Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hey from Stowe

Re: Hey from Stowe

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYDUCK View Post
    Here John, read all about it.

http://www.gablesinn.com/

You don't want to know how many pieces of bacon " Yogi " got out of me.

Randy has always been very biker friendly even before he ever bought a bike.
    Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Performance: 1397 JE bigbore, Dual Intake cams, Adjustable cam spockets, Sm air box mod,Pc3 usb,Ingnition box w/hub, and Lcd screen, Hindle stepped race header, Dual Fans, 24 volt starting
    Suspension & Brakes: Ohlins road and track forks, Ohlins rear shock, Sprint top mount dampner, PRM top clamp, Dymag Carbon mags, Brembo HP rotors, Brembo Hp radial calipers,
    Show & GO: Topgun undertail, Libertek led lights, Pazzo lever, PMR Switches & Kill,PMR cover. Revolution Custom Paint, Harris Grips.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post
    I've been inside your Inn before and its very nice. My mother re-did a few rooms for the owners (maybe it was you) a few years back and I was helping her.
    jcbell, did you and your mom hang some wallpaper for us about 8 years ago?

Posting Freak

Welcome and now I know where to stay when I do a overnighter to ride the infamous Rt-17....

Welcome! Beautiful inn, adorable dog, and great rates, too! Look forward to checking it out and doing business with a fellow rider and NESRian.

Hope to meet you at Bike Night soon!

"And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey

Quote Originally Posted by ranette View Post
    That's where I found myself last Sunday, definitely a nice leisurely ride. Another road that I really like is 100c from Hyde Park to Johnson. Only a few miles long, some nice sweeping turns but nothing serious; the thing I love about it so much is the road surface. It is absolutely pristine, like skiing 8" of fresh powder on top of a groomed base. Don't know when it was last paved but they really did a great job.

By the way everybody, thanks for the warm welcome. Even you Tim.
    I've got an offer on a house on that road. they paved it just last summer, and it really needed it. just be carefull because it IS patrolled and some of those turns really beg to be ridden at just slightly ultralegal speeds

theres just something about a blue bike

i don't remember what it was that she did but that was probably it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post
    i don't remember what it was that she did but that was probably it.
    That must have been you. It was around 8 years ago and you were in your Freshman year at college. The really, really funny thing about this is that the reason we went out and found your mother is because we had a friend who said he knew how to hang paper. About 2 weeks after he started the job there was one crooked sheet of paper up and god knows how many rolls of paper crumpled in the trash; we realized this wasn't going to work out. That friend, the man now known as Timmyduck. Small freaking world. Your mom, with a little help from you, had it done in about 2 days.

That must have been you. It was around 8 years ago and you were in your Freshman year at college. The really, really funny thing about this is that the reason we went out and found your mother is because we had a friend who said he knew how to hang paper. About 2 weeks after he started the job there was one crooked sheet of paper up and god knows how many rolls of paper crumpled in the trash; we realized this wasn't going to work out. That friend, the man now known as Timmyduck. Small freaking world. Your mom, with a little help from you, had it done in about 2 days.
    Geez, Randy you must have forgotton that Tonner and I did all the hard work of steaming and scraping the walls clean of the old stuff, you asked us for the help on that project, I never said I could hang the stuff .

TIMMYDUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Do both and make up your own mind!

Where is your Inn? Maybe we can get the bike night crew to ride down!
    Yeah. My friends on Harleys want to come up and share a few kegs and kick some ass. Maybe stand out front with show your tits signs.

Geez, Randy you must have forgotton that Tonner and I did all the hard work of steaming and scraping the walls clean of the old stuff, you asked us for the help on that project, I never said I could hang the stuff .
    Now that you mention it I do remember you guys steaming and scraping. Just thought that it was funny that who do I find on this board but the guy who came in to help finish it up.

Now that you mention it I do remember you guys steaming and scraping. Just thought that it was funny that who do I find on this board but the guy who came in to help finish it up.
    He's good people too , rode with him last year .

