Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ride Mon, Tues or Wed..?

Re: Ride Mon, Tues or Wed..?

9:30 at the shell?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

that'll work. get snacky cakes and red bull or whatever there then we'll head north and east and get lunch

Last edited by Slyder; 06-07-09 at 09:55 PM. Reason: finish typing reply then click submit

Freak's gotta be a bitch and call out...I had made plans that cannot be rescheduled for another day, and I noticed earlier tonight that the headlight on the 9 is cracking around a mount point...so if the weather clears Tues/Wed I'll get out on the beast...have fun, be safe, enjoy yourselves!

I'll get with you either way Slyder before Thursday-Ill come to you, so no worries.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Sorry I bailed guys. I forgot that I had also made plans with a friend for today, which incidentally got squashed when I was called into work. So much for a day off...

Hope you guys had a kickass time and I'll try to make it next time.

"And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
    Sorry I bailed guys. I forgot that I had also made plans with a friend for today, which incidentally got squashed when I was called into work. So much for a day off...

Hope you guys had a kickass time and I'll try to make it next time.
    I sat and waited and waited. Bread showed up, then we waited. Then we ate in-healthy deep fried food. And waited some more.

You are soooooooooooo off the x-mas card list now. Course having no one in the group with brains to keep us fools under control, we hauled ass. I gotta 176 in a 50. Bread and I were damn near in the next county by the time he turned around, but we pulled right over and that made him happy enough to just give us a warning.

The 999 was fun to ride for a stint. I was gonna keep goin but the gixxer scared Bread. It's an intimidating bitch at times. I call it satan on 2 wheels even. I actually think it needs 20-30 more hp but I don't want to pay for that.

Screwin off aside it was a pretty slick ride. I think I clocked about 270ish miles. No tickets, though not more than a minute after I get on the 999 we did pass an officer who didn't seem to mind us doing 16-18 over.

Little nippy in the AM but worth it, excellent day overall

Thumbs up Re: Ride Mon, Tues or Wed..?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post
    I sat and waited and waited. Bread showed up, then we waited. Then we ate in-healthy deep fried food. And waited some more.

You are soooooooooooo off the x-mas card list now. Course having no one in the group with brains to keep us fools under control, we hauled ass. I gotta 176 in a 50. Bread and I were damn near in the next county by the time he turned around, but we pulled right over and that made him happy enough to just give us a warning.

The 999 was fun to ride for a stint. I was gonna keep goin but the gixxer scared Bread. It's an intimidating bitch at times. I call it satan on 2 wheels even. I actually think it needs 20-30 more hp but I don't want to pay for that.

Screwin off aside it was a pretty slick ride. I think I clocked about 270ish miles. No tickets, though not more than a minute after I get on the 999 we did pass an officer who didn't seem to mind us doing 16-18 over.

Little nippy in the AM but worth it, excellent day overall

It was a good ride indeed! 346 miles of good ride to be exact! The Lyndonville Lady Diner is excellent - if you are up there, check it out. Plus, the waitstaff is a bunch of squidettes! "Yeah I had a cbr 600rr, but i crashed that at about 100 miles per hour, wearing just a t shirt and jeans.. and all i got was a little rash on my elbow, and hip.. Now i have gsxr 600....." Not too bad looking either! Lake Willowbee (sp) is pretty freaking nice - infact the whole north east area is like vt x2, more and bigger mountains, nice twisty roads, random squidettes!

Riding the gixxer was an experience to say the least. I was in 3rd going a buck fiddy, and thats when i realized this is the type of machine that i will get hurt on... if i did not get off asap, i would have started doing wheelies and all sorts of squiddy shit. that bike is fucking awesome.

It was a bit chilly in the am but warmed up to a nice afternoon and evening. the road selection was superb, rt 15 had some nice turns, as did 5a, the notch, ect... Low LEO presence, and no one else showing up- meant slyder and I were able to cruse at a reasonable pace, and cover lots of ground.

What a great ride - my first time up to the NEK - Its NICE

Man, you guys missed out on a sweet ride.

And now - its raining.

I think she only gets up to the 138 range in 3rd

Oh I gotta top speed memory recall on the speedo healer. I can check to see what it says now... after Bread beat the piss outta my bike

There's definitely a pile of roads out there, more to explore for sure. Now if only I could tell a road was dirt by looking at the map.....

Man that sounds nice! Bummed I missed it. Stupid work. We should get one going when everyone is free (good luck ), next time!

SVenpointsixtwo
    2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post

You are soooooooooooo off the x-mas card list now. Course having no one in the group with brains to keep us fools under control, we hauled ass.
    I'm soooooo sorry! I sent a text to Freak first thing, only to see his post later that he bailed, too! This no internet at home thing is getting to be a real pisser.

Glad ya'll had fun, were safe, and remained ticket free!

"And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12