Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Motorcyclist Killed in Crash - Bolton, VT

Re: Motorcyclist Killed in Crash - Bolton, VT

So a friend of mine is a state trooper and he was first on scene of the crash. The deceased had purchased his bike 5 days before getting hit. I saw photos of the bike and it was a tangled mess. Trooper said the rider was trying to avoid being hit but didn't have anywhere to go.

And here's the kicker....the drugged-out driver came by the trooper barracks and my friend said he had only minor scratches, etc. and seemed completely unaffected by the fact that he killed someone. WTF?! Rot in hell scumbag.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
    Rot in hell scumbag.
    "Scumbag" is an understatement. HUGE understatement.

What?

The man killed in this crash was my boyfriend,my best friend, my one great love. It helps to know that people care. May you all ride safe.

Littering and........

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Devarney View Post
    The man killed in this crash was my boyfriend,my best friend, my one great love. It helps to know that people care. May you all ride safe.
    Thanks for stopping in to this site. Please stay, and if you still ride, hook up for a ride.

So sorry for your loss.

My deepest condolences for your loss. Please know that a lot of people here are thinking about you.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    My deepest condolences for your loss. Please know that a lot of people here are thinking about you.

--mark
    Well said Mark.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Unhappy Re: Motorcyclist Killed in Crash - Bolton, VT

It seems like Mark lived a really full life and I'm so sorry that it was cut short.

I was touched by the last line of his obituary: As Mark would say, Fair Winds and Following Sea's to you all.

My heart goes out to you. Thank you for your post and I hope that you, as well as his children, can all find some peace.

Mark A. Towle, 47, of Barre, and formerly of St. Johnsbury, died Monday morning June 8, 2009, in Burlington, following an accident with his motorcycle in Bolton.

He was born June 3, 1962, in St. Johnsbury, the son of Robert and Lucille (Lanphere) Towle. In 1980 he graduated from St. Johnsbury Academy.

In 1982 he enlisted in the US Navy where he served 26 years earning many medals, ribbons, and citations. At his retirement, Mark was a Senior Chief Petty Officer, and was the Senior enlisted leader at the Naval Ambulatory Care Center in Sub-base, New London, Conn. While in the US Navy, Mark earned a Bachelors degree in Health Care Management from TRURO University.

Recently Mark worked for EDS in Williston where he was an investigator for the Healthcare Industry. He enjoyed fishing, skiing, softball, spending time with his family, and coaching his daughter's softball team while in North Carolina.

Survivors include his two sons, Nicholas Towle of Jacksonville, N.C., and Landon Towle of New Bern, N.C.; his daughter, Macy Towle of Barre; his companion, Tamara Devarney of Barre; his parents, Robert and Lucille Towle of Waterford; his brother, Ricky Towle of Waterford; his best friend, Gary Turner of St. Johnsbury; Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and many good friends.

Funeral services with Military Honors will be held Friday June 12, at 11 a.m., at the Sayles Funeral Home with the Rev. Ann Hockridge officiating. Friends may call on the family one hour prior to the start of the service beginning at 10 a.m.

Donations made in his memory may be directed to, Mark A. Towle Memorial Fund, (for his children's education fund) C/O Passumpsic Savings Bank, P. O. Box 38, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819.

As Mark would say, Fair Winds and Following Sea's to you all.

Thanks for the support. June 3rd was Marks birthday & he bought himself the bike. He came home & i hopped on. I never had a more content moment,riding along,my arms tightly around my Baby. He was a very happy man in that moment & all was right in our world. Days later we kissed goodbye told each other I love you Baby and my life was shattered. My new mantra is "what the fuck?" I just don't get this.

As a fellow vet I offer my condolences.

As someone who has also had a loved one taken from them too soon I offer my wisdom.

Time is the only thing that will heal your heart. It takes a long time but it does come. Do not give up hope, Do not beat yourself up, it is not what he would have wanted.

A song that helped me.

When can my heart beat again?
    When does the pain ever end?
    When do the tears stop from running over?
    When does you'll get over it begin?

I hear what you're sayin'
    But I swear that it's not making sense
    So when can I see you?

When can I see you again?
    And when can I breathe once again?
    And when can I see you again?

When does my someday begin?
    When I'll find someone again?
    And what if I still am not truly over?
    What am I supposed to do then?

Please hear what I'm sayin'
    Even if, if it's not making sense
    So when can I see you?

And when can I breathe once again?
    And when can I see you again?

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

RIP and my deepest condolences.

Please do keep us in touch with what happens to the scumbag.

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride would do.

I'm very sorry you found this site under these circumstances.

My heart and sympathy goes out to you, Tamara. I'm sure I speak for all here when I say you have our support should you ever need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bergs View Post
    I'm very sorry you found this site under these circumstances.

My heart and sympathy goes out to you, Tamara. I'm sure I speak for all here when I say you have our support should you ever need it.
    +1 and I live in Barre if I can help. Regards, Jake

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

I didn't know Mark was prior Navy. I am usually lost for words when it comes to these threads, just breaks my heart to have a fellow service member, and motorcyclist gone. My deepest condolences and sympathy as well Tamara. You, Mark, and your families are in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bergs View Post
    The members of this forum are an amazing group of individuals, Tamara, and Bergs does speak for all of us, especially in Vermont. Please to not hesitate to ask for anything.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Tamara,

Not much can be said that hasn't been said. Times like this make even the kindest words sound hollow no doubt, but as so many have said you have our thoughts, support and prayers for peace in this difficult time. God keep you and give you grace to work through this.

