Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

need some help please

need some help please

does anyone know of any small apts for rent that will let me take my dogs???? preferably in the essex, burl, winooski area, but i'll take what i can find/afford. i wouldnt normally be broadcasting my personal business in a forum like this. but i'm finding myself totally overwhelmed with the situation i have just been thrown into!! after 10 years of being in a relationship, we've decided to call it quits. we are part of the airport buyout and were supposed to sell this house we've lived in for the last 7 years to them. then buy a new place and possibly put a sizable amount of money in the bank account. turns out neither of us wants to live together anymore so we're gonna split.
    when "we" bought the place "I" gave her mom 10k cash for the downpament, then my son and i moved in with her and her 4 kids. neither of us had any credit so we had her mom get the loan. i pay half the mortgage and half the bills as well as half of any other costs involved with the household. fri my girlfriend said we had to talk, this is when i found out her mom has sold the property. my girlfriend has went on her own and is buying a condo. i'm supposed to walk away with $6k and be happy i'm getting that! oh, and i've got to be out in less than 90 days!!! i've always paid my potion of the mortgage to my girlfriend cash and the downpayment was also cash. i never asked for reciepts cause i felt i would come off like i didnt trust them-looks like i shouldnt have. anyone know if i have a leg to stand on as far as getting any money? the girlfriend said if i took it to court she would acknowledge that i gave the downpayment and paid half the morgage the whole time we lived there, but i dont want to end up losing more than i have to gain. i did get a check for 3k from her mom and should get the remainded when i move-so in a sense she has acknowledged that i'm owed something. even my girlfriend told her mom i should get at least 15 and thats low, but her mom see it otherwise as she just cashed a check for 260k to pay off a 120k note. if you made it thru this whole thing and can help with an apt or have any advise/experience with this sort of thing, i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks

regards odieoh24

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: need some help please

um...wow....sorry to hear about your situation. Not sure what to say about that.

I know it's extremely difficult to find someplace to rent with dogs. And your trying to find someplace with reasonable rent on top of that. Two rarities by themselves. Good luck trying to find both. I'm not familiar with the area, but the only time I've been able to find what your looking for is to look in a less than desirable city. Some absent slum lord type landlords don't care who moves in or if you have pets and since usually the place is a dive (or city is ) rent is cheaper. I mean, I'm drawing a blank and that's all I can think of atm. Good luck.

Hey man, sorry to hear that this has happened. My brother went apartment hunting in the fall because they neaded a place that would fit their dog. I will get in contact with them and get back to you, hopefully with some helpfull info. In the mean time, i know that the only way they actually found a place was by going around and looking for the "for rent" signs. don't ingore the news paper adds and all, but just getting out there and riding around is a great way to go. Do you have your bike out yet? if you do it would cost you next to nothing to go apartment hunting for the day (at least gas wise).

On a seperate note, do you know about the Vermont Bike Night at Donny's Pizzaria in Winooski? I know it's not related in the apartment hunt, but there is a group of guys (myself included) that meet up and shoot the shit every Tuesday night between like 5:30pm and 8pm. It might be a nice desrtaction from the current fiassco you have to deal with and it's a good chance to talk to others that have a common interest. Anywho i wish you the best of luck with the whole situation and i'll get back to you over the next few days when i hear back from my brothers.

GT2

What night is Burlington BIKE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Parker...Odieoh has been to bike night a bunch of times.

Hey man give me a PM, My wife is a property manager, She might have something.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Rockin' the West Coast... Femmekat's Avatar

Sorry about what's going on... I went through a divorce with 120 horses to "disperse".... Being in transition is never easy with pets. I would search craigslist for pet friendly apts.... its not as hard as people make it out to be. I have 4 dogs and 3 cats in a nice apartment in the middle of downtown Boston... and people said it couldn't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I dunno, you dress too fashionably to be a communist
    LRRS Novice #629
    I ride/drive:
    2000 Yamaha R6
    1996 F-350 4x4 diesel truck
    and anything else with serious hp

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Parker...Odieoh has been to bike night a bunch of times.
    that's what i get for only starting to show up to bike night at the end of last season

GT2

What night is Burlington BIKE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AHAMAYs2 View Post
    that's what i get for only starting to show up to bike night at the end of last season
    But you certainly are acting like you have been here longer.

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Sucks to hear that man. Don't mind if I ask, but what do you consider affordable rent? There's some places near me (north end burlington near winooski) that are around $1k for a 2-br. Craigslist or 7days is the way to go in my opinion, keep checking and something will pop up!

SVenpointsixtwo
    2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

[QUOTE=AHAMAYs2;878498]
    On a seperate note, do you know about the Vermont Bike Night at Donny's Pizzaria in Winooski? I know it's not related in the apartment hunt, but there is a group of guys (myself included) that meet up and shoot the shit every Tuesday night between like 5:30pm and 8pm. QUOTE]

Oh, and also unrelated, but there is also a Girl that goes now too.....

You might also be able to look for houses to rent in colchester/essex/milton area. There were a few on craigslist around 800, and if you wanted to get a roommate it would be quite affordable.

I spoke to odieoh24 last night.

In the time since his post he found a sweet 3-bedroom place that allows pets and he has use of a garage as well.

He's psyched!

Quote Originally Posted by catamount View Post
    I spoke to odieoh24 last night.

In the time since his post he found a sweet 3-bedroom place that allows pets and he has use of a garage as well.

He's psyched!
    He definately looked happier.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X