Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Positive thoughts needed for our friends Randy and Annette (ranette on NESR)

Unhappy Positive thoughts needed for our friends Randy and Annette (ranette on NESR)

Hey all Burlington Bike Nighters. I'm writing this thread with a heavy heart. Last week our friend Annette (who rides on the back of Randy & Annette's white Guzzi Griso 8V) suffered a brain aneurism.

She made it through an 8 hour surgery and is expected to be in the ICU for the next 3 weeks. (Anyone looking for more specific details should friend (https://www.facebook.com/gablesinn?fref=ts).

You may not recognize the names but you will recognize their bike. They consistently make one of the longer commutes to BBN (from Stowe).

Lets send some positive thoughts and/or prayers their way.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by catamount; 02-03-13 at 05:54 PM.

Re: Positive thoughts needed for our friends Randy and Annette (ranette on NESR)

The good news is Annette is responding to Randy's presence and knows she's at Fletcher Allen, and the doctors are happy with her various diagnostic numbers (blood pressure, etc). Here's hoping she makes it through this with no permanent injury. But recovery is going to take a long time.

Everyone please keep Annette and Randy in your thoughts. Let's look forward to the day we can visit them for breakfast at The Gables again, and see them at Bike Night.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Re: Positive thoughts needed for our friends Randy and Annette (ranette on NESR)

Wow, what a sobering experience. I hope for the best.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

I saw this, this morning on facebook. Terrible news, but glad she's staying strong.

Randy and Annette are two of the nicest people on earth. They hosted a group of 20 of us two years ago from BoRn at the gables. Make a awesome breakfast and are all around great people.

wish her a quick recovery, happened to my mom couple of years ago, she is good now but still has to watch what she does and had to quit smoking, I still don't get why people smoke in the 1st place

This is awful news, but glad she is recovering well. Please tell them to consider an acute rehabilitation stay if indicated. Proven to improve long term outcome after vascular and/or traumatic brain injury. I work at Spaulding rehabilitation and highly recommend it. I have no financial gain in this recommendation, just looking out for a fellow nesr-ian.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That Annette may have a quick full recovery. Best wishes to the couple.

Man that's scary! Best of luck and a speedy recovery to Annette!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Hearing this, I'm struck, once again, by how frail, yet resilient we are. Hoping for a 100% recovery and the best possibile care available....

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Best Wishes....Randy when/if you see this, if there is anything we can do, please let us know.

GT2

What night is Burlington BIKE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Very Positive Thoughts and very Best Wishes for Annette and Randy.

Any updates?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

The last update I saw was yesterday evening, and was not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    When I started this last week, I made mention of the fact that I was conflicted about writing because Annette hates Facebook. The reason probably is that she's a very private person, doesn't think that everybody needs to know everything about her, and she doesn't need to know everything about everyone else. However, when I started there was still hope for a complete recovery, and I really thought she would get to a point where seeing all the beautiful comments would do her well. Unfortunately, with another setback today, we've gone beyond that point. Annette is still with us and there's still hope that she pulls through, but the optimism of a few days ago has certainly subsided-our expectations greatly lowered. At this point, our families' most private moments, I think Annette would want me to pull back from saying much more publicly. Suffice to say that if there seems to be any sort of good news, I'll scream it immediately.

Again, I cannot put into words how grateful we've been for all of the encouragement, healing thoughts and prayers. We are eternally grateful.

Randy

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

Lifer

Prayers and well wishes for Annette and Randy.

Sending thoughts and prayers

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    The last update I saw was yesterday evening, and was not good.

Ah fuck...

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I am really saddened to report that Randy's wife Annette passed away today.

Life is fleeting, so make the most of every minute you have here.

I can't find the words to write much else. My deepest condolences for Randy and everyone else who knew and loved his wife.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

No good words whatsoever... condolences.

CCS/LRRS #83

I'm sorry. My condolences.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

I'm afraid I didn't know Annette or Randy but I am so very saddened for your incomprehensible loss Randy. It's very touching to see how much this community cares for each other and Annette must have been a precious soul to have made so many friends here.

Annette, God's speed and blessings.

-dana

LRRS NOV #358
    http://DucatiRacerChick.blogspot.com/

There's truth and charm and beauty
    And strangeness everywhere
    The closer we examine
    The more there's nothing there

Aw fuck, man. Thoughts, prayer, mojo, vodoo & vibes to friends & family. So sad...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

At times like this there is no accounting for the range of emotions one experiences. My only hope is that Randy, and those who knew and loved Annette, find comfort, in time, with whatever they hold dear. And that the love and caring that people offer is taken to the hearts of the grieving...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Condolences and God's speed to the family on getting through.

I can't even imagine what Randy must be going through right now. He and Annette always struck me as one of those "perfect couples," deeply in love with each other and also the best of friends. Soulmates, if you will. Randy, if you end up reading this, I'm sorrier than I can say for your loss.

--mark

Thanks so much for the kind words, they really do make a difference.

I started riding in my mid 40's and Annette was initially dead set against me getting a bike. Not for the typical reason of her feeling they were dangerous, though that was a secondary factor, the primary reason is she had no interest in riding with me and she felt my riding would keep us from spending time together. She, for once, relented, grudgingly, and I got my way. When I rolled my Ducati GT1000 off my friend's truck that night she looked at it and said "OK, I'll admit it is a beautiful machine, but I have no interest in ever getting on it-and I'm still really pissed at you." A few months and a few thousand miles under my belt and I convinced her to just give it a try. Just a little ride up Route 108, never got above 40mph, at first her arms were wrapped around me as tight as vice grips and slowly I felt her relax and distinctly remember her screaming in my ear over the exhaust note "I like this." From that day on riding did exactly the opposite of what she expected, it brought us closer together. I love a lot of things about motorcycles, but I think maybe what I like most is that in our 28 years together it was the only thing about which I ever remember Annette saying essentially "you were right I was wrong".

Over the weekends we'd start to look at the weather for Tuesday as we both wanted to go to Bike Night. We were never the core group, usually sat at a table inside, just the two of us, and ate, shook a few hands and hung out for a few minutes before the ride home. Even though we were older than most, less experienced riders than most, and certainly less knowledgeable about bikes than just about everyone there, we always felt welcome, and it was a highlight of our week. I thank you all for that and Annette would if she could. I promise you will see me roll up to Donny's on the Griso this summer-passenger pegs permanently down.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by ranette; 02-06-13 at 01:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast