Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Motorcycle track dispute arises in Jericho

Re: Motorcycle track dispute arises in Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by SSearchVT View Post
    More than likely - it's not Vermonters that are doing the bitching...

I had a woman try to rip me a new one in my own front yard because my lawn mowing attire (soccer shorts, and sneakers) 'was unacceptable for Westchester'... She was using her friends vacation house for the weekend and would have appreciated not having to hear the noise while she was there.
    That's when I'd start mowing the lawn either naked or in a thong. . . and not on a riding mower, I'd use the oldest push mower I could find and make sure that the muffler was missing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

People keep outlawing (or at least trying) physical activites and they wonder why America is getting so fat.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post
    People keep outlawing (or at least trying) physical activites and they wonder why America is getting so fat.
    And they wonder why kids get into trouble... Yes - dirt bikes can be noisy and raise dust. The track they're talking about (like most MX tracks) is out in the boonies. After dark no ones riding there.

The people that bitch about this stuff are the same ones that bitch about the manure smell in the spring when it's being spread on the fields, and the chainsaw noise when people are taking in wood. They don't want anything to disrupt their Country Experience.

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

The people that bitch about this stuff are the same ones that bitch about the manure smell in the spring when it's being spread on the fields, and the chainsaw noise when people are taking in wood. They don't want anything to disrupt their Country Experience.
    Don't you just love city people who move out to the country and then get pissed off at country people for doing the things country people do...

Asshats.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Then she told me to fetch the home owner so she could talk to them...

I would have said, "Don't you worry your pretty little head over this missy. Why don't you ask your husband to come over so he and I can have a talk about why you're out of the kitchen talking to strange men."

Sam

I get so sick of everyone trying to impose their own ideals on other people. You don't like it then get lost. Every new law, every new thing you need a permit for or permission for etc is just another erosion of our illusion of freedom. Yes, there is a common sense point, but we are so far beyond that it is shocking.

I can to some degree see telling the guy he can't be over a certain decibel when heard FROM the neighbors house. Honestly, I find that minorly pushing it but am willing to concede to that. Dust is dust, unless it is making the air unbreathable and settling in huge amounts everywhere then well guess what, it is the great outdoors. Deal. I tend to doubt it is any huge amount of dust.

Good grief. I would have started in 'cold calm' mode if some lady bugged me about my mowing attire and would have then proceeded to go slowly ballistic on her.

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    I get so sick of everyone trying to impose their own ideals on other people. You don't like it then get lost. Every new law, every new thing you need a permit for or permission for etc is just another erosion of our illusion of freedom. Yes, there is a common sense point, but we are so far beyond that it is shocking.

I can to some degree see telling the guy he can't be over a certain decibel when heard FROM the neighbors house. Honestly, I find that minorly pushing it but am willing to concede to that. Dust is dust, unless it is making the air unbreathable and settling in huge amounts everywhere then well guess what, it is the great outdoors. Deal. I tend to doubt it is any huge amount of dust.

Good grief. I would have started in 'cold calm' mode if some lady bugged me about my mowing attire and would have then proceeded to go slowly ballistic on her.
    I think that's the part of the story we don't see here. We jump to the conclusion that they're being whiny bitches cause it effects our sport but we really don't know how much effect it's having on the people that live next to the guy.

I can say one thing, if I lived in my house for a few years and then one day on a Sunday I'm woken up by the sound of a 2 stroke full bore next door to me, I'm not really gonna be happy.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    I think that's the part of the story we don't see here. We jump to the conclusion that they're being whiny bitches cause it effects our sport but we really don't know how much effect it's having on the people that live next to the guy.

I can say one thing, if I lived in my house for a few years and then one day on a Sunday I'm woken up by the sound of a 2 stroke full bore next door to me, I'm not really gonna be happy.
    True, and that's why I can see a decibel from the neighbors test -though I maintain that there are certain times of the day when it should be different. EG 9pm - 9am 30db max, the rest of the time 90db max. Those are just random numbers - 30db is pretty quiet, 90db is pretty loud. Dunno... just a thought

That seems reasonable but you also have to think of who determines the limit, ya know. If grandma has a say in it you're at 20db max all the time lol.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Don't move next to me

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

God, if we can't even tolerate a little mx, then we're doomed. We have internalized the oppressor!

Paul_E_D

The noise would be less of an issue if people would leave their bikes quiet, and quiet down the factory MX bikes.
    Living on a dirtroad now, and growing up across from a gravel pit, I can tell you dust travels more than one would think and is very annoying.

Both noise and dust issues can be controled by whoever owns the track.

And I can say, I sure wouldn't want it in my backyard...that's why when my neighbor and I build our track, it'll be on his side

Yamaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12