Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

And he's down, Count it!

And he's down, Count it!

Wow so holy shit, i dumped my bike last night at midnight.

I had worked at Jolly's my other job yesterday as well so i was on the tired side when i got out of Big Lots. I started up the bike and went to turn left to exit the parking lot, I forgot that when it's cold and the tires aren't warmed up, there is very little traction. The bike laid down on the left side and went sliding away from me and i (thankfully) tucked and rolled as a natural reaction. I did open my eyes after i hit the ground and saw my bike sliding away from me shooting huge sparks. The whole experience was just like mark had said,
    Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    It's a totally surreal experience to be sliding along the street watching my bike sliding nearby.
    --mark
    I walked away with no phisical damage to myself other than a bruise on my arm. I feel extreemly lucky to have been able to stand up, pick my bike up, and just ride home. Although the ride home was interesting because my left foot peg snapped off when the bike went down so i was shifting in air and then i would rest my foor on my passenger peg.

I looked at my bike this morning and i think for the most part aside from mostly cosmetic stuff, the only serious damage was my left peg snapping off, my left mirrior broken and bent, and my clutch handel being bent (can some one help me try to either bend it back or replace it, it's extreemly uncomfortable to ride with)

Anywho, i took the morning off from work and i moved my passenger peg up to replace the foot peg for my left foot. It's a little different but it should work fine. Anywho... thanks for stoping by my thread.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Tougher than a lion Sportygurl131's Avatar

Re: And he's down, Count it!

THANKFULLY YOUR OK!!! AND IM sure many people can help get ur bike in tip top shape!

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto
    Subaru love is so sweet.
    qoute from a fellow nesrian

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

Alright, that's enough. The Vermont contingent has gotten awfully lucky lately, we need to stop having close calls. Glad you are ok!

Thanks Pete

Welcome to the club! Glad you are ok, and that it was just a minor spill. I wish I could say it gets easier as time goes on, but crashing will always suck.

Quote Originally Posted by AHAMAYs2 View Post
    Thanks Pete

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Part of the hazard of riding so late in the season is paying ALOT of attention to traction.

I slid the front the other day on some gravel on the 998 and just a little while later the rear stepped out under power.

The only thing that saved me was experience and LUCK.

I am putting the Duc up today. If you need help with the lever I will try... Just know that most likely you will break it when trying to bend it.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Thanks Pete

Glad you're ok! Sorry you had to learn the lesson the hard way. Last October I stepped my rear out mid corner in front of my mom in her car. Cold rubber and getting too greedy with the throttle. I kept it rubber side down, but I'll be careful in the cold for a few more years. She was unimpressed.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Glad you're ok! Sorry you had to learn the lesson the hard way. Last October I stepped my rear out mid corner in front of my mom in her car. Cold rubber and getting too greedy with the throttle. I kept it rubber side down, but I'll be careful in the cold for a few more years. She was unimpressed.
    I stepped the 900ss out in front of Rebecca when I took it out for it's maiden voyage for the year. I was like (head nod) "Watch this Honey" Whacked the throttle and stepped the rear out a good 3 feet. Kept it up and took off.

Came back to her yelling at me and telling me to be careful. I was like, "I meant to do that"

Oh and another little tip. DO NOT "ARMOR ALL" YOUR TIRES! That was the cause of my first highside.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Posting Freak

Damn man, i always worry about you and adam when you blast up the circle after bike night. It's always cold as shit and you two get into it pretty well going up that hill. But i'm glad you are okay, everyone has to dump their bike, or so im told, so at least you got yours out of the way.

I did have my tire step out a few times from me this season, usualy after making the right from between spinner place and keens crossings to go to the mobile station it happened. Scary as piss and i was lucky to keep it up. A tip of advice, run your tires 2-4psi lower then normal and it'll make the tires warm up quicker.

2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Ebony Edition
    Miles my first (this) season: 5800
    KAWASAKI RULES WOOOOO!

Wow, two of us in four days... Not good.

Glad you're okay, Parker.

And yeah, what Doc said... if you try to bend that clutch lever back, it'll probably snap. I discovered that after dumping my XRL in the mud in the woods one day. Had to ride home with a stubby little two-inch front brake lever as a result of trying to straighten it.

--mark

Last edited by markbvt; 11-30-09 at 10:01 AM.
    '20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Glad you're okay man. Bring it by the garage and I'll get you all fixed up. But no more tossing it across the parking lot okay? Though I suppose as far as choosing places to dump your bike that is probably a better choice then the road.

