote in RI for around $90 a yard. Dont forget the cost of finishing it.
    Call all the local concrete companys and just ask, all the local ones around here had no issue giving a price. I also asked them who they suggest as finishers, most will have a few good references that they will give out.

I paid $100 per yard in 2007 for the fiber mix floor concrete and I think finnishing was another $60 per yard.
    Price for concrete will vary depending how far you are from the plant you order from.
    It's very simple to figure how much concrete you'll need ahead of time, plus knowing this will help weed out the honest contractors.

length x width x thickness and divide that number by 27

Yamaha

Bump... I have roughly 900 sq ft of area, (30x30), and would like the fiberglass reinforced concrete.

Should I be able to go with 4" without rebar? I've heard folks having great results with the fiberglass without mesh or rebar.

Thanks.

4" thickness puts me just over 11 yards, and 6" of thickness puts me at roughly 16 1/2 yards.

Considering hiring some local help to finish, but will offer it up to contractor for the right price.

I'd put down grid at minimum anyway. And do yourself a favor and add plastic under it for moisture.

It sounds like you are ready to move on this. It's a great time of year for you to throw your weight around with the local concrete contractors. Most non-state roads have weight limits posted already so they may be light for work.

I talked to one of the estimators at work here. He usually holds $4.50/$5 per square foot for garage concrete slabs FWIW. The guy that I thought would do it on the side has started back into farming in a big way so I think he's out. I'll confirm with him.

Plastic and insulate at least 4' in from the perimeter.

Lemme know when you need a hand prepping. Or just want to stand out there and drink beer. Either way.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

4 inches you're gonna wanna lay wire mesh

"Chatbox...It's like Vegas, for your fingers."

Originally Posted by CBR_Knight
    in my own thread, let me post this:
    first of all, nothing about sex or play with a female seems interesting or arousing to me....

"BALLS" is coming home late after a night out with the guys smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say "you're next!"

Why Lie? It Was Me.... HO-HUM-R1's Avatar

I would go 6" for a garage floor if I were you... 4" is the minimum for a sidewalk and no one drives on them. Also, as mentioned above be sure to lay plastic before pouring.

2006 Yamaha R1, Graves Full Exhaust, BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, K&N Air Filter, EGR Blockoffs, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Power Commander 5, Stealth 520 Conversion -1/+1, FP levers, Ohlins shock, Ohlins fg327 forks, Ohlins steering damper, Sato racing rearsets, Goodridge SS shadow brakelines, EBC Extreme pads, Braking SK wave rotors F&R. few other appearance mods.

Quote Originally Posted by HO-HUM-R1 View Post
    Also, as mentioned above be sure to lay plastic before pouring.
    just out of curiosity. why?

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    It sounds like you are ready to move on this. It's a great time of year for you to throw your weight around with the local concrete contractors. Most non-state roads have weight limits posted already so they may be light for work.

I talked to one of the estimators at work here. He usually holds $4.50/$5 per square foot for garage concrete slabs FWIW. The guy that I thought would do it on the side has started back into farming in a big way so I think he's out. I'll confirm with him.

Plastic and insulate at least 4' in from the perimeter.

Lemme know when you need a hand prepping. Or just want to stand out there and drink beer. Either way.
    Sounds good... Should I call you if I get to the Bobcat tomorrow night?

Ironically we are going there with a couple of other friends. Wanna join us for dinner? We have reservations at 6.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Be careful what the shape and how thick the stone bed and can you get that rolled before the pour.

Ask around about the sealing chemical that closes a lot of the pores in the top and makes it more durable usually for little money keep her moist for 2 weeks

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Ironically we are going there with a couple of other friends. Wanna join us for dinner? We have reservations at 6.
    It was going to be a work related brew stop, but with weather... I'll call with update in a bit.

you may want to consider adding PEX into the slab, and insulating under. costs more now, but if you ever think of heating it or adding a second story.... its all ready to go

theres just something about a blue bike