I'll defintly be around for a ride, that starts at the Gables Inn with breakfast ,

TIMMYDUCK

Ranette,

I live over in the mad river valley and was thinking of taking a trip over to stowe for some breakfast on Saturday. What time do you guys open?

I'm glad that you liked her work. She had lots of it until it started taking a toll on her body. Wrist and shoulder problems pretty much sidelined her business and she couldn't keep up with the demand. She'll be happy to know you liked her work though so I'll pass it on.

I always got pulled in to help her. I don't have the talent to do it but I was an extra set of hands. I picked up on some of the trade but not nearly as good as she was.

Quote Originally Posted by ducster View Post
    Ranette,

I live over in the mad river valley and was thinking of taking a trip over to stowe for some breakfast on Saturday. What time do you guys open?
    Ducster,

We'll be open from 8-Noon. You can take a look at our breakfast menu at http://www.gablesinn.com/uploads/docs/bkfstmenu1.pdf and, what the hell, as long as I'm shilling, here are our two specials.

Almond Crusted French Toast surrounded by fresh strawberries and drizzled with strawberry maple syrup and white chocolate ganache.

and

Mexican Eggs Benedict made with cumin crusted ham and chipotle hollandaise, garnished with a few drops of house made tomatillo salsa and fresh cilantro.

If this shameless advertisement is against board rules, sorry I won't do it again.

If this shameless advertisement is against board rules, sorry I won't do it again.

It's don't think so just as long as you provide the new NESR discount.

P.S. Specials sound good.

TIMMYDUCK

Since I impugned Timmyduck's wallpaper hanging ability I should mention that I had a beat up old F 150 that Tim kept running for me, as a courtesy-he never charged for his time, long after it should have been retired to the heap.

So when are you free on weekends to go out with us, when we start a ride out of your place ?

After 1 p.m or could you take off with us at like 9 or 10 ?

TIMMYDUCK

ranette, welcome to the board. I work in Stowe not far from you. If you ever want to get out for a midweek lunch time ride, shoot me a PM.

I'll be stopping by soon to have some Mexican eggs bene, sounds awesome.

So when are you free on weekends to go out with us, when we start a ride out of your place ?

After 1 p.m or could you take off with us at like 9 or 10 ?
    Weekends are pretty tough for me. In general, my schedule is the opposite of the rest of the world. Sometimes I can get out later in the afternoon, but that means we're really empty, not a good thing. Most of my riding is mid week afternoons and evenings. So I'd be happy to send everybody off with a belly full of good food, unfortunately I probably wouldn't be able to join you for a ride.

Weekends are pretty tough for me. In general, my schedule is the opposite of the rest of the world. Sometimes I can get out later in the afternoon, but that means we're really empty, not a good thing. Most of my riding is mid week afternoons and evenings. So I'd be happy to send everybody off with a belly full of good food, unfortunately I probably wouldn't be able to join you for a ride.
    That's how I figured your schedule still was.

Maybe a Tuesday night and head up to Donnie's for bike night ?

TIMMYDUCK

That's how I figured your schedule still was.

Maybe a Tuesday night and head up to Donnie's for bike night ?

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    I'll definitely make it to Donnie's the first Tuesday night that I have free.

F'in A!

And you can best your Sport 1000 that Ill be up for some of that Mexicano Benedicto!!!

Last edited by MotoFreak; 07-17-09 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Had lots of coffee today, hence my poor Hispanic reference...looking back now its kinda dumb and cheesy, but Ill leave it.
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    Of course, we will def. be over for breakfast! Slyder and I like getting up for early breakfast rides (right Corey).
    Absolutely. Nothing like sitting around the table like zombies with the million mile stare going on, conscious enough to realize we need food and caffeine but not sure how the hell we got to where we are. Scary part is, it involved riding motersickles with a shit ton of power to said location. It's the bomb

But yea. NEK ride sometime, meet up in Waterbury then head for Stowe

If anybody does come in for breakfast make sure to mention to your waitress(50/50 she's my wife), that you heard about us on NESR. That way if she gives me any grief for spending my day on the internet, I can say, legitimately, that I'm trying to bring people in for breakfast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast