Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One is never enough!

Re: One is never enough1

You guys make me laugh...I just took a rip up the Mtn. with the Ducati Southwest Club-which was awesome. I've been riding the T around for a few days, and though I still love the 9R, I am really beginning to like how the Tuono rides and handles, and of course, it sounds amazing! It is def. a hooligan bike that begs to be wheelied all over the place. Where the Mille just wants to go fast! It handles really well too, but different with the handle bars. I'm going to enjoy this bike very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I beg to differ. Aprillia has not been CLOSE to Ducati in detail, performance, exclusivity and race heritage until the last couple years. Ducati still has the race heritage over an Ape anyday.

I dare say Aprillia's are more rare than Ducati now though. When I got my first Duc the only other people that had them were "old guys" that should have had BMW's but hadn't let go of their youth. Now "everyone" has one.
    Ducati's unique history, and pedgiree on the race track, along with how they market the lifestyle, make it an awesome brand to buy into for a rider that is more discerning. They def. have years on Aprilia in terms of brand equity, and race performance. However, Aprilia shocked the market in 1998/99 when it released the RSV Mille 1000R. And to say that only in the last few years have their bikes been equal in fit and finish is to not know the brand. Aprilia has been building 2 of the best road going twins (Mille/Tuono) you can buy for the last decade. And if you look at how long they've been building street bikes (not that long in the grand scheme), its really apparent how serious the company approaches doing so, especially over the last 3 years.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...otorcycle.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    You guys make me laugh...I just took a rip up the Mtn. with the Ducati Southwest Club-which was awesome. I've been riding the T around for a few days, and though I still love the 9R, I am really beginning to like how the Tuono rides and handles, and of course, it sounds amazing! It is def. a hooligan bike that begs to be wheelied all over the place. Where the Mille just wants to go fast! It handles really well too, but different with the handle bars. I'm going to enjoy this bike very much!

Ducati's unique history, and pedgiree on the race track, along with how they market the lifestyle, make it an awesome brand to buy into for a rider that is more discerning. They def. have years on Aprilia in terms of brand equity, and race performance. However, Aprilia shocked the market in 1998/99 when it released the RSV Mille 1000R. And to say that only in the last few years have their bikes been equal in fit and finish is to not know the brand. Aprilia has been building 2 of the best road going twins (Mille/Tuono) you can buy for the last decade. And if you look at how long they've been building street bikes (not that long in the grand scheme), its really apparent how serious the company approaches doing so, especially over the last 3 years.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...otorcycle.html
    Not bad for a scooter company.

FYI I rode a Falco in 98 when it came out. Almost converted to Aprilla back then but stuck with Ducati.

BTW... when did you learn to wheelie?

Last edited by Doc; 11-14-10 at 07:12 PM.
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Not bad for a scooter company.

FYI I rode a Falco in 98 when it came out. Almost converted to Aprilla back then but stuck with Ducati.
    No way! BLASPHEMY!!!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    No way! BLASPHEMY!!!
    So that means I rode an Aprillia before you were riding AND I dare say knew what one was before you did.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

So that means I rode an Aprillia before you were riding AND I dare say knew what one was before you did.
    Congratulations Doc, you're old...

I didn't know about Aprilia till I say the movie Torque. My best friend who sold me my first bike wanted a Mille BAD! I never even thought about getting a bike, even when I bought my R6 I wasn't like "I want a bike!"; it was just the best deal ever. One of my first posts on NESR was an inquiry into who had a Mille for sale, and it was just by luck that Scott sold me his. I really think my first Ducati will be a 900SS !

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Re: One is never enough!

sick bike... your freaking wheel chock came back to me! Can you get fedex at your address?

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Re: One is never enough!

I have love for the Apes. More so than the Ducs

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12