Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Parker Crashed.

Parker Crashed.

He is ok and is getting final clearance at the hospital as I type this.

Details to follow.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Re: Parker Crashed.

Damn. Glad to hear he's OK, but it must have been a little serious if he wound up in the hospital. Keep us posted!

SVenpointsixtwo
    2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

Purely precautionary. He credits All the gear for saving his hide.

Sounds like a lady pulled out and hit him while he was riding through a parking lot so the speeds were not all that high.

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

On FB he says it appears nothing is broken, pending x-rays. He was in a parking lot, so low speed, hit by a car

Lemme guess, he ate the side view mirror on the way down...

I hope he's OK and she pays dearly.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post
    On FB he says it appears nothing is broken, pending x-rays. He was in a parking lot, so low speed, hit by a car
    Didn't I say that?

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Lemme guess, he ate the side view mirror on the way down...

I hope he's OK and she pays dearly.
    He should butt-fuck her into oblivion!!

Hope you and your bike aren't too bad Parker.

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Snake View Post
    Hope you and your bike aren't too bad Parker.
    No no NO! We want Parker to be okay. . . and the bike to be damaged beyond repair

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Yeah, I hope that seca is beyond recognition... so her insurance pays out 3x what it's worth and he can buy a real bike!

I had a similar situation with my old CBR. Lady pulls out; I manage to avoid hitting her, but it's still her fault; her insurance pays 1.5x the value of the bike plus the value of all my gear, damaged or not. First responders said they had never been to an accident scene where the rider was wearing that much gear! ATGATT

SVenpointsixtwo
    2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

Trouble is, that Seca won't be worth much, so whatever bike Parker ends up with won't be a huge improvement. Unless he splurges, now that he has a better-paying job.

Edit: Speaking of Parker's bike, did anyone go collect it when he got carted off to the hospital? Or is it just sitting in the parking lot where the accident happened? Or did it get towed?

--mark

Last edited by markbvt; 12-01-10 at 11:49 PM.
    '20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

tow truck ended up taking it because he left by ambulance.

I just got a text from him saying that he is a little sore, but the front end of the seca is toast.

At least he has no excuse but to replace it now! I suddenly have a free spot in my shed if anybody needs a place to store their bike this winter

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

Hey all! So... since i haven't been doing the Bike Night write up i figgured i should do this one.

So i was getting out of work and heading home with a quick pitstop. i wanted to pick up a trickle charger for my battery at Bond Auto Parts right next to the P-Chopps right off of exit 13 and route 7. It was raining and of course i was wearing full gear. i pulled into the main part of the parking lot just fine, but then there is the part where the entering cars have right of way and the exiting traffic all have stop signs. I went to turn left because i saw a woman that was going straight and heading towards the exit. I SAW HER SLOW DOWN!!! Fuck me though! She did a rolling stop and then looked to her right!

At this point it's raining and i have fully committed to the turn and am directly infornt of her. i had two options, roll on the throttle to try and get out of the way...but as i metioned it was raining and i would have likely lost tracktion and gone under the car, OR....GET FUCKIN' NAILED! so i chose to have the car hit me while i was upright. I wasn't going all that fast due to the rain and the fact that i had just pulled in. She did a rolling stop so she wasn't going all that fast, but was accelorating due to the fact that she didn't see me from looking right.

I replayed the scene once i got a chance to look at my helmet, called the tow service, and had a few hours in the ER to fill my time. She struck the front end of my bike and sent it rocketing out from underneith me. Based on where the scratches are on my helmet and the way i landed, i must have hit my head against the hood, and been flipped around 180 degrees because i landed on my back.

Thankfully do to the fact that i was in full gear i was alright, i was saved by my elbow, back, knee, gaunts, and hip armor and of course my full face helmet. I took a ride to the ER and it was nice to see Jason B. show up so soon after and see that i already had a text and missed call from Doc and Adam. It was very reassuring to know that you guys were there for me so quickly.

The X-Rays look fine and it looks like i am walking away nothing more than a little stiff. I called the tow company and they said the front end of my bike was wrecked. I'm not sure of the acctuall damage on her, but i'll find out tomorrow and post up some pictures. I also have to go to the police department and fill out a report. Anywho, i'll keep you guys posted on the development of this. I'm just crossing my fingers that since this is her fault (and she did feel horrible about it - as she should) i just hope it ends up that way on the official report that makes it to the innsurence company...