-Jason

Thanks guys I really can't tell you how much it means. Strange that I don't know any of you but I feel you all are sort of a band of brothers & that you are behind me. I came upon this site quite by accident & I'm glad I found it. I will keep you all posted as to the bastard that did this.I plan to have a front row seat. Mark always told me that when I got fired up I could be worse than anything he came across in Iraq. Obviously a joke but I have never felt rage like I do now. No it won't bring him back but this man needs to know what he did. He has to live with this for the rest of his life but it is nothing compared to our loss. Anyway thank you for including me here. Peace to you guys

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

My sincerest condolences, this sucks in the most brutal of ways. DUI is bullshit. I can only pray it’s the “hold him for now” charge while they build the case for negligent homicide, homicide by MV or whatever they can in these circumstances. In the event this rat bastard doesn’t spend the rest of his life in jail, which he most certainly should but unfortunately likely will not, please peruse a civil case with the best attorney you can find.

When he does get out of jail he should spend the rest of his life paying for this. I know the money won’t bring Mark back, but perhaps it will eventually set in the with scumbag that hit him. I’d like to see serious jailtime, followed by a lifetime of wage garnishment trying to pay the civil settlement levied against him.

Again, my deepest condolences Tamara. You’re right to say we’re like a family and a band of brothers here. Don’t hesitate to ask if there’s anything you need, I think you’ll be surprised how quickly offers are extended.

Here is something ive written (yes i wrote this myself haha) for moments like this and just motorcycle riders in general.

We ride through the rain and cold.
    You see us under the overpass, waiting.
    Millions of us gear up and ride.
    We are the unknown family.

You look at us safely through your cages.
    Not checking twice for that brother, father, son.
    For those mothers, daughters, sisters.
    Knowingly not signaling, you scare us.

Our two wheels move our soul, your four wheels kill.
    We ride for that smile, not the glory.
    That smile through a few twisties here and there.
    As your kids stop and smile, we smile for ours.

This is very sad. The guy who hit the biker is my friend from more than ten years ago, but I have not

1. found any further follow up? Did he lose his license? Did they find he was DUI? Nothing in the press.

2. strange, the biker Mark Towle had no Obit published anywhere on the web, including Times-Argus? Why ?

I could speculate on what happened, that would be useless. It was tragic for all families involved.
    Does anyone have any up dates? The blood test surely by now has come back.

Last edited by Doc; 08-20-09 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catmandoo View Post
    This is very sad. The guy who hit the biker is my friend from more than ten years ago, but I have not

1. found any further follow up? Did he lose his license? Did they find he was DUI? Nothing in the press.

2. strange, the biker Mark Towle had no Obit published anywhere on the web, including Times-Argus? Why ?

I could speculate on what happened, that would be useless. It was tragic for all families involved.
    Does anyone have any up dates? The blood test surely by now has come back.

I think the tragedy here is the loss of life. Other families involved have no tragedy to deal with.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Tamara, so sorry for your loss, this thread (and similar past experiences) give me chills, and remind me to appreciate every day we have with those we love. May Mark Rest In Peace.

CCS/LRRS #83

I went to the arraignment on Tuesday the charge is "gross negligence-fatality resulting". As far as I knew the guy had 2 meds. on him but tox. came back & there were 4 meds in his system. Unreal. There was a big write up in Times Argus 9/26 if anyone is interested. Take care, Tamara

Here's the link to that article:
    http://www.timesargus.com/article/20...25/1003/NEWS02

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

For those interested the motorist who crossed left of center June 9, Bolton, killing cyclist Mark Towle was arraigned on gross and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.

The Barre Times Argus story indicated a coctail of FOUR different prescription drugs were found in Mr. Punia's blood.

The drugs it appears may have been prescribed by a doctor for a mood disorder. No further information was made available.

The State had asked Punia be released under the condition he not drive until a future hearing could be held.

No information is available about the family of Mark Towle who died of blunt force injury (crushing) of his chest and abdominal organs.

Quote Originally Posted by catmandoo View Post

For those interested the motorist who crossed left of center June 9, Bolton, killing cyclist Mark Towle was arraigned on gross and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.

The Barre Times Argus story indicated a coctail of FOUR different prescription drugs were found in Mr. Punia's blood.

The drugs it appears may have been prescribed by a doctor for a mood disorder. No further information was made available.

The State had asked Punia be released under the condition he not drive until a future hearing could be held.

No information is available about the family of Mark Towle who died of blunt force injury (crushing) of his chest and abdominal organs.

He should get the chair. Fucker thinks he is innocent?!

Adderall = Used for ADHD, reported to increase alertness, concentration and overall cognitive performance while decreasing user fatigue.
    Buproprion = Antidepressant
    7-aminclonazepam (Klonopin) = Seizures, anxiety, panic. relaxant/sedative
    Citalopram = Antidepressant

Judge Ben Joseph, who presided over the arraignment hearing, noted there was no evidence in the affidavit that says whether Punia had a prescription for the drugs he had taken

Last edited by Doc; 09-01-09 at 06:45 PM.
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Tougher than a lion Sportygurl131's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Devarney View Post
    godbless you and your family godspeed your loved one

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto
    Subaru love is so sweet.
    qoute from a fellow nesrian

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast