Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

CycleWise Dealer Night! June 30th

Re: CycleWise Dealer Night! June 30th

Quote Originally Posted by SVenpointsixtwo View Post
    Agreed! If I really whacked the throttle all the way open, it might break loose but I think it'd pop the front before the rear lost traction anyway. I'm definitely more careful around turns in the wet but 7 is a pretty straight shot. Part of the reason I was hauling ass was to get ahead of some pesky cars that were hosing me with spray.

You were pretty close to those cars...

You guys should try rain tires. Talk about stick in the wet! I was out on my DOT's sliding all over the place, breaking it loose coming out of 2 and 4 and 10 and 12... came in and changed to Rains and I couldn't break the tire loose. (and this on a 65hp Hawk).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    F4IGuy and I took off round 8 together with Trouble behind us in the truck, and of course, I wanted to see if the Priller could make it in the rain...bad decision...had a short somewhere and lost ALL power not 3 miles down the road! Ah well.

Props to CycleWise for hosting a great Bike Night for us, I think most everyone left with something, whether a door prize or a small purchase.
    Don't forget a huge thanks to Robbie for coming out at 8:30 in the rain with a trailer to haul the Aprilia back to safe storage. And a to the Bristol police officer who just drove by two motorcycles and a truck as we were stopped and blocking one lane of traffic in the rain on a corner at dusk. WTF? Would it have killed him to stop and roll down his window to ask if we needed assistance? I was less than impressed.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Quote Originally Posted by SVenpointsixtwo View Post
    Those BT016s are freaking EPIC in the wet though... I've never had traction issues with them and feel super confident even in torrential shit like tonight
    you and me both dude! i think the only time i've felt them move on me in wet was coming out of 3 climbing the hill at the track. but i don't push it on the road in the rain either. but good to know the traction is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    And a to the Bristol police officer who just drove by two motorcycles and a truck as we were stopped and blocking one lane of traffic in the rain on a corner at dusk. WTF? Would it have killed him to stop and roll down his window to ask if we needed assistance? I was less than impressed.
    yeah, like i said. those guys are pretty much all dueches. worthless POS excuses for cops.

What?

So the locals tend to be more friendly than the officers? We stopped for a minute once to look at a map and had 2-3 people in cages stop to ask if we were ok. That's happened a few times.

Actually after my about face I met a Bristol cop on River Rd, in the monsoon. He uhm, could have given me a hefty ticket, never even touched his brakes though. Guessing he didn't want to get out of his cage in that mess, unless he absolutely had to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123