GT2

What night is Burlington BIKE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

If her insurance pays for your jacket I want a cut!

'90 Yamaha XT350

Quote Originally Posted by SV650N View Post
    If her insurance pays for your jacket I want a cut!
    Haha! No dice little man...i was wearing the jacket that Mike gave me

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AHAMAYs2 View Post
    The X-Rays look fine and it looks like i am walking away nothing more than a little stiff. I called the tow company and they said the front end of my bike was wrecked. I'm not sure of the acctuall damage on her, but i'll find out tomorrow and post up some pictures. I also have to go to the police department and fill out a report. Anywho, i'll keep you guys posted on the development of this. I'm just crossing my fingers that since this is her fault (and she did feel horrible about it - as she should) i just hope it ends up that way on the official report that makes it to the innsurence company...
    Glad you're okay!

How did things work out at the accident scene -- were the police called? Were there any reports filled out at the time, or is this all being done after the fact?

Unfortunately Vermont doesn't determine fault, so basically you're going to need to work with the insurance, and unless you have witnesses to corroborate your side of things, there's a good chance her insurance will refuse to pay 100% because they'll try to claim that you should have been able to do more to avoid the accident (whether it's true or not, that's how insurance operates, especially when it's your word against hers -- I went through all this when my Honda Civic got totalled, and it was only a witness's testimony that finally convinced the insurance to pay 100%). If they try to pull this crap on you, don't accept it. Also, if they try to undervalue your bike, or not cover your gear or towing or especially medical expenses, don't accept it. Insurance companies try to pay out as little as possible and don't care if they screw you in the process. So stand your ground and refuse any settlement you're not satisfied with.

Oh, and by the way -- if anything like this ever happens again, feel free to call us instead of a tow service. I'm sure between the several of us who live in town, we'd be able to pull a few people together to come take care of things at the scene for you and secure your bike.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Oh, and by the way -- if anything like this ever happens again, feel free to call us instead of a tow service. I'm sure between the several of us who live in town, we'd be able to pull a few people together to come take care of things at the scene for you and secure your bike.

--mark

I asked Parker a couple times if he needed anything... I got the impression his brothers were there to help him.

Maybe you need to get another car Parker...

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

yeah, listen to Mark man. The insurance company will do their best to screw you. Remember, there was nothing you could have done to avoid this lady. Start second guessing or make up some scenario that you could have used to avoid being hit and insurance will jump all over that. I have dealt with insurance on things like this about 3 times now so if you want some help or advice just buzz me.

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    yeah, listen to Mark man. The insurance company will do their best to screw you. Remember, there was nothing you could have done to avoid this lady. Start second guessing or make up some scenario that you could have used to avoid being hit and insurance will jump all over that. I have dealt with insurance on things like this about 3 times now so if you want some help or advice just buzz me.
    I hope he doesn't have Dairyland Ins.......

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

glad to hear youre ok buddy. on the bright side, now you can take any insurance money, and save up some more alllll winter long, and buy a new ride! something to look forward to! you really arent missing any riding time either

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Updates? And no, none of us wanna see the big bruises you have. I wanna see pictures of the damage to the bike!

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Parker,

Glad to hear that you're OK. Trust me, that's the most important thing. All else can be replaced.

Russ

So I talked to the officer that is assigned to my case. He said in his initial report the facts are simple and he will put this in his final report. "The facts are simple. You had right of way, and she had a stop sign and didn't stop. You are not at fault in any way, and my report will reflect that."

I have some pictures on my phone that I'll upload later tonight. But I saw that my nike is quite fixable. (Don't worry I'm still leaning towards a new bike) but the frame, engine, tank, and front farring are all scratched. (The front farring is shattered) so the likelyhood is that they will opt to just total the bike.

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Your bike might be fixable, but it is not worth fixing. Glad to hear the officer's report is nice and solid, you shouldn't have any troubles. Unfortunately, you probably won't get very much money for the bike (maybe around $1,000). If there is any damage to your gear then make sure that her insurance company pays for that. Did your helmet hit? If so get a new one.

'90 Yamaha XT350

If the frame is involved, they'll total it out, no questions asked.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast