Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

FYI: Ethanol-free 91 in Waitsfield

FYI: Ethanol-free 91 in Waitsfield

The Village Grocer on Rt. 100 in Waitsfield, Vt. is now selling ethanol-free 91-octane fuel. I stopped by this morning, $4.199/gal, which is not out of line with other 91- and 93-octane options in the MRV.

I'm curious as to where they're getting 91-octane, ethanol-free fuel, though—I was under the impression that none of the distributors were carrying that in Vermont anymore.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: FYI: Ethanol-free 91 in Waitsfield

I'd be curious also... heard of places claiming to be selling Ethanol Free only to watch them get filled from the same truck that serviced the place next door...

MTBE was a winter only additive but yeah I was under the impression the 10% ethanol was a fed requirement now.

2008 Kawasaki Versys 650
    1972 Honda CL70

The Maverick station in Malletts Bay has their non-ethanol sign out again, and the Maverick station in Middlebury has a sign up that their premium gas is non-ethanol. Guess they must have found a new supplier.

FWIW, ethanol is not a federal requirement. Lots of stations in the South are selling non-ethanol gas.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Speaking of ethanol. I just got a recall notice from Stihl, dated, 5-26-2011.
    The ethanol in the fuel is distorting parts of the fuel cap. I need to get my leave blower down to the shop to replace the fuel cap with a newly designed one that wont distort and leak fuel.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Did you know that leaf blowers do more to pollute the environment than cars? Even taking into account the difference in numbers. Your leaf blower for a weekend pollutes more than your car for a month. But hey knock yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Did you know that leaf blowers do more to pollute the environment than cars? Even taking into account the difference in numbers. Your leaf blower for a weekend pollutes more than your car for a month. But hey knock yourself out.
    so? the trees keep polluting my lawn, they started it!

"Chatbox...It's like Vegas, for your fingers."

Originally Posted by CBR_Knight
    in my own thread, let me post this:
    first of all, nothing about sex or play with a female seems interesting or arousing to me....

"BALLS" is coming home late after a night out with the guys smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say "you're next!"

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Mine might take 2 weekends.

BR 600 STIHL Magnum™ Caring For Nature

The STIHL Magnum™ professional backpack blower offers the standard STIHL proven fuel efficiency – up to 28% greater as compared to competitive models tested – and an impressive power-to-weight ratio, but with many unique enhancements. The improved engine delivers increased durability and longer life. The new nozzle is specially designed with an extended wear area to prolong equipment life, and the specially-designed nylon harness provides high wear resistance. Easy-to-adjust blower tubes offer versatility for a wide range of jobs. And as one of the cleanest-running backpack blowers in its class – with emissions 69% cleaner than current EPA requirements (as of information posted at www.epa.gov March 2009) – the STIHL Magnum™ is an environmentally responsible tool for heavy-duty leaf blowing and debris cleanup.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
    MTBE was a winter only additive but yeah I was under the impression the 10% ethanol was a fed requirement now.
    +20 years back the Feds mandated MBTE which is an oxygenate to be added to pump gas US wide to help clean up exhaust emissions. MTBE is environmentally very hazardous. A few years ago MBTE was found in ground water and over time now banned in most states including all of New England. Ethanol is the replacement oxygenate for MBTE..

Not sure in New England stations can legally sell non 10% Ethanol gas for road use.
    http://www.seco.cpa.state.tx.us/re_ethanol_mtbe.htm

ps Ethanol by volume has less than 50% of the energy of hydrocarbon gasoline, so MPG is going to suffer the more ethonal in fuel..

=

Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

Quote Originally Posted by xsiliconkid View Post
    Not sure in New England stations can legally sell non 10% Ethanol gas for road use.
    It depends on where they are. Apparently the EPA mandates ethanol in certain high-pollution areas (ie, around big cities), but more rural areas are not bound by that mandate. Vermont, being rural, is not affected. The only reason all the non-ethanol stations stopped carrying it last fall was because their supplier was no longer able to get it from Canada. Apparently they've found a new supplier.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

the other amazing fact - the ethanol it dumped in the the top of the tankers by the bucket load just before delivery..... fuel depots etc don't want the water absorbing stuff sitting in their distribution system.

Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"