Yeah, I stepped the back end out one day when the tire wasn't all warmed up. Right in front of my house too. Swung it to the right to point where my whole body was pivoted to stay on with me hanging into the middle as hard as I could in the hopes of keeping it up, over corrected, swung left almost as far and finally pulled it back in without dumping it. Yeah, heard about that from the wife, the neighbor etc.... the really cool squigs down the road were a dead give away too that I did something wrong....

Glad you're alright! Lots of get offs for the VTers this year. Although Freak makes up about 80% of them....

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Oh and another little tip. DO NOT "ARMOR ALL" YOUR TIRES! That was the cause of my first highside.
    This is epic. This is my new signature.

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Wow, two of us in four days... Not good.

Glad you're okay, Parker.

And yeah, what Doc said... if you try to bend that clutch lever back, it'll probably snap. I discovered that after dumping my XRL in the mud in the woods one day. Had to ride home with a stubby little two-inch front brake lever as a result of trying to straighten it.

--mark
    Yeah dude, don't bend it. Bring it by my garage, tell ginger twin 1 that if he wants to bring that header he wanted welded by too you can both swing by tonight. I'll use the torch on the clutch lever so it doesn't snap. May not be as pretty but it will work just fine. At worst I probably have a spare in a box somewhere.

Glad you are ok. And just get a new lever. They are cheap as fawk.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Glad you are ok. And just get a new lever. They are cheap as fawk.
    lol, agreed, though you probably haven't seen his bike, lol.... I seem to recall there being duct tape on it at one point... or was I imagining that Parker?

Hey, don't talk shit about duct tape -- my duct tape reinforced turn signal turned out to be a lot more durable than the stock one.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    lol, agreed, though you probably haven't seen his bike, lol.... I seem to recall there being duct tape on it at one point... or was I imagining that Parker?
    Nope I have not had the privilege. But that lever from PU is only $8.95

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

yeah, cold tires are not fun. Was being a dumb squid saturday, hit the gas to power wheelie and instead did a 100ft rolling burnout down the street. woops. so that is what happens when the back tire doesnt hook up.

slippery days these are! oh and leaves dont help!

Don't Fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

NEW STREET/TRACK: 2007.5 Aprilia Tuono
    STREET/TRACK: '08 CBR600RR (SOLD)
    '07 VFR800 (SOLD)

So, i'm totally down for buying a new handle, but can i find one on a monday? Oh, and no there is no ducttape on my bike...

Jason, what time can i swing by tonight? depending on the time could i crash at your place, i hate riding in the dark w/o dash lights.

Thanks everyone for the addvice and making sure that i'm not alone in my sliding experience, made me feel better to see i wasn't the only one at bike night other than bill that has gone down.

Glad it wasn't worse

Clutch lever will probably need to be replaced. I have broken off 2 clutch levers already after I tried to straighten them out. Both bikes I bought used & clutch levers were bent. My main bike has a "shorty" lever, as I'm not able to find a black one. But I got very used to the short lever.

You're better off spending the $10 and get a new one.
    I just put a new one on my enduro Thursday, done in 10 minutes.

The left peg, same deal...10 mins job.
    I'm in Essex and can help if you need.

Last edited by Icehole; 11-30-09 at 01:03 PM.

So, i'm totally down for buying a new handle, but can i find one on a monday? Oh, and no there is no ducttape on my bike...

Jason, what time can i swing by tonight? depending on the time could i crash at your place, i hate riding in the dark w/o dash lights.

Thanks everyone for the addvice and making sure that i'm not alone in my sliding experience, made me feel better to see i wasn't the only one at bike night other than bill that has gone down.

Anytime after 6 is fine. Yeah, you can crash at my place. Don't blame you on the dash lights there.

Try roadside for a new lever or *gag* land air; they are right near you.

Quote Originally Posted by Icehole View Post
    Glad it wasn't worse

Clutch lever will probably need to be replaced. I have broken off 2 clutch levers already after I tried to straighten them out. Both bikes I bought used & clutch levers were both bent.
    You're better off spending the $10 and get a new one.
    I just put a new one on my endure Thursday, done in 10 minutes.

The left peg, same deal...10 mins job.
    I'm in Essex and can help if you need.
    Where did you get the peg and lever? Local or Online?

I got the lever at Cyclewise, as I had placed an order with them for a front fender tool bag. They happened to have one in stock, so I said why not? Looks like I'm changing a clutch lever.
    I haven't changed a peg, but I think it's just 2 bolts.
    Finding one pronto will be the hard part. I really like Roadside, BC Moto & Cyclewise seemed cool (that was my 1st purchase w/ them), but they were very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

haha! I mean sorry...no, actually I mean
    Glad you're fine.

Last edited by Icehole; 11-30-09 at 01:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast