Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

LOCAL CRASH< UNKOWN RIDER DOWN

LOCAL CRASH< UNKOWN RIDER DOWN

curly blond hair, cruiser, probably female, skunk hollow and river road. more details to follow.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    theres just something about a blue bike

Re: LOCAL CRASH< UNKOWN RIDER DOWN

Jason called me with this info, I was not there, I was just near both a phone and a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by imkindafkedup View Post
    Its a sunday. There were probably a dozen motorcycle accidents in new england alone. Do you wonder why there aren't 11 other posts today about an accident that happened somewhere at some time today?
    VT is a little smaller, a lot of us know each other. If we see something like this then posting it up lets people know and those who pray can do so or keep them in their thoughts or whatever. Either way around here odds are good someone knows them so when a rider here's sees a rider down... That's why it was posted in the VERMONT section not the general one.

Quote Originally Posted by imkindafkedup View Post
    Was it someone that you knew and are just posting to get our thoughts and prayers? No.
    Might be, we don't know yet, either way good for people here to know.

If you don't care then tough shit, ignore the post and don't be a troll.

So, details, around 5:50 tonight came around the corner to see a group of bikers, mostly cruisers though I believe some were sportier. Skid marks into the guard rail and I'm guessing the bike flipped over it as it was not visible and there appeared to be impact points. EMT's were just barely arriving on scene and the rider was in the brush and woods area not moving. Long blondish brown hair. Not sure if the rider was female.

Either way, this post is to let people know in case it is someone they know, and either way so they can keep the rider in their thoughts and/or prayers.

Second reason is just a heads up to riders in that area that the road section on river road as you are heading towards the intersection onto 89 has a few corners with some sediment and crap that could cause hazards.

Oh, and anyone that has a problem with this being posted, kindly stay out of the post. We have had enough instances around here were the rider WAS one of our own.... besides I'm sure the rider wouldn't mind some thoughts and prayers even if he/she doesn't know you.

Last edited by yesterdayze; 09-25-11 at 08:12 PM.

I watched a guy on a Harley kill himself last night. It'll probably be on WCAX tomorrow.

Never before have I seen anyone ride a motorcycle with such idiocy, negligence and a complete disregard for human life.

What a complete waste of a life. With the large amount of peoples lives he put in danger (myself included) I am glad he didn't hurt anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    VT is a little smaller, a lot of us know each other. If we see something like this then posting it up lets people know and those who pray can do so or keep them in their thoughts or whatever. Either way around here odds are good someone knows them so when a rider here's sees a rider down... That's why it was posted in the VERMONT section not the general one.

Might be, we don't know yet, either way good for people here to know.

If you don't care then tough shit, ignore the post and don't be a troll.

So, details, around 5:50 tonight came around the corner to see a group of bikers, mostly cruisers though I believe some were sportier. Skid marks into the guard rail and I'm guessing the bike flipped over it as it was not visible and there appeared to be impact points. EMT's were just barely arriving on scene and the rider was in the brush and woods area not moving. Long blondish brown hair. Not sure if the rider was female.

Either way, this post is to let people know in case it is someone they know, and either way so they can keep the rider in their thoughts and/or prayers.

Second reason is just a heads up to riders in that area that the road section on river road as you are heading towards the intersection onto 89 has a few corners with some sediment and crap that could cause hazards.

Oh, and anyone that has a problem with this being posted, kindly stay out of the post. We have had enough instances around here were the rider WAS one of our own.... besides I'm sure the rider wouldn't mind some thoughts and prayers even if he/she doesn't know you.

Slyder - WCAX website reported a fatal motorcycle accident in Bradford, VT. (no details)

That would be the one. There's 3 articles on different news sites, they seem to conflict though. And they all say head-on crash but it was not, the side of the mini-van was dung up, not the front.

I wish he had lived, but I don't think him being arrested and charged with gross negligent operation would have phased him too much. The first time I saw him riding this bike he was damn near out of control. The second time I saw him riding his bike he had seconds to live.

Given the day, vermonster 4x4 was getting over for the evening and the plethora of people, vehicles and traffic everywhere, I for the life of me can't figure out why any sane person would do what this guy did.

That sucks. People need to realize that their actions effect a lot more people than just themselves.... the people they injure, the bad name they give other riders, in this case the family they leave behind to mourn..... it's no good....

I haven't seen the article for this one yet today. Was in Jericho technically I believe... could be considered Essex or Williston though as that part of the road curves through both from what I can see on the map....

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    That sucks. People need to realize that their actions effect a lot more people than just themselves.... the people they injure, the bad name they give other riders, in this case the family they leave behind to mourn..... it's no good....

I haven't seen the article for this one yet today. Was in Jericho technically I believe... could be considered Essex or Williston though as that part of the road curves through both from what I can see on the map....
    if its at the intersection its jericho, essex starts around the curve a bit, richmond is considerably further, past barbra farm road.

MONTPELIER — Vermont State Police reported that a Topsham man was killed in a motor vehicle accident in Bradford on Saturday when his motorcycle hit an oncoming car head on.

According to police, Leander R. McLam, 42, was pronounced dead after he was airlifted to the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center following the crash.

Following an investigation, police determined McLam was operating his 2011 Harley Davidson at a high rate of speed in the oncoming lane of travel when he collided head on with a 2009 Dodge Journey operated by Nancy Frost of East Corinth. Witnesses told troopers the motorcycle had been passing vehicles on the center line just prior to the crash. McLam was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.

Police are still investigating the crash to determine if there were any other contributing factors.

TIMMYDUCK

What a senseless waste...

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-