Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Progressive minimum now $95, boo

Progressive minimum now $95, boo

So the last two years, I've paid $77 for liability coverage from Progressive (why get more on a '99 250?).

This year, they've raised the minimum policy cost in Vermont to $95. Boo. That's a substantial hike on a low-end policy. I'm going shopping...which is rather annoying, as I'm hoping to find a new bike soon anyhow...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Progressive minimum now $95, boo

Go with Dairyland. $79 a year for me and that is with MORE then the minimum coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    Go with Dairyland. $79 a year for me and that is with MORE then the minimum coverage.
    I may have to try them. Double minimum (50/100/25 instead of 25/50/10) coverage at Progressive would be $86/yr...but gets bumped up due to the minimum policy cost. Paying $100/yr for insurance doesn't bother me much, but paying an extra $25/yr just to hit their minimum policy price does.

Dairyland fucked me so hard two years ago that it still hurts to sit down........ Best price = ginormous ass raping..... This was for comprehensive stuff though, not liabilty.

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...sucks-ass.html

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

OK, I have to give Progressive some credit at this point. I'm still not pleased that they increased the minimum policy level, but I just talked to someone on the phone who was understanding and willing to run various numbers to get me the most coverage possible for the $95 minimum. So I now have a much more robust liability coverage but am still paying the $95 minimum.

She also noted that, although the online system does not ask about safety classes, there are discounts available, which she did apply for me.

So, overall, I'm reasonably happy with the service but slightly annoyed that I had to make the phone call (and that I was apparently missing out on an MSF discount), which I made in part because the "pay-in-full" discount wasn't being applied when I went to the online payment page. So I'd give Progressive's online purchasing setup a C- and the phone customer service a B+.

(Geico was still a lot more money, perhaps because they factor in years of riding experience and Progressive, as best I can recall, does not ask that.)

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    So the last two years, I've paid $77 for liability coverage from Progressive (why get more on a '99 250?).
    Just an FYI, liability is protecting you, not the bike. If you injure or kill someone, it doesn't matter if you are on a '99 250 or a 10 R1, the injured person will be suing you, not the bike.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by BMFR6 View Post
    Just an FYI, liability is protecting you, not the bike. If you injure or kill someone, it doesn't matter if you are on a '99 250 or a 10 R1, the injured person will be suing you, not the bike.
    Yup, aware of that, thanks—I meant why get coverage other than liability (comprehensive or collision), not why get more than minimal liability coverage (which is to cover your ass in the event of a crash).

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    Yup, aware of that, thanks—I meant why get coverage other than liability (comprehensive or collision), not why get more than minimal liability coverage (which is to cover your ass in the event of a crash).
    Kind of figured that, but just wanted to clear it up in case someone that didn't know came strolling along.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)